Status: Finished!

My Arranged Marriage to Sidney Crosby

Chapter Twenty-Nine: A Misshapen

Disclaimer: I only own my characters, Sidney and the Pittsburgh Penguins belong to Mario Lemieux.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter Twenty-Nine
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“I gotta go mom… I love you too… Yes, I promise we’ll see each other soon… Yes ma, love ya- bye.” I said and as soon as I hung up the phone, I ran to the bathroom.

For the past twenty minutes I’ve had to pee, but my mom wouldn’t let me off the phone. She was telling me her plans to come down and visit soon with dad. I told her that was fine, but then she wanted me to tell her what plane tickets were the best deal. It took her forever and each time I told her something was a good deal she would just tell me that I was trying to get rid of her. As if I would do something like that. I simply had to pee- I would’ve called her right back!

My thoughts were broken when I heard a plop, confused I looked down and saw a bunch of blood. I started to freak out and quickly cleaned up and made sure the bathroom looked as if there had been no accident. Still shaking, I grabbed the phone and dialed the first number that came into mind.

My sister.

“Hello, this is Rebecca Brooks speaking. How may I help you?”

“Rebecca!” I exclaimed, “It’s me- Jess!”

“Jessica?” she asked, her voice filled with surprise.

“Becca, I think something bad might have just happened.”

“Jess? Jess, what do you mean? Please, just calm down and tell me what happened. Are you hurt? Did you have a fight with someone? Jess, please tell me what happened.” I heard panic in her voice and told her what happened.

“Blood? You were pregnant?”

“I think I’ve had a miscarriage.” I exclaimed my voice filled with hysteria.

“Don’t just jump to that conclusion. Just because you saw blood doesn’t mean you had a miscarriage. Where are you now?” she asked, her voice going into doctor mode.

“I’m in Pittsburgh- Sid’s house.” I told her.

“I’m here in Pittsburgh as well, I’ll drive to wherever you are, which is…” she asked, waiting for an answer.

“Sidney Crosby’s house.” I whispered.

“Alright- what’s the-” she broke off, before continuing again. “Did you say ‘Sidney Crosby’s house’?”

I nodded, but then remembered she couldn’t see me, “Yea, I did. Long story.”

“Well I better hear all of it when I get there.” She told me.

“I will, but please just hurry. I’m freaking out.”

“On my way, see you in a bit.” She said and then hung up.

I quickly hung the phone up and waited for my sister to come. After five minutes it dawned on me that I hadn’t given her the address and called her phone. She didn’t pick up the first time, so I tried again, and then again until I heard the doorbell. I quickly ran to the door praying to God it wasn’t Sidney.

“Jess!” I heard and saw my sister exclaim as I opened the door. She quickly embraced me and then ushered me inside so we could sit down and talk about what just happened.

“Why didn’t you call the hospital?” she asked me, once I had retold my story with more detail.

“Because, I don’t want anyone to know.” I explained. “Everyone thinks Sid is marrying me because he got me pregnant and wants to do the right thing.”

“You’re marrying him?” she asked me, total shock written on her face.

I nodded my head.

“Why didn’t you tell me? I know why Helen and Wes didn’t call and tell me- but you tell me everything! Besides, he was the kid who you hated so much.”

“I’m sorry Becca. I really am. Mom and Dad just planned it and I was forced into it… and I did hate him.”

“Did? As in the past tense?” she asked. “Wait. Did you just say they planned it?”

“Yea, an arranged marriage. I was furious with them at first, but Sidney and I have learned how to get along.”

“You and him get along now? I never thought I’d see that day. Funny how things change.”

“Becca?” I asked her, suddenly turning serious.

She gave me a worried look, but remained silent so I could continue.

“Will you be my bridesmaid?” She was about to answer, when I continued on. “Becca, please. I don’t care that mom and dad will disapprove. You’re one of the only people that I’m seriously close to- you’ve been there for me even when you were told not to.”

She smiled, “I would love to Jess.”

“Thank you!” I exclaimed as I gave her a huge smile.

“But first- we have to figure out what just happened to you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that this was a really short chapter, but I really wanted to get something up for you guys. But, now we have another interesting thing happening. Who knew Jess had a sister? ...Well besides me. Anyways- you will be seeing some family drama and just drama in general occurring in the next chapter. But, for the meanwhile, just enjoy this new little chapter.

And I'm super sorry if I made anyone uncomfortable.