Status: Finished!

My Arranged Marriage to Sidney Crosby

Chapter Thirty: Surprise Me Darling

Disclaimer: I only own my characters, Sidney and the Pittsburgh Penguins belong to Mario Lemieux.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter Thirty
~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was nearing two o’clock and I knew Sidney would be coming home soon from practice and I knew that he was either going to be very tired, or very hungry. I was rummaging through the cabinets, trying to decide on what to make, while my sister watched me. And how was I going to tell Sidney about Becca? I knew he remembered her, that wouldn’t be a problem. The problem would be explaining why she was here.

I was trying to figure out how to explain everything, when a question popped up. “Becca?” I asked, stopping what I was doing.

“Hmm?” she asked from her seat at the counter.

“How did you know where Sidney’s house was?”

“Oh, well, uhm, you see…” she stuttered.

I knew something wasn’t right, but I didn’t know how wrong it could be. I continued to look at her, while she continued to try and tell me how she knew where Sid lived.

“I’m home!” I heard Sidney exclaim, but I paid him no mind. I wanted to know how and why Becca knew where Sidney lived.

I heard him walk into the kitchen and then stop. Becca’s eyes looked over at him and she seemed to be saying ‘I’m sorry’ by her look.

“What is going on? Was there something that happened between you?” I asked. I didn’t care if something did, I just wanted to know.

“No! Of course not Jess.” Becca exclaimed, bewildered by my question to her.

“Then how come you can’t just tell me?”

“It was supposed to be a surprise.” I heard Sidney tell me and I looked over at him. It looked as if he hadn’t showered yet and I watched as he threw his bag next to the stairs.

“Surprise?” I asked.

“Yea, I was going to invite Becca to the wedding. Whenever you happened to go out, mostly with Talbot because he knew what I was up to, I would invite Becca over and we would talk.”

“Talbot knew?” I asked.

Sid nodded his head. “I invited Becca over because we needed to sort some things out, I would have met up with her somewhere else, but I didn’t want any rumors to start spreading around.”

“Wait, talk about what?”

“How to get your parents agree to letting me come.”

“They’re your parents too!” I exclaimed.

“Technically not anymore.” Becca said, she sounded tired with telling me the same line over again and again. But I still hated to admit that technically they really weren’t.

I smiled weakly at my sister than at Sid. I had asked Becca not to tell Sid about the baby, but I was worried she would. I didn’t know how to tell him, but I knew I wanted him to hear it from me. Thankfully though my sister was something of a traveling midwife- although I guess technically she wasn’t. She had all that high tech machines that I’m guessing midwives did not have.

“So why are you here?” Sid asked Becca.

Crap. I hadn’t thought of an excuse of to why she was here.

“Jess was feeling a bit down and she wanted someone to talk to.” She quickly and convincingly told him. I figured he would ask why I hadn’t called Eric first, but he didn’t. Instead he pulled me into a hug and kissed the top of my head.

“Let’s go out tonight.” He told me.

“I thought you had something to do with the guys tonight.”

“That can wait. Besides we need to have a night out.” He said.

“That’ll be nice then.” I told him.

“Becca you are more than welcome to join us.” Sid offered, but she shook her head at the mention of her joining us.

“I’ve got something to do, but I do appreciate the offer. Besides I’m sure you two have much to talk about and catch up on.” She said as she looked directly at me.

Sid, thinking it had something to do with me feeling down, told her not to worry. “I’ll get to the bottom of it.”

Becca soon left and Sid made himself a cheese sandwich, which he quickly devoured and when he had finished he exclaimed that he was going to take a shower. I nodded my head and went to go sit on the couch in the living room. I turned on the T.V. as Sid walked upstairs and quickly flipped through the channels, looking for something to watch. After awhile of not being able to find anything, I quickly picked a random movie that was playing and pretended to watch it. In all honesty, I was worried about the baby. Becca had told me she was sure everything would be fine, but I just had this feeling and first thing I would do when I had free time I would schedule a doctor’s appointment.

“Jess, are you all right?” I heard Sid ask me suddenly.

I quickly perked up, “Yeah, I’m fine. Why?”

“I’ve been calling your name for the past five minutes.”

“Oh, sorry- I just kinda zoned out. Sorry, what were you saying?”

“I asked you how your day was.”

“Oh it was uneventful.” I lied. “Nothing really happened. How was practice for you?”

“Same as always.” He told me, as he pulled me to him. “Where would you like to eat tonight?”

I thought for a second, but couldn’t come up with anything. “Surprise me.”

“Were you looking for something casual or something a little dressier?”

“I don’t know.” I thought for a moment though, trying to figure something out. When I couldn’t I looked up at Sid, “Why don’t you decide tonight.”

“I can do that.” He told me, as he kissed my cheek and changed the channel to something we could both enjoy watching.
♠ ♠ ♠
Firstly, let me just apologize for the fact that it took me forever to get this up. And secondly, I apologize for this being such a crap chapter. If it means anything, I'm currently finishing the Halloween special (which should hopefully be done soon) and yes I know that Halloween has passed, but I really wanted to get it up.

Anyways, I'm starting to think that this story is moving really slow now and that it just sucks in general. But I promise to make future chapters better and continue the story a bit better.