Status: Finished!

My Arranged Marriage to Sidney Crosby

Chapter Thirty-One: Cross My Heart

Disclaimer: I only own my characters, Sidney and the Pittsburgh Penguins belong to Mario Lemieux.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter Thirty-One
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Sidney and I got back from dinner, neither of us was in a good mood. I was only slightly mad, whereas Sid was fuming. Apparently either the restaurant or one of their customers had alerted the paparazzi that Sidney was seen being out with his fiancée. When they found out they came buzzing over, overwhelming me and most especially Sid, but what got him really ticked off was when they asked him if he was only marrying me because I was pregnant. He didn’t lash out at them, he was composed, but he made it clear that he was marrying me because he loved me. Even though Sidney and I had never used L word.

Without a word to Sidney, I quickly ran up to my actual room and took off my dress. I opened the door to my closet and quickly pulled out a shirt and some pants from the dresser. After I was dressed in comfy clothing I went into the bathroom and washed my face and brushed my teeth. I then threw my hair up into a messy ponytail and sprawled across my bed, dialing Eric’s ever so familiar number. On the third dial he picked up.

“Jess! How is everything? I wasn’t expecting you to call.” His voice met me and I couldn’t help but smile. He could instantly make me feel better.

“Hey Eric. Everything is pretty good around here and yeah- I figured I hadn’t called you in awhile. How is everything going for you?”

“Can’t complain much, we’ve been winning more of our games and looking good out on the ice. However, I don’t get to hang out much with friends or even go out on dates.” He told me.

I laughed, “I’m sure you’ll be going on a date soon. All the ladies seem to love you.”

“Well, what can I say?” he asked and I could picture him on the other line checking out his muscles and rolled my eyes.

“And you’re so humble about it too!”

“Well it’s just in my nature.”

“Whatever Eric.”

“So how is everything going in Pittsburgh?” he asked.

Eric and I talked for two hours now, Sid had already knocked on the door to let me know that he was going to bed, but I still wouldn’t get off the phone. I hadn’t seen my best friend in ages and it felt like the old times.

“You need to come up and visit soon.” Eric finally told me. “I miss you.”

“I miss you too.” I whispered. I wouldn’t let Sid know, but I was homesick.

“You need to get on the first flight out here and come and see me.” He told me.

“I think I might do that. I’ll tell mom that instead of her coming down to see me, I’ll come up and visit. It has been awhile.”

“I’ll book your flight right now. I can have you on a plane out of there in no time.”

“I’m sure you can, but I should probably talk to Crosby boy before I go ahead and buy the tickets.”

“Since when do you converse with Sidney and get permission to come and see your best friend?” Eric asked me. He sounded hurt that I would even consider such the possibility of talking with Sidney and the fact that he might say no to me.

“No worries Eric. I have that boy wrapped around my little pinky.” I laughed.

“I’m sure you do. But seriously Jessie,” he said, using a nickname that only he was allowed to use, “Please come up here.”

“I will. First chance I get, I promise.”

“You promise?”

“Yes, a cross my heart and hope to die promise.” I told him.

“That serious coming from you.” He joked.

“I know and don’t worry- it’ll be on the first flight I can get.”

“Good, I can’t wait to see my Jessica.” Eric told me. “Well it’s getting late, I should probably leave you to your sleep. Goodnight Jess, I love you.”

“Wait, please don’t hang up.” I exclaimed silently. “Can we just stay on the phone like we used to?”

“I don’t see why not. Besides, I don’t want to feel alone tonight either.” He told me.

I smiled a goofy grin and before I knew it I fell into darkness.

>>>
“Jess. Jessica? Darling dear Jess, are you awake yet?” I heard someone softly sing from next to me. I stirred in my sleep and gave a grunt to let the person know that I did not want to be woken up from my sleep. I heard the person laugh. “Jessie, I’ve gotta go- great hearing your snore again in such a long time.”

I sat up and saw the phone lying next to me, with the charger in. “Morning Eric.” I said sounding like a man.

“Good morning sunshine.” He answered back.

“What time is it?”

“About eight-ish.” He let me know.

“It’s too early.” I informed him.

“Not really, you’re just lazy.”

“That’s not true!”

I heard him laughing on the other line as he assured me that I was right and he was wrong. “Anyways Jess I’ve gotta go. I’ll maybe give you a call later today and we’ll talk about those plane tickets and coming to give me a visit and maybe coming to a game.”

“That’ll work for me. Now you should go and do what you’ve gotta do, but me? I’m going back to sleep.”

“See ya.”

“Have a good day.” I told him and hung up. Afterwards I curled back up in my blankets and went back to sleep with dreams of visiting the place I called home.
♠ ♠ ♠
New chapter, not too much happens in this one- I know, I'm sorry about that. But next chapter I will be planning on having Jess up in Canada again to visit her friends and family. Anyways, I believe I'm getting a new laptop soon, so I'll have to transfer everything over and it might take awhile, so I'll try and get another chapter up tonight but it might not happen because I have to get tutored \: .

I hope you enjoyed this little chapter and I love you guys<3