Status: Finished!

My Arranged Marriage to Sidney Crosby

Chapter Thirty-Three: Doctor Visit

Disclaimer: I only own my characters, Sidney and the Pittsburgh Penguins belong to Mario Lemieux.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter Thirty-Three
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was sitting in a waiting room, waiting to be seen by a doctor who would check on the baby growing (if it was still there unharmed) inside me.

“Hunter, Jessica.” The lady called. She was an older lady in her late fifties, dressed in plain blue scrubs.

I stood up and made my way to the lady. She told me to follow her and I did as I was told. We walked down a long hallway until she stopped suddenly in front of a plain white door. She told me that Dr. Wilkz would soon be with me and I waited in the room.

It felt like ages until Dr. Wilkz walked through the door carrying a clipboard carrying the information I had given her. I had decided to go to a more private and more expensive practice. I didn’t want this information to be leaked to anyone and besides if the paparazzi got involved I could simply tell them it was time for another checkup. Dr. Wilkz was a younger woman in her thirties with blonde hair pulled back in a low pony with a few loss strands hanging in her face. When she was finished reading she looked up at me and gave me a smile.

“Hello Jess. How are you doing today?” she asked, sitting on a stool.

“I’m doing alright. A bit nervous.” I told her as I bit my lip.

“That’s understandable.” She told me. “It says here that you had a scare concerning the
baby, but your sister didn’t see anything wrong. Is that correct?”'

“Yes.”

“May I ask why you came here?”

“I wanted to make sure everything was alright. I know I’m not due for another doctor’s visit for another three weeks, but I wanted to make sure everything was all good.”

“Well let’s check it out. While you put these on, I’ll stand out in the hall. Just let me know when I can come back in.”

I gave a slight nod of my head, while she handed me some paper robes to change into. She went out into the hall and I quickly stripped down wanting to get this all over with. When I was dressed in the makeshift clothing for know, I let Dr. Wilkz know and when she came back in we got to work.

>>>>
“So, do you see anything? Is everything healthy looking?” I eagerly asked, after twenty minutes had gone by and my doctor had told me nothing.

She turned to look away at the screen and looked me in the eyes. I saw her left eye twitch before she answered me. “I’m sorry dear, but I don’t that the little bit of blood you left was quite normal. Nothing is showing up. I’m sorry.” She told me.

I took in a deep breath. I was having mixed feelings on how I was feeling. On one hand I was relieved because it meant that nothing bad would be written about me, or even Sidney for that matter. But another hand I was devastated. Sure it had only been about a month and a half old and I believed that they were basically a nothing when that old, but I had wanted to keep this baby.

“Did your parents ever have trouble with reproducing or miscarriages?” the doctor asked me.

I nodded my head, “They did have some trouble, but they never mentioned miscarriages or anything horrendous.” I told her.

She nodded her head as if she was making a mental note. “Well, as far as everything else goes you seem very healthy. I wouldn’t worry too much. For some women miscarriages are normal and for others, not so much. It just depends on the woman’s body and even genetics can play a part.”

I nodded my head again, I didn’t know what to say. Dr. Wilkz continued to talk, telling me random facts and trying to make me feel better. However, I wasn’t paying much attention. I didn’t really care about what she had to say. All I wanted to do was get out of this building, find Eric and cuddle on the couch with him while watching reruns of Friends, which was exactly what I was planning to do with him since he didn’t have a game tonight. When Dr. Wilkz left, I quickly put my clothes back on, paid in cash (not wanting future bills from them or any membership deals) and went on my merry way. I had rented a black Hummer (one of my favorite vehicles) and drove to Eric’s house where I was staying for the meantime. When I pulled in the driveway, I sat in my car for a bit longer before I finally got the nerve to get out and knock on Eric’s door.

“Hey Jessica!” Eric’s smiling face greeted me.

I couldn’t help but smile back, but I could tell that Eric knew immediately that something was wrong. He didn’t say anything, but the look on his face told me he was there for me no matter what. I was about to walk in when he swept me off my feet and carried me to the living room, where all the discs of Friends was laid out on the floor.

“You’re awesome.” I told him, as he placed me on the worn, beige couch and popped in the first season of discs.

“I try.” He said, shrugging his shoulders and sitting next to me with his arms outstretched. I quickly maneuvered my body so that I was pressed up against Eric’s body and he wrapped his arms around me.

“However, you did forget the popcorn.”

“Nope, it’s right here.” He said and grabbed a bag from the table sitting beside him.

“Ice cream for tonight?” I asked.

“Jessie- I’ve got everything.” He told me, as he looked down at me with a stern face. I smiled up at him and then turned my attention back to the television, but I could’ve sworn I heard him say under his breath ‘even you for now.’
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally updated! WOOO! Acutally, I even have the next chapter written, but I haven't gotten too many comments the last few chapters I've put up, so I'm not sure if there is still a lot of people who are enjoying this story. But thanks a million to all of you who have commented and are continuing to read(: It means a lot to me. Much love!