Status: Finished!

My Arranged Marriage to Sidney Crosby

Chapter Thirty Four: The Teal Coffee Mug

Disclaimer: You know the drill by now - I only own my characters, Sidney and the rest of the Pittsburgh Penguins belong to Mario Lemieux.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter Thirty-Four
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Want some coffee?” Eric asked me about five hours later.

“Please.” I told him, knowing that he made some of the best coffee out there. “Oh! And could you grab a blanket for me when you’re up?” I asked.

“Sure.” He told me, as I sat up from him and let him make his way to the kitchen. A few minutes later he was walking back in the living room, carrying two blankets for me. I laughed as he wrapped me up in the one and then simply threw the other in a ball so I could rest my head on it for the meanwhile.

“Don’t forget the sugar!” I called from my spot on the couch. I heard Eric grumble a response and laughed.

Another couple minutes later and Eric was walking back into the living room carrying two cups of coffee. They were both in two huge mugs- one a teal-ish colour and the other a dark orange.

“The orange one for you.” Eric joked, as he began to hand me the orange mug.

“Nu-uh, the teal one is mine. Besides, I can’t even grab the mugs because I’m all wrapped up in this blanket.” I told him.

“Well then, I guess you can’t stop me from drinking from your favourite mug.” He told me, bringing my mug up to his lips to drink from it.

“Eric!” I exclaimed, as I struggled to get out of my blanket prison.

“Oh, I’m almost there. Ow!

I had untangled myself from the blanket and had quickly tried to grab the mug from him, but instead I knocked him off his balance and some of the coffee spilled.

“I’m sorry!” I exclaimed, as I quickly grabbed the mug from him and set it down on the coffee table. “Are you alright?”

“Yeah, I’m fine. Coffee’s hot though.” He said, as he looked down at his shirt with the coffee stains. “You’re gonna wash this though.”

I laughed, “Of course, it’s the least I can do. Besides I’m sure you want me to do the rest of your dirty laundry as well.”

“How’d you guess?” he asked me, grinning.

“Because I know you too well.” I told him. “Now come on- I want to finish this season of Friends.”

He huffed, “OK well we better start it now if we want to finish the whole series by sometime tonight.”

We both settled ourselves back on the couch, in the same position we were in before, but this time with a blanket covering us both and our mugs of coffee to keep us content and awake for the rest of the night.

>>>>
“What do you want to do now Jessie?” Eric asked me, as the last episode of Friends ended.

I thought for a moment before answering, “I have no idea, but I should probably check my phone.” I paused a second before continuing. “I didn’t tell Sidney I was coming up here.”

Eric’s face looked bewildered. “Why not?” he asked after a moment of silence.

“Well he told me no at first. But I haven’t seen any of my friends or family and so when he left for practice I packed, called you up for a ticket and left for the airport. I wasn’t going to let Sid tell me I couldn’t see my family.”

“But you haven’t seen your family yet.”

“Well I consider you family.” I told him.

It looked like he grimaced before smiling. I was going to ask what was wrong, but I decided to leave it be. Eric wasn’t always willing to share everything with me. Majority, yes. But I never forced him to say anything- he would tell me when he wanted to.

“I’m glad, but don’t you think you should have at least called him when you got here so that he knew where you were? He’s probably worried about you.”

“No. He’s not my babysitter and he definitely doesn’t control what I can do and what I can’t do.”

“Jessie.” Eric tried to reason with me. “I’m not saying he can tell you what to do and what not to do, but you should have at least called him or left a message.”

I sighed and bit my lip. “I guess, but I’m mad at him.”

Eric rolled his eyes. “Go check your phone and call him back if he called you.”

I followed Eric’s orders and went to his guest room where my bags were sitting on the floor. I dug through my one bag where I knew my phone was and when I pulled it out and checked it, I had twenty-five missed calls and fifty new text messages.

“Holy shit.” I muttered, as I checked my voicemail. Some were from Sid, who I could tell was pissed off and there were a couple from Jordon, Maxie and Kris who just sounded worried.

I decided to go through my text messages, not bothering to read all of them. I saw again that most of them were from Sidney who was being rude. At first he was concerned and sweet, but as they went on they became nastier and meaner. I decided to text him back to let him know I was at Eric’s place and that I was perfectly fine and that he shouldn’t be such a jerk. I was about to throw my phone back in the bag when Sidney texted me back right away and then he started to call. I was about to pick it up when I decided to hit ignore. I wasn’t going to listen to him yell at me because I didn’t listen to him. I then decided to turn off my phone and then calmly walked back out to the living room where Eric sat waiting for me.

“So?” he asked me, when he saw me reenter the room.

“He knows where I am. I left him a message.”

“Good.” He smiled. “Now pick out what we’re going to do next.”
♠ ♠ ♠
You guys are seriously amazing! I'm glad you are all still enjoying the story and I'm hoping that this will get finished soon. I'm already plotting the ending (which I"m thinking you guys won't like....) but! I'm thinking about making a sequel. That is, if I do go through with the idea I have in my head on ending this story. In fact, it could just be a few more chapters if I go through with this idea.

So.... Sid? Seems a bit jealous maybe? You'll just find out in the next chapter- which is in progress already. I only have a few lines of it, but I know how I want it to go. So check in once in awhile 'cause I'm hoping to have it up by the end of this weekend. At least, that's my goal. But I've got to update some other stories as well.

Hope you all have a terrific weekend(: Much love!