Status: Finished!

My Arranged Marriage to Sidney Crosby

Chapter Thirty-Five: Speaker Phone

Disclaimer: You know the drill by now - I only own my characters, Sidney and the rest of the Pittsburgh Penguins belong to Mario Lemieux.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter Thirty-Five: Speaker Phone
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Dude calm down.” Kris told me as I paced back and forth in my living room, perplexed.

“How am I supposed to calm down?” I asked. I knew I was overacting, but I was mad. “I told her not to go and she didn’t listen to me.” I continued. “I called her parents, but they haven’t seen her, but she called them-told them she was at Eric’s place.” I ranted on for another couple seconds before Max interrupted me.

“Sid, she can take care of herself, besides Eric is her friend of course she would go see him!”

I shot Max a glare. “That isn’t the point.”

“What is the point then?” Jordan asked me. “She hasn’t seen her family in quite awhile and Eric even longer and then you tell her she can’t see them? You know how Jess is, she wasn’t looking for you permission to go.”

“Then why did she ask me?” I asked.

“Probably because she wanted your acceptance.” Kris spoke up again.

“That’s stupid.” I lamely commented.

“It isn’t stupid Sid.” Fleury’s voice rang out and I turned around to see him standing by the front door as he took off a gray jacket. When he threw the jacket over the banister he looked up and met my stare with a stern look to his face.

Suddenly his phone began going off. He quickly got out his phone from his pocket and answered it which reminded me of the fact that Jess had turned hers off the other night, well technically early morning.

“Jessica?” Fleury suddenly exclaimed. My head snapped back to look at him once more and was about to tell him to put his phone on speaker, when Jess’s voice rang out.

“Flower! Thank the gods you answered your phone!” she exclaimed.

“What’s up?”

“Well, I tried Sid’s and Maxie’s phone, but neither of them picked it up.”

Confusion probably plainly written in my face I quickly pulled out my phone from my sweatpants’ pocket and checked my phone to see that I did, in fact, have a missed call. To be honest, I actually had two missed calls from her. I was furious at myself for missing her calls. How could I have missed that? I’d been waiting for her to turn her phone back on so that either she could call me or so that I could call her. I looked over at Talbo who seemed even more confused than me.

“Jess didn’t call me.” He mouthed so that Jess wouldn’t be able to hear him. Flower, who was still on the phone with Jess and ignoring the on-going mouthing between me and Max, continued talking to Jess. Apparently she was out to lunch with Eric and her parents.

“Would you mind telling Sid for me that I’m sorry I acted in anger because he wouldn’t let me go?” she asked.

“Here, why don’t you talk to him yourself?” he asked her.

He was about to hand me the phone when Jess spoke up in protest.

“Flower, please don’t. I don’t want to talk to him until I know he has cooled down and I know for a fact that he’s still mad at me for disobeying him, turning off my phone and not answering his texts.” She said.

“Are you sure Jess? He’s only just right here.” He tried telling her.

“Yeah, yeah. I’m sure, just tell him that I’m sorry. I would’ve left a voicemail for him, but his mailbox is full.”

Flower sighed, “I’ll let him know Jessica. Don’t you worry.”

“Thanks, you’re awesome. Sorry to rush off so suddenly, but I’ve gotta go. Eric’s game is supposed to start soon.”

“Sounds like fun.” He told her.

“I hope so.” Jess paused. “Hey Marc-Andre?”

“Yeah?”

There was another moment of silence from the other side of the phone, but then she answered, “Nevermind. I’ll see you all soon, promise.” Jess told him.

“Bye Jess.”

“Bye.”

Click

“Something sounds wrong.” I said, as soon as I was sure it was safe to speak.

“I agree with you, but we can’t be sure what is about.” Jordan commented, knowing I was about to jump to conclusions.

“Come on Sid, let’s go do something to stop all your worrying.” Talbo said, as he stood up from the chair he was sitting on and stretched.

“Don’t even.” Flower told him.

“What?” Max asked innocently.

“We all know what you do to take your mind off something.” Letang told him.

“It’s just some innocent fun.” He tried to convince us.

“There is nothing innocent about what you do.” I said to him. I had stopped pacing again and looked at Talbo with a serious face.

“You just need to relax.”

“Do I?” I asked.

“Yeah, come on. I’ve got something for us to do.” He told me with a mysterious twinkle in his eyes. However, I shrugged and ignored it deciding to follow along.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that this chapter is so short, but I wanted you to get a feel of Sidney's take on it and how the guys viewed it. You aren't going to find out what all the boys do until later when Jess comes home and they're acting strange around her. Yeah. I've got some drama about to go down. But, who says everything won't go right in the end? Well, it might not actually. I'm thinking about doing a sequel to the whole story because I'm not sure if you'll be happy with what I'm planning right now. And I'm honestly thinking about going down that path. However, I'd feel bad seeing as..... well I'm going to stop because I'll give it all away. But there will most definitely be a sequel either way.

Please give me some feedback on what you guys think. I always find it motivational, especially for when I need to update. Peace lovelies(: