Status: Finished!

My Arranged Marriage to Sidney Crosby

Chapter Thirty-Seven: A New Chapter

Disclaimer: You should know the drill by now.... I only own the characters I made up, the rest (Penguins) all belong to Mario Lemieux.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter Thirty-Seven
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few months have passed by and Sidney and I have become quite the power couple. We’ve been holding benefits and going off to charity dinners and we even have our plans straight for the wedding. We settled on the place his parents showed us to use for the reception. We worked with the owners and workers there to create the perfect atmosphere and make it be the perfect night.

“Come on Jess, your dress has just come in and we need to see if it’ll fit you right.” Violetta said to me while we were in the kitchen grabbing a snack.

“I don’t want to; I’ve had enough of this wedding stuff.” I told her as I grabbed a cup from the cabinet and poured myself some ice tea that my mom had made while she was here.

“It’s one more fitting Jess and then we can come home and lounge around.” She said.

Violetta and I had grown very close and she was like a sister to me. We were always hanging out and going places and she even went up to Canada with me a few times to meet my family. Eventually hanging out with me led to hanging out with the guys which led to Jordan asking her out. She was excited when he finally got the nerves to ask her out to dinner and made me come over her apartment to help her pick out clothes to wear. I was finally glad that Jordan found a girl who genuinely liked him for him and it made our relationship a bit more stable.

“Promise?” I asked her.

“Promise. We’ll get out a bunch of home decorating magazines and get some ideas to spice this place up.”

“I’ve never heard a better idea.” I told her. “Let’s go and get this over with.”

Violetta gave me a triumphant smile and grabbed my keys for me as I quickly pulled on a light sweater. We walked out of the house and hopped in my Land Rover and we both quickly made our way to the bridal shop.

“I hope I still like it as much as I did when I first tried it on.” I expressed my concern as I parked in front of the store.

“I’m sure you will, besides you did say it was the one.”

“I know, but I’m still nervous.”

When I opened the door the bell above it went off to let the shopkeeper know that they had a new customer. Immediately a middle-aged woman came shuffling through to meet us.
“Jessica Hunter!” she exclaimed when she recognized me.

“Hello.” I smiled at her. “I’m here for my dress.”

“Of course you are darling. Just came in this morning. Come, come. Follow me.” She told us as she started to walk towards the back of the store.

I made sure that Violetta was behind me before following after the older woman. When I met up with her again, she quickly pointed to a dressing room and followed me so that she could help me into my dress.

“I love this dress.” She commented as I stepped in. “It’s so unique and different, it fits your personality.”

“Thank you.” I told her.

“It looks like it’s a perfect fit. Go take a look outside.” She told me, after she had zipped me up. She ushered me out and I made my way to the full-view mirror.

I cautiously stepped up to the mirror and looked at my reflection. The dress looked amazing. I had forgotten the way it looked and how much I adored it. I turned to look over at Violetta who was seated and giving me a huge grin.

“Perfection.” Was all she said.

“When’s the wedding Jess?” the saleslady asked.

“It’s in one week.” I told her. “Do you have my shoes on hand?” I asked.

“That’s fabulous, you’ll look stunning for sure. Yes, we do have your shoes, let me go get them real quick.” She told me as she hurried off to grab the shoes I picked out. I studied myself in the mirror a bit more, admiring my dress.

The saleslady came back a short minute later with my shoes in hand. “Let’s see how they look with the dress on.” She told me as she helped me put them on as well.

“Absolutely gorgeous.” Violetta and the lady commented.

I was now standing at 5’6 and I felt on top of the world. Nothing could make this wedding go wrong.

>>>>
“I’m glad that she’s now mine.”Sidney said, finished his speech.

When he sat back down I gave him a quick peck on the cheek, which earned an ‘aw’ from everyone in the room.

Sid and I were officially married and even though I knew it wasn’t going to be easy, I knew that we could make this last.

I turned to my side to smile at Eric who had flown down for the wedding. He gave me a smile back before giving Sid a warning glance and then going back to his conversation with his girlfriend Adeline.

This was the beginning of a new chapter in my life and I was looking forward to it.

Fin.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my goodness, I can't believe I finally finished this story. It's going to feel so odd to not update this again, ever. But I'm so happy that I was able to finish this story and I had such an awesome time creating the plot and developing the characters and it was just a fun project to work on. I'm not sure if I'll do a sequel, but maybe if I get enough demands, I'll do a short one.

Please let me know what ya'll thought. Comments have been scarce on the last couple of chapters and I'm sure a lot of you have gotten sick with how long it was getting to be.

Yeah, I'm glad to see it finished but at the same time I'm also quite sad. However, I feel highly accomplished right now(:

Oh and one last thing. Thank you guys so much for all the comments and the support. I really and truly appreciate everything you guys had to say and it means so much to me that you guys have stuck around reading everything. I know that I have chapters up that aren't the best or that are kind of like 'wth was she thinking when she posted this part' but all I can say thank you and I feel as if that doesn't even begin to describe how I feel. So thank you so very much, it means the world to me.

-Kathleen xx