Status: Finished!

My Arranged Marriage to Sidney Crosby

Chapter Eight: It's Perfect!

Disclaimer: I only own the characters I made up, the rest (Penguins) all belong to Mario Lemieux.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter Eight

Sidney had made me get up after awhile of just sitting on the couch and resting. He told me we had to go out and get a few things done before we went to dinner. I slowly got up and dragged my way out the door behind Sidney. He opened the door for me and I climbed in. I didn’t ask any questions about where we were going when we got on the highway. I simply watched the cars that we were passing. Eventually Sidney turned into a parking lot filled with cars and parked. I realized we had stopped at a car dealership and I got out and followed Sidney not saying one word.

“Hello can I help you miss?” a young man asked me while I was looking at a white car. I didn’t know much about cars.

“Thanks, but I think I’ve got it.” Sidney said, coming up to me and then guiding me away. He brought me in front of a blue Rav 4 and I gave him a look.

“What’s that look for?” he asked me.

“Really? This is what you wanted to get done before we went to dinner?” I asked, crossing my arms and looking at Sidney.

“Well, I figured that since you didn’t have your own vehicle down here you would need one. And I already told you that I already looked, but I didn’t know what to get you. I was looking at Jeeps, Explorers- just about everything!” he said.

I laughed, “But you didn’t want to get me anything because you were afraid that I would yell at you.”

“Well, you aren’t exactly easy to shop for, even with cars,” he told me, “Now, this is our first stop- if you don’t see anything you like we’ll move on to another place.”

“Well there’s just one problem.” I told him.

“And what’s that?”

“I don’t have any money to pay for a brand new vehicle.”

Sidney laughed at me. And I don’t mean just a ‘you’re silly’ laugh. No- it was a full blown out laugh. I glared at him and that just made him laugh even more. I finally punched him in the arm and he stopped laughing, not completely though.

“Jess, I wasn’t going to make you pay. I was going to.” He said, still laughing a bit.

“No, I can’t let you do that! I’d feel bad.” I told him.

“Jess, I’ve got so much cash that I don’t know what to do with half of it.” He said. He then started to walk to another vehicle. I simply followed with him, but I was trying to talk him out of it. Sure he had loads of money, but he should save it for when he got older and what not.

“Sidney! I can’t let you do that.”

I heard him sigh and he turned to look at me, “Think of it as your welcoming gift from me.”

I knew he wasn’t going to let this go and so I agreed. We walked around the rest of the dealership, with that same young guy coming up to us another ten times. I told Sidney that I really didn’t like any of the cars and we walked out, going to the next one. I wanted to make this easier on him, but I didn’t want him to get me a car I didn’t like. We were on the third dealership when I saw it. What I wanted. No, it wasn’t a Lamborghini or anything like that, but a Land Rover. I had always loved them. My cousin had one and he loved it. He used to take me out all the time in it when we didn’t have anything to do.

“This is it! This is the one.” I told Sidney, grabbing his hand and dragging him over to where I was.

He looked at me and then at the Land Rover. He started to look at the price and the whole vehicle itself. He then turned to me.

“You’re sure?”

“Yes. It’s perfect! I love it.”

“Same color?”

“I don’t know, I might prefer a white one instead of black.” I told him.

“Alright, white it is. Come on- let’s go buy this for you.”

“Are you sure?” I asked, I felt bad for letting him pay for a brand new vehicle. I mean, I could always get a job and go out and buy a used one, they were sometimes just as good as the new ones. Well… sorta.

“Of course I’m sure. Now stop asking, I thought we had already settled the matter.” He told me, as he grabbed hold of my hand and dragged me to the guy behind a desk.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! I know this update was short, but I didn't want to continue it because then I wasn't sure when I was going to end it and that it was going to be REALLY long. And next chapter will be a lot more interesting then this one was. Trust me;)