Status: completed :)

I'd Hate to See You Cry

Best Buy Run In

"Alex, how long does it actually take to walk into Best Buy, get the cd, and get out in five minutes?" Matt complained to me.

I rolled my eyes.

"Matt, there’s a line fucking three miles long. What the hell am I suppose to do?" I exaggerated a little.

Okay, a lot actually. There only happened to be three people in front of me. At the very front of the line, a older lady was completely confused, and arguing with the cashier.

How typical. Then behind her was a girl around five foot six talking on her phone. Her wavy, red hair just slightly went passed her shoulders. She was wearing black skinny jeans, motorcycle boots, a black tank top, a black beret, and a black cardigan.
I studied the girl while Matt kept talking.

"I’ll be there as soon as I can." I hung up before he had time to argue. I wasn’t in the mood. I was here to pick up a new cd, and that was it. I noticed that she red head was arguing on the phone to one of her friends. When I recognized who she was, my heart stopped.

God, I didn’t want it to be her.

But it was. Katelyn stood less than twenty feet away, and I couldn’t bring myself to call out to her.

"So? Just because Alex and I aren’t on speaking terms doesn’t mean that I can’t buy his cd?"

My cd? She was buying the new record.

"Okay, then that doesn’t mean that I can’t buy Jack, Rian, and Zack’s record." She corrected herself in a smart ass tone.

I just had to chuckle.

"Ma’am?" The cashier asked after the old lady was moved out of the way.

"Give me a second will you?!" she snapped. She put the cd on the counter. It was our new one, So Wrong It’s Right. She paid for the cd. She was about to turn around, I saw him. He was the reason why we weren’t on speaking terms. His name was Adam.

"You got what you needed?"

"Yeah." She replied. "I have to call you back. Bye." She hung up her phone.

"Now that you’ve finished that." Adam laughed.

Katelyn watched him carefully, as did I.

"I’m going to go look at the iPhone 4."

"You couldn’t do that while I was waiting in line?" She asked him.

"Sorry?" Adam shrugged, and walked off from her. Katelyn started walking after him.

"Can I help you?" The cashier asked me. I turned around to look at a girl around my age. She rung up the cd, and I paid for it. Her eyes got wide the second she saw me.

"Hey! Aren’t you ALEX GASKARTH?!" She squealed. I nodded, and smiled. I turned my head back in Katelyn’s direction. She had turned her head at the sound of my name. Our eyes made contact for the first time in years. She wasn’t watching where she was going, and she ran right into a cd rack.

Katelyn fell backwards on her back, and the CDs scattered among her. I swept up my bag, and I lightly jogged to where she was laying. I was laughing the entire way there.
♠ ♠ ♠
Katelyn's outfit

http://www.polyvore.com/katies_first_outfit/set?id=22923036