Status: completed :)

I'd Hate to See You Cry

Show Me Your Scars

Seeing Lisa had sent me into a world of shock. I basically forced myself away after Alex kissed me right in front of her. I mean, Lisa did like me. She tried to be my best friend back in high school, because I was such a big part of Alex's life. I still am a big part, just slightly bigger since yesterday.

As soon as Jack met Jenna, it was like love at first sight. For Jack at least. He just got that look in his eyes that said it all. They clicked right away, and started chattering like two 13-year old girls.

“Are you worried?” Cayla asked me. She was sitting with me since Alex was getting ready, and Zack was working out.

I thought about her question.

“Honestly? Not at the moment. I trust Alex, and Lisa is probably just shocked. She's never had a problem with me before.” I replied. I didn't have a problem with them talking. I just had a problem with her throwing herself at Alex, my boyfriend.

“I admire that about you.” Cayla laughed. I shook my head as Alex entered the dressing room again. He sat down beside me, and drapped his arm over my shoulders. I turned my head to look at him. I ended up smiling uncontrollably. Alex chuckled, and lightly kissed my lips.

“Ew!” Jack and Jenna both shouted at the same time.

“Katie, get you lips off of my man's lips.” Jack joked. Lips already unattatched, Alex flicked off Jack. Jenna just shook her head.

“Rian!” Jack complained.

Rian shook his head, and walked the other way.

“Fuck you too!” He called after Rian. “Come on, Jen. Let's go bug the hell out of Matt!” He stated as he pulled Jenna the opposite direction. Cayla stood up from the couch on the other side of me. She gave me a playful wink, and then left the room. That was her way of telling me to have a fun time with Alex alone.

“What time do you have to go on stage?” I asked him.

“In like thirty minutes. We've been through everything already.” Alex explained to me.

“Hmmm.” I hummed as I thought about my next move. Alex laughed, and pressed his lips to mine. It wasn't before long that his tongue traced my bottom lip, begging for entrance, so I granted with happiness. He moved me so that my legs were laying across his lap during our kiss.

A door opened and closed with neither of us really caring who it was or why.

“Gees guys,” She stated. “No wonder Jack says you fuck like bunnies. You're all over each other.”

I quick recognized the voice as Kara's. I started to pull away from Alex, but he removed his hands from my waist to the back of my neck. I laughed as I had to remove his hands from me, and I pulled our lips apart. He pouted, but I only giggled. He rolled his eyes, and held me knees close to him. I finally looked over at Kara, but I was shocked to see Lisa with her.

Apparently so was Alex.

“What are you doing here?” He asked. You could hear the bitterness in his voice.

I hit his chest with the back of my hand, and it wasn't a playful hit either.

“Alex, don't be a asshole.”

I know. Me sticking up for Lisa is weird, but she didn't deserve his attitude.

“Whatever.” He mumbled. I rolled my eyes, and picked up my legs. I stood up off of the couch, but Alex pulled me back down on his lap. I was going to get back up, but Rian, Zack, and Cayla walked back into the room.

“Kara.” Rian smiled wide, and went to hug her. She almost didn't hug back.

“Rian, grab your drumsticks, and Alex get up. We're on in less than five minutes.”

With that, we scattered.

♥♥♥♥

“Are you dressed?” Alex asked me.

“Yeah, come on in.” I called back to him as I pulled my hair into a low left side pony tail.

He smiled at me, already dressed in gym shorts and a white t-shirt. I myself was wearing black shorts and a black t-shirt.

“Have fun tonight?” Alex asked me yet again.

“Yes, Alex.” I laughed. “For the millionth time tonight, I loved watching you guys play live.”

“Thank you.” He kissed my head before wrapping my in hug, and just held me there. I laid my head on his chest, right next to my purity ring. “What was your favorite song?”

I had to giggle.

“It would have to be Stay Awake.”

“And why would that be?”

“Because the best boyfriend ever dedicated that song to me.” I pulled out of his grasp. I laid down in my bed, and patted the spot beside me. Alex laid down on my right. He took my hand slowly, and brought it up to his lips. He kissed my head, leaving his lips lingering on my hand.

“Now can we talk?” He whispered against my hand.

I nodded slowly. I didn't know exactly how to explain my scars from cutting. I was still at a loss for words.

“How do I start?” I pondered.

“How about how did it start?”

“Um...my mom.”

“What about her?” He was tracing light circles into my palm.

“You didn't hear, did you?”

“Hear what?”

“My mom died my Junior year, Alex.” It hurt to say the words out loud.

“From what?”

“Breast cancer.”

Alex pulled me in closer to his chest.

“I'm so sorry.”

“It hurt so bad, Alex. I couldn't stop the pain. I just wanted it to stop.” I started to cry.

Damn me. I'm such a baby.

“Sh.” He soothed me. My head cradled into his shoulder, and my tears started to fall.

“It stopped the pain. It was the only thing that helped me.”

“Didn't Cayla?”

“She didn't know.” I whispered.

“What about Adam?” His voice strained.

“He knew that I did it once.” I admitted. “But I told him that I quit, and the dumb ass believed me with no questions asked.”

“I would have never let you get away with any of that shit.” Alex wrapped his arms tighter around me. He made me feel completely safe there. I felt like nothing could go wrong.

“Alex, I love you.”

“I love you.” He kissed my head, and my eyes drooped closed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I need comments or I won't post...
JK, I probably will, but still ;)

- Rae <3