Status: completed :)

I'd Hate to See You Cry

Last Night

I spent my last night in Baltimore in Alex's bed. It was all so bittersweet, and strange. I was finally starting a new chapter in my life, but Alex would not be in it. I knew exactly how it would go. Alex would not be in it. I knew exactly how it would go. Alex would not be my Alex without me there. He would revert back to being a cocky asshole he usually is. I knew that it was going to happen. Alex knew that it would happen to. It was only a matter of time.

That's why before he left yesterday, we broke up. It was hard, but down down, I felt a deeper and inner peace. It was all for the best. I would be working all of the time in London, and he is traveling the world with Zack, Rian, and Jack. And if someday I come back here, maybe we could try to be together once more. Honestly, only time would tell what was going to happen.

There was a short knock on the bedroom door.

“Katie?” Cayla asked from the other side of the door.

I sat up in the bed, and she walked in.

“Sup?” I asked out of habit.

“Just thought that I would come by to talk before you fell asleep.”

I nodded as she sat at the feet of the bed.

“So?” I asked after a few minutes of silence.

“Why did you do it?”

“Do what?”

I was confused.

“Why did you break up with Alex?”

“Cayla, I'm moving to London. I can't be with him. It would cause to much pain.” I replied. I knew that I was lying.

“But it isn't suppose to end this way. I want you guys to be together forever.”

I almost smiled.

“Cayla, I don't think that it's possible.” I said honestly. I felt tears forming in my eyes. “Alex is a rock-star, and I'm an actress. Those don't mix.”

“But why can't you guys have a perfect love story?!” She whined. “At least try! Zack and I are!”

“But you and Zack are practically perfect for each other. You're moving to California with him. That's huge, Cay, and I know that you two are going to make it.”

“Matching tattoos and all?” Cayla asked me.

I laughed. They got matching tattoos, and I told her that it was a bad omen.

I nodded.

“Matching tattoos and all.”

This was the last conversation that I would have with my best friend in a long time. Cayla got up after saying goodnight, leaving me alone in Alex's bed for the last in what I was sure to be for at least two years. Being alone in his bed made me miss Alex more.

This was going to be a long, hard year without Alex Gaskarth.

Oddly enough I was going to be happy.

As happy as I could be without the man I loved by my side.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awe dang... She really is leaving! =/