Status: completed :)

I'd Hate to See You Cry

Moving On... Or Not.

“Calm the fuck down!” I instructed myself. “You are clearly seeing things.”

“Katelyn, are you okay?” Mason asked me. He was the lead male role. He played Jon.

I nodded slowly.

“Yeah, Mason”

Hell no! I was clearly going insane! Wasn't he paying attention at all?!

“Are you sure?” He asked

I took a deep breath.

“Just second act jitters.” I lied. “Now get out. I have to get ready for Act Two.” Mason got out o my room. After I changed into my cute sundress, it was almost time to get back onstage. Regardless if Alex was in the crowd or not. After a few more songs, I got to run back to my dressing room, and change into another risque outfit. I went out for my finale number, the big ending. After our show was completely over, the cast went out to the lobby to sign autographs. I've basically met everyone that has ever came out to meet me. I even remember some by name

“I loved you as Ann Marie.” A girl around 17-years old told me.

“Awe.” I smiled. “Thank you, Tess.” I knew her by name now. I've met her a few times. Her mom took a picture of us together.

“I can't wait until your dance class starting in a few months.” She smiled.

“Are you coming?” I asked her.

“Of course.” The British teenager smiled widely. There were only five girls left, and three or so guys left.

“I'm glad that you are.” I replied. Tess waved, moving out of the way so that her friend could get a picture.

“Katie!” Someone yelled.

I knew who it was. No one else had ever called me that before. My head shot up, our eyes connecting instantly. I literally dropped my pen and paper, completely forgetting about everyone else. I ran over, more like sprinted over to Alex. He opened his arms which I easily jumped into. I had my arms tightly around his neck. When I saw that I jumped into his arms, I mean that I wrapped my legs around his waist. He didn't seem to mind at all. His arms held me just as tight as I held him.

“Whoa.” Mason stated. I was suddenly embarrassed that I just jumped Alex, but I never let him go. “Katelyn, stop attacking the poor guy.” His British accent came. I unlatched my legs, standing up but never letting go of Alex.

“Kay, you are going to strangle my husband.”

I opened my eyes to see Jack Barakat standing there. I let go of Alex, and I hugged Jack's torso. I pulled away, and finally looking at Alex. His eyes were just as brown as always but his hair was a darker brown now. I looked back at Jack, noticing that his hair was now all black. I had to turn my attention back to my ex.

“Alex.” I smiled happily. I noticed that he was still wearing my purity ring.

“You were amazing.” He stated. “I didn't know that you could dance like that either.”

I laughed.

“Me either.” I agreed. “What did you think?”

“I thought 'Where in the hell were those outfits when we were together?!'.” He smirked.

My cheeks burned, now fully aware that I was still in costume. But they also burned because of him. Yeah, he still had that effect on me. When I saw his goofy smile spread across his face, and I smiled in return. Then I felt Mason's arm around me at the exact same time Lisa appeared beside of Alex.

“We both have moved on, haven't we?” Alex asked me.

Suddenly I wasn't so happy anymore.

I bit down on my lip, and I nodded.

“I guess we have.” I looked over at the now brunette. “Hi...Lisa.” I hesitated, and Alex saw it. He knew that I did, it was so clear to him.

“Katelyn.” She smiled, and pulled me into a small hug. I hugged back. “And how might this be?”

“I'm Mason.” he introduced himself.

“Alex.” Alex replied. His eyes flickered to my neck. Hanging loosely around it was the A necklace he gave me a little over a year ago.

“I hate to be rude...” Mason trailed off. “But who are you, and why are you here?”

“I'm...no one.” Alex lied. “We're staying downtown at the hotel if you want to talk or hang out with us before we leave.” He started backing up, obviously hurt by Mason's words. Possibly even more so by me never mentioning him. I saw a group behind Alex move out of the way. Among them I recognized Jenna and Cayla.

“Alex, I'm s-”

“Save it.” He interrupted me. “I'm clearly not important enough for you to even mention.” He turned around, and started to walk out.

“IT HURT!” I yelled at him.

Great. People were staring more than they already were.

“It hurt so much, Alex.” I replied in my normal voice.

He didn't leave, but he did stop. Alex hesitated.

At least he didn't go, right?
♠ ♠ ♠
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=23403662

Katie's Sundress!

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=23403512

Finale outfit.