Status: completed :)

I'd Hate to See You Cry

Let's Play Catch Up

I laid there on the ground in shock, and confusion. Did I really just see Alex buying a cd at Best Buy? My question was answered when his familiar face appeared in front of my eyes. He was laughing like crazy.

"Damn, Katelyn!" He chuckled. "That was the funniest thing ever."

"Glad I could amuse you," I grumbled as I sat up, causing a few cds to fall off of me. I placed a hand on the back of my head. It kind of hurt. Then I looked at Alex and gave him a confused look. Alex randomly stopped talking to me after he graduation and signed with Hopeless.

Alex reached down his hand. I debated it a minute before I slowly took his hand. He pulled me up beside him. Alex was smiling at me, but I found it hard to even look at him. I quickly adverted my attention to the scattered cds. I went to work, and began to pick them up. I half expected him to walk off, but he started to pick up the cds too. I sat them back on the rack, and I started to walk quickly away without another word.

"Katelyn!" Alex jogged after me. I groaned internally, but I turned around to face him.

"Yes, Alex?"

"You, um...forgot your cd." He laughed nervously as he handed me the bag with his cd in it.

"Thanks." I half smiled at him. "I gotta go," I turned around again, and I headed toward the phones.

"Hey, wait!" Alex walke back up beside me. "I haven't seen you in like three years, and you're like walking away?"

I studied him for a minute. His hair had blonde in it, and it was hidden under a beanie. looked good in what he was wearing. There was no denying that. "You look so different." I stated without thinking.

Alex laughed and nodded.

"I'm not the only one. You had blonde hair the last time I saw you." He pointed out. "And what is with all of the black?"

I hated that question. Talk about me behind my back all you want to, but don't ask me why I wear what I do.

"What is up with people, and that question?!" I snapped. "Maybe I just like the color, okay?"

Alex threw up his hands.

"Sorry, just a question."

"It's fine." I mumbled. "Just want to get out of this damn store. I've been in here too long, and it tried to attack me."

He chuckled again.

"Correction, you tried to attack it."

I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever."

Alex was still laughing.

"We could wait outside?"

I nodded.

"Sure." Alex and I walked toward the door, and walked outside.

"So, how have you been, Katie?"

Katie? I stopped dead in my tracks. I hadn't heard that nickname since I was sixteen.

"Eh." I shrugged. "I've been okay,"

"You going to college?" He asked me. Alex acted like such a big brother. As much as it annoyed me, it made since. I knew him since we were little, and he was like my brother. The last time I saw him, I was 16, and he was 18.

I slowly nodded.

"Yeah." I replied. "And I obviously don't have to ask how your music is going." He gave me a puzzled look at first. "I saw you music video on MTV."

Alex flashed me his amazing smile. My heart stopped a beat.

"Speaking of that." Alex smirked. "Buying my cd?"

"Your bands cd." I corrected him.

"You know what I mean."

I laughed. I really didn't want to ask him, but I forced myself to.

"So...how are things with Lisa?"

"Broke up a while ago."

"I'm sorry." I lied.

"No you're not." Alex laughed. I never have been able to lie around him without him not knowing it was a lie. He always knew I was lying.

A smile tugged at my lips.

"You're right, I'm not." I replied. Why even try to lie? "I never liked her. I told you that it would end."

He just nodded, not attempting to smile. I wonder why he was starting to act like this again.

"Speaking of not liking people..." He trailed off. "How are you and Adam?"

I knew that it was hard for him, because for some reason, Alex didn't like Adam.

"He's uh..." I didn't know how to answer that one. "The same?"

"That's...."

"Katelyn!"

We both turned around to see Adam walking over toward us.

"I'll see you later." Alex mumbled before he just walked away.

I don't know why, but it stung. Alex's 'whatever' attitude reminded me of the side of him that I didn't like. It was the side of him that showed when Adam was around.

This was the asshole side of Alex that showed. He could really freeze some people out.

"Ready to go meet Cayla?"

I nodded.

"Let's go." I replied. We headed toward his car.

I left my most recent encounter with Alex behind me in front of the store. I didn't think that it would be easy to see him again,
I just never knew that it would be this hard.
♠ ♠ ♠
http://www.polyvore.com/alexs_first_look/set?id=22923480

Alex's outfit!