Status: completed :)

I'd Hate to See You Cry

The Dinner

Why did I have to act like that? I just walked away without saying goodbye. Usually, I would've given her a hug, but I didn't. What was it about Adam that made me not like him? I mean, I guess he's nice to her. He always was really nice, but guys were always nice to her. In high school, all they ever did was try to hook up with her. It really pissed me off so fucking much too, because the girl is like my little sister. We were that close. That's why it bothered me so much about just walking away.

“What took so long?” Matt asked as I slid into the drivers seat of my Audi.

“I went to get the fucking CD.” I replied as I tossed it in his lap.

“Who was the redhead?” Jack asked me curiously.

“No one important.” I mumbled. “I was just being nice, because she ran right into a CD rack.”

“That must have been funny.” Rian chirped from the backseat, beside Matt. It was all four of us plus Matt in my car. Rian, Matt, and Jack were in my backseat, and Zack was up front beside of me.

“It was,” I admitted. “But I was standing right there, so I helped her.” I lied.

“Alex being nice? Since when?” Zack joked.

“Dude, fuck off.” I laughed. “Don't you have somewhere to be?”

“Yeah, I have a date, so step on it pretty boy,” Zack replied. But I pulled out of the parking lot, and headed toward the dinner that he was meeting his date.

“So, who is the girl taking you away from me?” I joked.

“What?!” Jack fake gasped. “I thought that I was yours!”

“Sorry, Jack.” Zack chuckled.

“This sexy bitch is all mine.” I added.

“It's like what we had was nothing to you!” Jack replied, and then he started to cry over-dramatically into Rian's shoulder. Rian patted Jack's back. “Fine. You take Zack, Rian's mine now.”

Matt laughed, and rolled his eyes.

“In all seriousness...who are you taking out on a date?” Matt asked Zack.

“Cayla.”

“Cayla who?” Rian asked.

“Cayla Hart.”

“Cayla from high school?” Jack asked

“Katelyn McCormick's Cayla?” I forced myself to ask. I don't know why this is so hard.

“As in your high school sweetheart, Cayla Hart?” Matt joined us.

“Yes, that Cayla.” Zack chuckled.

“No wonder you're a nervous wreck.”

“I'm not nervous, Jack.” Zack defended himself.

“Didn't you take her to Junior prom?” Rian asked. Even if Zack didn't go to our school, he went to our prom. We played at prom so he was allowed to come.

“Yeah, because Alex took Katelyn. They doubled, remember?” Jack relied.

“Can we please just stop talking now?” I asked harshly. Everyone went silent. “Matt, hand me the CD.” I instructed. He unwrapped the CD, and then handed it to me. I put the CD in my car's CD player. I drowned in my thoughts.

My Junior year prom was probably one of the best nights of my entire high school experience. I had asked Katelyn to be my date. She thought that it was weird I asked her, but she never turned me down. Her exact words were 'How could I turn down my best friend?' Yeah, best friend. I was so excited to even go with her, regardless if it was an actual date, or just friends.

Zack had decided to ask Katelyn's best friend, Cayla as his date. So, we rented a limo, and all met up at my house. I remember when I saw her for the very first time that night. It was me and Zack just standing there, and waiting for the girls to show up. My mom was talking to Katelyn's mom. We were told that they were finishing up their make-up.

Girls, go figure.

I didn't know what to expect before she walked out of my house, and into the back yard. We weren't paying attention when they came outside. Zack and I were talking about a new song when my mom's voice caught my attention.

“Katelyn, you look gorgeous!” Her voice rang. My head shot instantly toward her voice. There she stood beside Cayla, and my mom. She was wearing a red dress that made her look like 21 rather than 15. “And Cayla, look at you! You're so beautiful in that dress.”
That night was the best night. I even got to hold her hand, and dance with her. It was perfect, but in the end, nothing between us changed.

“Do you want to come in, and say hello?” Zack asked us.

“Yeah!” Jack sounded excited.

“Sure,” Rian just shrugged.

“Just to say hey,” Matt agreed.

I groaned, and turned off my car.

“Let's just make this quick.” I stated as we all got out of my car, and walked into the dinner. I wanted to turn around and run out, but Rian was blocking me. We walked closer to the table.

Katelyn sat there laughing with Cayla. Then she made eye contact with me yet again, and she stopped. Cayla turned her head. The brunette smiled. I must say, she looked good too.
♠ ♠ ♠
Katie prom

http://www.polyvore.com/katies_prom_dress/set?id=22951315

Cayla prom

http://www.polyvore.com/caylas_prom_dress/set?id=22951951

Cayla's dinner outfit.

http://www.polyvore.com/caylas_first_outfit/set?id=22925181