Status: ACTIVE! :)

Another Piece of My Heart

Weightless On The Radio

I took in a big gulp of coffee as I listened to the radio with my roommate, Noah. She was calmly drinking her coffee as well. The mornings around here are always like this, and they have been since we moved into this apartment in California. It was a big apartment. We both shared the rent, and it wasn't too hard to come by.

“How was work last night, Aerie?” Noah asked me. She was my best friend. My old friends..... I really don't wanna talk about them. It's hard to explain what had happened there. We're originally from Baltimore, Maryland. So, you imagine some of the things that Noah and I get into an argument about. She's pretty, tall, and tan with the prettiest blonde hair. I'm a little shorter, almost tan, and I would call myself average. I have black hair that's goes just a little past my shoulders. It was recently dyed back all black. Before I had the entire underneath bleached blonde, and a blonde streak threw my bangs. When I was in high school I had brown hair with a lot of blonde streaks.

I was a bit of a “scene” kid in high school.

So sue me.

“It was loud.” I groaned. I work as a hostess, and a waitress at a bar and grill sort of thing. Bands come to play live all of the time, and we happened to have one coming in tonight. I would quit, but the pay is really good, and I get to DJ a few times. That part, I love.

Noah laughed. She thought it was amusing, or something. I growled at her, and then we both just ended up laughing.

I've know this kid since I was sixteen. Our parents were the best of friends, but we went to completely different high schools. It was hard to survive without her, but I made new friends.....

Again, I don't wanna think about it.

Now that I'm almost 22, I don't wanna look back on the past. California had been the best thing that has ever happened to me.

Yeah right.....

“Next we have a song called Weightless.” The DJ stated. The music started to fill the house. I was typing my foot, and Noah was nodding her head. It was catchy, and the lead singer's voice was amazing.

I'm stuck in this fucking rut, waiting on a second-hand pick me up. I'm over getting older.

I liked the lyrics. They were something people could relate too. I sat my coffee to the side, and I got up in the middle of the living room. Noah laughed, but she joined me in my dance around the room. This is totally what we needed to make up feel a little more excited this morning. Two best friends dancing around their apartment, nothing could be better.

When the song ended, we both sat down, and started giggling. I've heard that song I don't know how many times in the last year, and I've still haven't heard a thing about the creators of the song.

“And that was Weightless by All Time Low.”

“Now I remember the bands name.” Noah laughed. “I always forgot it.”

I nodded in agreement. That band name did seem oddly familiar.

“Me too.”

“Happy Winter! That's right, LA! Today is the official first day of winter! It's December 21st!” The DJ stated with excitement. “I have a special surprise for you! Here, in studio for the first time we have two members from All Time Low!”

Noah and I exchanged glances.

“We have the terrible two-some, Alex Gaskarth and Jack Barakat."

You've got to be fucking kidding me.

I had never, ever wanted to hear that name again.

Jack Bassam Barakat was fucking dead to me. I had never wanted to lay eyes on him again. Ever. For the rest of my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
New Jack Barakat story... again moved from quizilla ;)