Status: ACTIVE! :)

Another Piece of My Heart

Mysterious Pain

“Welcome to our home.” Noah laughed. “Do you guys wanna watch some a movie or something?”

“Sure!” Jack and Zack chirped.

“Put in Home Alone.” I smiled up at Jack as I said it. It was his favorite movie, or one of them a least. The kid was like obsessed with it. Noah nodded, and stood up.

“Wait! What time is it?” Zack asked Jack.

“11:30.” Jack replied.

“Do you guys just want to spend the night?” Noah asked. “We've got extra room.”

“What about clothes?” Jack asked.

“You guys can wear these?” Noah questioned. “These are yours anyway, Zack.”

“That's true.” He chuckled.

“Then we will be right back.” I smiled. I moved from beside Jack as Noah and I went back to my room to change. I put on some black soffee shorts, and a black tee-shirt. I threw my hair up in my pony tail. Then I had a pain on the inside of my thigh.

“OW!” I shouted as I grabbed my leg.

“What's wrong?!” Noah came out of my bathroom that connected to my room. She was wearing red soffee shorts, and a black tee-shirt.

“I'm in pain!!” I almost shouted as I hugged my legs.

“What the fuck?!”

“I don't know!” I yelled at her. “Just take them their clothes. I'll be fine.” I muttered. She nodded and then she scooped up all of their clothes. Then walked out of my room. My legs had been sore all day, but now it was started to really hurt. I don't know why, but it did. I waited another minute before the pain finally went away. I slowly stood up, and I looked at my legs. They didn't have any bruises, or anything. So, I didn't know what was wrong.

I took a deep breath, and then I walked out of my bathroom, and all three of them were sitting back down on the couches.

“You okay?” Jack's face filled with concern.

“I'm fine, baby.” I smiled as I kissed him. I sat down beside of him. Jack wrapped those lanky arms around my body, and I buried my head in his chest. Noah picked up the remote, and she pressed play on the DVD player. That was last thing I saw before my eye lids closed.

♥♥

“Aerie-poo.” Jack's soft voice came in my ear. My eyes slowly opened, and I smiled at him.

“Hey, baby.”

“You finally awake?” He chuckled.

I nodded, and then I kissed him.

“I missed you.”

“I was right here?”

“No.” I laughed lightly, and I shook my head again. “I mean, I missed you, as in like, over the last like five years.”

Jack smiled.

“I missed you too.” He kissed my temple. “Wanna go lay down?”

I nodded as I yawned. I stood up from my stop where I was cuddling next to Jack. I looked over at the couch where Zack was suppose to sleep.

“Where did Zack go?” I questioned.

“I dunno.” Jack shrugged as he headed down the hall. I looked over the empty apartment living room before slumping along behind Jack. When I reached him, he was just standing in the middle of the hallway.

“Why are you just standing there?”

“I don't know where your room is.”

Ooh. That made sense. Jack has never been here before tonight.

“Right here.” I stepped swiftly in front of him, and I opened the door to my room. The sent of Lavender hit as as we made our way on the inside.

“At least it smells good.” Jack joked.

I playfully hit him.

“Kidding! Gees!”

“Good to know.” I laughed. I walked over to my bed, and took a seat. I crossed my legs as he looked around the classic white room.

“It's kind of dark.” He mused.

“Huh?”

“The mood.” Jack nodded. I finally understood what he meant. I looked around at my room. My bed had a dark crimson colored comforter on it, and black seats. I looked over at my vanity that was made out of black wood, and held all of my jewelery in a messy order.

“I guess you could say that...” I trailed off. Jack walked over to my black wood nightstand, and picked up two candles; one black and one red.

“You aren't like a witch are you?” His eyes widened.

I laughed, and shook my head.

“No, of course not!” I replied. “Those are just for sent and they match my sheets and dressers.”

“I can see that.” Jack put down the candles, and sat down on the bed in front of me. “Why so dark colors?”

“I guess because I like them?” I replied. I couldn't think of anything witty enough to say at two in the morning.

Jack basically ignored my comment, and continued to snoop all around my room. He reached the door to my closet, and pulled it open.

“I see that you still leave your closet a mess.”

“Yupp.” I uncrossed my legs, and I laid down on my stomach facing him. “What are you doing?” I asked him as he looked threw my clothes.

“Seeing what you dress like now.” He played if off like it was no big deal as he continued to search.

“Come on, Jack. Tell me what you're really doing.”

“Just looking.” He told me again as he looked at my shoes, and then up back of the closet.

I groaned. I suddenly knew what he was looking for. I got up off of my bed, and stepped beside him. I reached for my box with ease, and I brought it down.

“Now that's done.” I replied as I walked back over to my bed, and Jack closed my closet door. “Now, why didn't you just tell me that you were looking for my box?”

A blush crept up on him. He looked like a five year old that was caught red handed.

Well, Jack was caught... but he wasn't five.

He just acted five most of he time.

“How did you even know?” I asked.

Right, dumb question.

“Noah.” We both replied at the same time. I laid down with my back on the pillows, and I patted the spot next to me. He laid down rather close, and I sat the box of memories down on his lap.

“There is no chance in Hell that these are all the memories that you have of us.”

“They aren't.” I openly admitted.

“Where is-”

“My mom's house, in my old room. I put them away before I left Maryland.”

“Why?”

“I couldn't stay Jack.”

“Even after I left you that note?”

“Yeah, Jack. Even after the note.” I sighed.

“I thought that you loved me.” He mumbled. I felt bad instantly.

“I do.”

“Then why did you leave?” Jack asked me. I could hear the desperate tone in his voice, and I looked up. I finally made eye contact, and I could see that sadness eluded his eyes.

“What do you mean?” I whispered. Jack stuck his hand in the box, and picked up a wrinkle piece of yellow paper.

“Did you ever read this?”

“No...” I bit my lip, and I felt guilty. “I hadn't look at that thing in years.”

“Can I read it to you?” He questioned.

I was caught off guard.

“Yeah... sure.” I sighed as I gave in.

Jack carefully unwrapped the yellow piece of paper.