Status: ACTIVE! :)

Another Piece of My Heart

High School Yearbook

“I- I hooked up with-.”

“Hey!” Jack shouted as he entered the kitchen. He wrapped his arms around my waist, and planted a kiss on my forehead.

“Don't worry. We'll figure out the bills later.”

Damn, that girl was good.

“Alright.” I nodded. She walked out of the room.

Jack lifted me up, and placed me on the counter. He placed his forehead against mine.

“I love you, I love you, I love you.” he repeated.

“I love you too, Kitty.” I replied with a light giggle. Jack tilted his head, and kissed me lightly on the lips. I wrapped my legs around his waist, and held him there. Jack's hands slipped up my shirt, and he rubbed small circles. I let a small moan escape my lips. I knew that it was time to stop.

“Right.” He replied as I pulled away. “Better to not get carried away.”

“Thank you, baby.” I smiled, and kissed his cheek. I unwrapped my legs from around his waist, and jumped down from the counter. We walked back into the living room hand in hand. Zack was already changed back into his skinny jeans and tee-shirt. He was sitting on the couch, and putting on his shoes.

“Jack, Alex called.”

“Do we really have to go?” He whined.

“Yeah, we have to get this record done.” Zack stood up.

“Fine. I'll be right back.” Jack kissed my temple, and then he left my side.

“Damn, that's weird.” Zack laughed.

“What is?”

“You and Jack. Jack and You, it's just...”

“You never thought it possible?”

“Yeah...”

“Me either.”

“Zack! I found it!” Noah came back into the living room.

“No way! That's awesome!”

“Found what?”

“How old is this thing?”

“Grade nine, I believe.”

“Is that a yearbook?”

“I can't believe it!” Zack stated.

I was freaking lost.

“Will someone please tell me what the hell you two are graveling about?!”

“Ooh, I forgot to tell you!” Noah laughed. “Zack and I went to the same high school!”

“No way!” I was shocked. “I never realized that!”

“I did.”

“When?”

“When I first saw him yesterday.”

“And you said nothing why?” I was confused.

“I honestly didn't know that he was your friend. All I knew was that he played bass in a band.”

Zack lightly nudged her.

“Come on, I took you to the movies once apon a time.”

“But that was such a long time ago,” Noah giggled.

“You two dated?!” I gasped.

“Only one date.” Zack explained.

“Why didn't it work?”

“Daddy scared him off.” Noah sighed heavily. “But ooh well. I don't get why he did.”

“He was a bigger man, our first date was in ninth grade, and I was smaller than I am now.”

“Zack, you were a mess freshman year.”

“What's that suppose to mean?” He chuckled.

“Your hair was long, black, curly, and had red in it. You dressed so rugged.”

“What was I thinking?”

“It was during your early teen rebellion days.”

“Ooh! So that's why I dumped you.” Noah lightly giggled as she joked with him.

“Please, I made you dump me.”

“But you were scared of my daddy, remember.”

Zack rolled his eyes.

“When are you going to let that one go?”

“When you take me out to make it up to me.” Noah winked and walked into her bed room.

I giggled, and looked over at my 'brother'.

“Zack, shut your mouth. You'll catch flies.” I joked. Jack's arm suddenly slipped around my shoulders.

“What did I miss?” He asked.

“Nothing much.” I giggled.

“Well, Alex texted me. We have to leave like now.”

“Now? As in right this minute?” Zack asked me.

“Yeah, man.” Jack ran a hand threw his hair.

I looked at him. I just looked over his face.

Okay, that sounded stalker-ish, but you know what I mean.

Jack had changed so much over the years. He's hair was darker black, and he had a scruffy beard and mustache. I was actually very fond of his facial hair. I noticed that he had both of his ears pierced now. His hair was sticking up in all different directions, but he looked just as sexy as ever.

“Arie?!”

“Hmm?” I turned toward Zack.

“Can you please stop starring at Jack Attack? It's a little weird.”

I shook my head.

“Oh! Sorry! I didn't even realize... I just sort of zoned.” I tried to dodge the fact that he caught me gawking at Jack.

“Let's go.” Jack sighed heavily.

Noah came out of her room with her purse, and the house key. We turned off all of our lights, and then got into Jack's car. He drove us back to Cheerless. Noah got out of the car, and hugged Zack around the neck quickly, and he kissed her cheek. It was all too cute for words.

“Text me.” He called as she slid into the car. Noah waved to him, and then he got back into Jack's car. I, however, wasn't making it a short, sweet goodbye.