Status: ACTIVE! :)

Another Piece of My Heart

We're Better Lovers Than Friends

"Max! Get the damn door!" I yelled from my bedroom. I had been wrapped up in comforter for the past three weeks. I barely even talked to anyone. I was on leave from my job because of ‘personal family matters’. Noah moved in with Zack, and I have been ignoring her calls. I had been ignoring everyone’s calls. The only person I talked to was Max. He had taken over the position of Noah being closest to me. I’m totally not saying that Noah isn’t my best friend, but she’s with Zack. Zack is friends with two guys that freaking hate my guts.

"Fine!" Max yelled. He was crashing at my house while I recovered. I heard the door open, muffled voices. "Aria, I’m leaving for Canada! I’ll see you next week!"

Max walked about of the house. I groaned, and I covered my head with my blankets. There was a soft knock at my door.

"Go the hell away. I don’t care who you are." I stated sternly.

My room door pushed open anyway, and in walked Alex.

"What the fuck?!" He stated.

I sat up, and I stared at him.

"Why are you here?"

"We need to talk this out."

"Why?"

"Because Jack won’t fucking talk to me, and you’re a mess, and I got screwed up two great relationships with two girls I really care about."

"Alex..." I was pissed. "Get the fuck out of my house."

"No." He shut my door, and sat down on my bed. "Not until you get up. You haven’t been out in forever."

"How do you know that I didn’t go out?"

"Because your room reeks of vodka and tequila."

My eyes swept to my night stand where empty bottles sat.

"You forgot Jagger."

Alex rolled his eyes.

"How fucked up are you right now?"

"I haven’t been sober for a week." I nodded. I wasn’t exactly thinking the clearest.

"Good.." He mumbled.

"Why?"

"Cause I can do this." Alex leaned in and kissed me.

What the hell?!

I’m drunk off of the yin yang, and he’s putting moves on me! I wanted to pull away, but I was too intoxicated to actually think about what was going down. My hands were already pulling off his shirt, and now working on his skinny jeans.

I didn’t even realize that I was already in my undergarments.

 ♥♥♥

A few days later, the same thing was repeated. The scene was the same. I woke up naked beside Alex, who was snoring, and with a huge hangover. I got up, got some medicine, and started the whole drinking cycle over. But not this morning. I was too tired to even move. I rolled back over, and I closed my eyes. I felt Alex’s arm wrap around my waist, and pull me close to him under the sheets. His head nuzzled into my neck, sending chills up and down my spine.

"My back hurts." He whispered in a deep, and groggy voice.

"Why?" I whispered back, not bothering to push him away or to even open my eyes.

"You dug your nails in my back."

"When?"

"Last night."

"Really?"

"Yeah. It hurts like a fucker now."

"I’m sorry. I didn’t mean too."

"Don’t." He almost laughed. "It was good when we were...you know."

I felt bad again.

"Yeah." I mumbled.

"Aria?"

"I have to leave today."

"What the hell?"

"I’m sorry. I’ve got to get back to Baltimore."

I turned over, facing him now. Our faces were inches apart.

"But... Lexi." I whined.

"I’ll be back." Alex kissed my nose. "I promise. You won’t even have time to miss me."

"I’m sure."

I wanted to roll my eyes at him, but I refused too.

"Aria," He gave me a knowing look.

"Balls." I groaned. "Alex, don’t...please."

"I’m sorry, okay?" He stated. "But I have to tell Jack. I can’t just lie to him..."

"You sure didn’t have trouble lying to him about Lisa back in high school."

"That’s different."

"How?"

"I was fucking his girlfriend. Now I’m just fucking Aria, our old high school friend."

"But I was his girlfriend, Alex."

"For what? Three months?"

"Almost four!"

"My point is at the time we had ever done this, you were not Jack’s girlfriend. So, I’m not doing anything wrong."

We both knew that it was a lie.

I felt terrible, and Alex did too.

I can read him way too well.

"So what is exactly going to happen?"

"Come back to Baltimore with me?"

"Why would I do that?"

"To see your mom and brother?"

"Alex, no."

"Aria, yes."

"Why?"

"Because I’ll miss my fuck buddy." Alex whined.

I rolled my eyes at his new term.

"And I’ll miss mine, but we’ll live."

Yeah, I know. I’m a slut. I’m sleeping with my ex’s best friend. I’m sure a great person.

Not.

"Just, don’t go off and get a new boyfriend, okay?"

"And why not?" I asked.

I knew the answer.

Jack.

"Because Jack would be crushed."

"Says the boy laying naked in my bed."

"This isn’t a time for being sarcastic." He looked at my seriously. "I’m helping a friend.

"Yeah...cause all friends have sex with each other, right?"

Alex winked at me.

"You know it."

"Oh god!" I giggled. "Get the hell out of my bed."

"Oh so now you want me to leave you?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, not out." I stated. "Go make me some food. I’m hungry like a truck driver."

"Cereal?"

"Of course." I smiled. He kissed my forehead before he slipped on his boxers, making his way out of my gloomy room. I laid on my back, and I took in a deep breath. I sat up out of bed. I picked up my bra, underwear, and his shirt. I put on all three, and I walked out.

"Now, now, now Airbear." Alex shook his head. "You do know that black, lacy underwear means that you want to have sex, right?"

I only nodded, and took a seat at the dinning room table with my cereal. He laughed, and joined me before a knock at the door came. Alex groaned, and looked over at me.

"Don’t expect me to get it. I’m in my underwear."

"So am I!"

"Alex, they are boxers. They basically look like plaid shorts. Just answer my door, okay?"

He rolled his eyes, and stood up. He walked to my door, which was visable from where I was sitting. Seconds later, two guys were having a yelling match.

"Move the fuck out of the way!" One yelled.

"Why should I?!"

"Alex, MOVE!"

"Hell no!"

I was confused until Jack came into view.

My mouth dropped.

"Aria..." He trailed off, seeing me in Alex’s shirt and my underwear. "What the hell is going on here?"

I was at a loss for words. I wanted to say something witty, or make up an excuse, but I couldn’t.

For the first time in my life, I didn’t know what to say to Jack Barakat.

I was fucking speechless.
♠ ♠ ♠
LAST CHAPTER! :( I'm sorrrryyyyy it ended the way it did!

Plus side? Seqeul time ;)
Go read Listen To The Thunder or Secret Valentine in the mean time :)
- Rae <3