Status: ACTIVE! :)

Another Piece of My Heart

About That Kiss...

“Then I'll have a chicken club with everything, and I'll take a rain check on that explanation.”

“Be right back.” Was all I choked out before I walked quickly back behind the bar. I handed Chance the order, and I glanced around for the rest of my tables. All of them were empty. I had just noticed that the guy I had kissed was sitting at the bar. The tall blonde waved me over, and I slowly walked.

“Do I get to ask you why you kissed me earlier?”

“Ooh that. It was to prove something.”

“And that would be?”

“That I have guts.” I replied. “It's a long story. I'm sorry about kissing you,”

“Don't be.” He smiled. “I'm Andrew.”

“Aria.”

“Nice to meet you.”

I felt myself smile back.

“Would it be cheesy if I gave you my number?”

“Not at all.” I replied quickly because Berry was within ear shot. I grabbed a sharpie as I walked from behind the bar, and stood beside him. I handed him the sharpie, and I flipped out my hand.

He laughed but wrote out his number.

“Do I get yours?”

I shook my head.

“Nope.”

“So you'll call me.”

“I don't know.” I smiled my flirty smile at him. I was fully aware of my old friends looking over at me.

“So that's a no?”

“No.”

“A yes?”

“That's a maybe,” I winked, and took a fry off of his plate. I ate it as I walked to pick up my order for the guys. I walked back over to their table.

“Nice.” Alex laughed.

“I try.” I shrugged. I handed out their food. “Now, since I know all of you, please don't dig in. It's hot, okay?”

“Thanks mom,” Rian rolled his eyes.

“Fair warning.” I replied.

Noah walked over to me after place food down at another table.

“Mr. Gorgeous over there won't shut up.” She giggled. “I'm sure you've already got him wrapped.”

“Ah.” I sighed. “Another one bites the dust.” I snapped my fingers sarcastically.

Noah and I both laughed.

“Should I tally him to the long list?”

“Might as well.” I shrugged. “Unless you think we can save him.”

“Fat chance.” Noah and I looked over at him, and he waved with a huge smile. “Whipped.”

“I see that.” I looked back at her. “He gave me his number.”

“Really?! That's like the fifth one this week!”

“One for every week day.” I joked.

“You're terrible.”

“ I know.” I shrugged. He was now waving me over.

“I gotcha.” Noah lightly elbowed me. “Doctor Noah to the rescue.”

“Be sure to let this one down gently.” I joked.

“Sure, sure.” She rolled her eyes, and walked over to him.

I lightly laughed, and turned back to my former friends.

“Girl.” Rian shook his head. “Someone grew up fast.”

“It's been like five years, I work in this place dressed like this, and I live in LA. Honestly, do you not expect me to change.” I snapped a little bit. All four of them looked at me in shock.

“I'm sorry.” I shook my head. “That was rude.”

“When do we get to see our Arie?” Zack asked me with his arms almost crossed.

“I'm standing right here.” I replied.

“No, you aren't. Our E would have never had the guts to wear that.” Rian stated.

“Or kissed that random guy.” Jack muttered in a rude tone.

“Or keep a tally of how many hearts she broke.” Alex added. “You are certainly not our Airbear.” His tone was teasing, but somehow serious.

Alexander William Gaskarth had no room to talk.

“Sorry.” I mumbled. “It's not like I can take back the last four years,”

“We can't exactly take back our mistakes.” Jack looked up at me.

“Don't even.” I shook my head.

“You didn't have to run, Aria.” Jack replied.

“You didn't have to let me, Jack.”

Jack looked at me for a moment as if trying to figure out something.

“Why did you even go?” He finally asked.

“You're smart Jack.” I stated. “You'll eventually figure it out.”

“And what if I don't?”

“Then you're shit out of luck.” I shrugged. “Wouldn't make a difference either way.”

“Aria!” Noah came bouncing over.

“Yeah?”

“Mr. Gorgeous over there won't shut up. He's love sick.”

I stole a quick glance over at him.

“He is gorgeous.”

“and Blonde!”

“and he seems nice.”

“and built.”

“and he's....,”

“Just say that you'll call him!” Noah pressed.

“Fine.”

“Yay!” She clapped.

I eyed her weirdly.

“What?!”

“I'm starting to think that you are the one that's wanting him.”

“Nah! I just like delivering good news.”

“ I told him I would more than likely call him anyway.”

“I think he feels threatened.” She skimmed her eyes over the table. “Anyway, I'm sorry for being rude.” She stated to the guys.

“No problem.” Jack mumbled.

“Anyway, I'm Noah.” She smiled at the guys. “You must be Rian and Zack? I'm just guessing.”

“Yeah.” Zack laughed. “That would be us.”

“Great to meet you guys.” Noah smiled. “I heard you were from Baltimore too.”

“Too?” Alex asked.

“Yeah, I went to a different high school.” She informed them. A guy walked in the door, and Noah smiled as he did.

“Someone just saw Scott.”

“Ooh, shut up.” Noah giggled as she walked off to greet her boyfriend.

“Boyfriend,” I replied. “I swear, he is a dick. I can't stand him.” I replied. Not like they really care.

I looked back at the boys.

“I'm going back over here. Just wave me over if you need me.” I replied.

“Kay.” Was all I could get out of the table, and it came from Zack.

I didn't have to wait on them for the rest of the night. I grabbed the bill, and I walked to the table.

“Here's your bill. I hope you had a great night.” It was the usual saying we said, but it felt different coming from my lips. I placed the bill on their table. I made it back to the employee room, and I started to feel my body want to cry.

“They're gone.” Noah informed me.

I nodded, and stood up. I hadn't gotten the chance to cry. I stood up, and I walked back out to the table. There was a twenty dollar bill on the table, and along with it a note. Of course I saw Jack's chicken scratch handwriting on it. I picked it up, and stuffed it in my pocket without looking.

I couldn't handle another note from Jack Barakat. I've been given one too many over the years that I've known him.

Two hours later, Noah and I were allowed to change back into our normal clothes since we had these next few days off, and today was considered as over time.

“I think that we should stay and watch the band play.”

“Okay.” I replied much to my distaste. We were wearing what we wore to the mall today.

The bar and grill had been shut off to the public. Only the band people and employees were allowed on the inside. Noah and I both walked out and saw people setting up for the band.