No Future Hiatus

Born to Lose



Well, that's just the way it goes
This city is so cold
And I'm ... I'm so-so
That's why I know (I say hey)


Josie an’ I walked pass the Chelsea Bridge an’ she was all smiles an’ lovely pricey clothin’. I wasn’t so punk back then eithe to be bloody honest, but I ‘ad the sense of anger. She was enjoyin’ the walk, pointin’ out stuff and places she ‘ad seen from other side of the river, obviously she ‘ad never been to that side either, an’ though it was fair upper class we didn’t take to long to run into some WWC youths.

First it was a brunette girl with a baby doll made out of patches an’ dish clothin’ who went on pedestrians askin’ a pound for ‘er baby. Then it was an’ old blind man an’ some girls sayin’ they lead tourists.

Born to lose
Born to lose
Born to lose
Baby I was born to lose


Josie walked next to me an’ in the end, we were just some kids with not so scruffy clothin’, but as we got into the streets the atmosphere changeda bit. As mum ‘ad said, Brixton was close, and on the other hand tourist passed near the jetty so you ‘ad all guides to.

We doubled a corner while I promised Josie we’d be back soon. An’ we encountered two blokes splattered across the sidewalk, head leanin’ on the smokey brick work, dustbins next to them, an’ that was the real Landan for once. The youths were smokin’ some unlabeled ciggy, switichin’ it from hands every time one took a drag. One was a skinny blonde, and then a younger one blondish with furious freckles across his face, an’ finally a black haired immense bloke, tall like shit! And a goofy expression on his pale features. All of ‘em pointed our way.

Nothing to do
And nothing to say
Only one thing that I know
It's the only way ... I said hit it!


I didn’t feel fear o’ disgust for ‘em, they were only few years ‘bove my age, but Josie…
“Thugs!” She whispered me with that tone of scared kiddie askin’ for protection, tone that didn’t escaped ‘em.

“Shut it” I said back, glancin’ over ‘em, hopin’ they were all deaf.

The blonde raised clumsily takin’ s’pport on the wall. His blue eyes an’ milky skin declared him a british, but this bloke was dead different from us.

“What yah lookin’ at bird?” He spit out over gesturin’ with hands an’ all, an’ he pronounced every syllable like it was a whole new language, one that rolled easy on my tongue.
I hesitated on replyin’, thinkin’ maybe I could just pass by.

“Hey Free calm yar nerves mate!” The black haired said while takin’ a long drag outta ciggy. “Free”?

Living in a jungle
It ain't so hard
But living in the city
It'll eat out ... eat out your heart (I said hey)


“Mind yar business Dwight! I’m sick of this rubbish rich twat kids lookin’ at us like we ‘ave no bleedin’ rights to be here!!” The blonde shouted back, an’ I heard every single of his insults.

“Hey I’m not rubbish! And I am just like you!” I screamed back from the safe 10 feet away, where I was. Josie stood behind me, an’ it was just me between her an’ this so called “thugs.”

“Oh really? Where da yah live darlin’?” Asked the freckle kid, again with an accent that couldn’t be british on my ears, but it was just ‘bout the Britishest thing.

Born to lose (I say hey)
Born to lose (I say hey)
Born to lose
Baby I was born to lose


For a second I considerate sayin’ that he had no reason to know, but that kids “darlin’” was like a bad rock on the sock.

“Mary Lebone! So what?” I yelled now getting’ angrier, this kids ‘ad no right to insult me.
A general laugh burst from their filthy smoky mouths.

“What?” I asked just as confused as I ‘ad been angry few seconds before, though my cheeks were still


Born to lose (I say hey)
Born to lose (I say hey)
Born to lose
Baby I was born to lose red.


“Yah ‘ave more money on bankruptcy than the three o’ us on glory!” Said the tall one, still laughin’, though he eyed me as if I was the little naïve kid. Other two boys demonstrated their sheer disgust for me.

“That doesn’t means I’m any different” I murmured humiliated, and ready to turn ‘round.
“Yar life is different” the blonde boy bit back, not lettin’ it go.

“If money is the matter how much do you want? I’ve just got some pennies on, but…” Though I had spoken just tryin’ to redeem, their faces expressed such hatred that I didn’t even finished.

“I don’t need yar bleedin’ money” spoke Dwight like he had been offended.

“Go to yar pricey gaff an’ leaves us alone, we will never be alike, we are the ones born to loose” Shouted “Free” as I turned ‘round graspin’ Josie’s hand on mine, an’ dryin’ hot tears of humiliation with my sleeve.

Baby I was born to lose

Right then I felt humiliated an’ alone, I felt like scum, they were s’pposed to be the scum, but it didn’t feel like it. I ‘ad been rejected an’ I didn’t hate them, but I did say “Screw You” while I walked away. “Damn the bloody Brixton kids, mum was right”

But soon rolls would switch an’ prove that we were all born to loose.

Born to lose
Born to lose
Born to lose
Baby I'm born too lose


Image
♠ ♠ ♠
From Now on chapters should speed up, hopefully.

WWC: white Working Class
Brixton has never had all good fame
Thugs, pretty sure yah know the term but just in case. "Bandits"
Gaff:House
Mary Lebone is in West End, the posh part.
Forgive the youtube video, but playlist