Sequel: Beautiful Daydream.
Status: Finished! Comment for sequal!

Romantic Nightmare

Chapter 16

Xander Pov

I couldn’t sleep that night. It was awful. As soon as Clyde and I got home, he started bitching about my behavior and how rude I was for ditching Trinity at the park. I felt extremely bad for that but I couldn’t help it. The vampire in me wanted blood and that stupid little boy had to fall and cut his knee.

“You better apologize to her!” Clyde demanded as we drove to school the next day.
I hated Mondays, especially since they flipped the order on our schedules. I had English first, which sucked because Trinity was in that class.

“I don’t think that’s going to happen” I said, getting out of the car. Clyde let out a gasp and slammed his door.

“YOU BETTER!!” she shouted. I shushed him and grabbed his arm.

“Alright! Jeeze!” I hissed as we entered the building.

--

I got to class as usual and sat down by the window. I didn’t want to be in this class, I didn’t want to see Trinity because I knew she was mad at me.

As expected, Trinity entered the class and sat next to me. This was the most awkward situation I’ve ever been, aside from when Clyde walked in on me eating Coca puffs in my Sponge Bob Boxers, but that’s not the point.

I looked over to her, remembering Clyde words. As I was about to speak, she snapped her head over to me, her face was hard.

“Thanks for hanging out but next time check if it’s going to rain before you decide to ditch a girl, got it?” she spat. I was taken aback by this sudden outburst. She didn’t strike me as the bitch type at all. Then again I wouldn’t blame her for being a bitch to me. I was the one who was cold and distant in the first place. But if only she knew why.

“Trinity it’s not like that, You don’t get it” I whispered.

“I don’t get what? That you enjoy walking towards hurt little boys? Or maybe you force Clyde to do things?” her voice was filled with hate. But she wasn’t done yet. “Or I know! Your too much of a fucking freak to keep a friend that isn’t related to you!” she spat.

That part broke me completely. She knew what she said and let out a gasp. I know she didn’t really mean the last part, or maybe she did. I dunno, perhaps I was just whishing for her not to mean all those words to make me feel better.

“Wait I didn’t mean that” she uttered.

“But you said it” I replied, my tone was dark.

As she was about to reply the teacher walked in. she kept in staring at me, with pleading eyes, but I just looked away. Well so much for apologizing.

-*-

Lunch was a nightmare. Clyde continued to pester me about apologizing to her. When I told her what happened in class, he didn’t care.

“So!! Girls are always like that!! C’mon man! Your two hundred and eighteen years old! You should know this by now!!” he said, taking a bite out of his food.

I cringed at the sight and looked away. “Clyde, she hates me” I muttered.

“Bullshit, if she hated you, she would have said a lot worse things than just freak. I mean back L.A we were called a lot worse if you think about it.” He said.

I didn’t want to think about L.A at least not now.

“Dude, you better apologize to her! TODAY” he demanded. I let out a huff and rolled my eyes.

“HEY EVERYONE! SHUT THE HELL UP!” I heard someone shout.

I turned my head over and saw Trinity standing on the table. I arched my brow to this. What was this girl doing?

“I will just like to announce something” she added. “Care bears are my life!” she spat. Everyone in the cafeteria laugh at that. I was confused.

Then Annie Monroe stood up and yelled out “when I was five, I wanted to marry spider man!!”

“Oh my god me too!” I heard Clyde mumble.

He then hesitated but stood up and yell out “ I think Cinderella is pretty damn sexy!” I smiled at that.

I decided it was time to apologize, and this time in front of Clyde. I let out a deep sigh as I stood up, not on the table, and looked all around.

“I’m sorry Trinity Skye for ditching you at the park yesterday. I was a complete jerk” I said.
Everyone went silent, some were gawking. But I wasn’t done. “I think you’re an amazing girl and you deserve better and Clyde” I looked over to him. “Sorry for bossing you around.”
Clyde’s face was expressionless.

“But I don’t mind-“

“No” I said. “I really mean it. I’m sorry if I make you do stuff you don’t want to do.” I added, grabbing my back pack.

I said my apology, and now it was time for me to leave, before I make a bigger fool out of myself. I quickly bolted out the café and into the hallway. I didn’t care if she forgave me or not. I couldn’t stay in there for another minute.

Perhaps I am a freak who can never make friends. She was right though. I was a freak. I drink blood to stay alive, how much more of a freak can I get?

“Fuck this! Fuck everything!” I yelled as I ran out the front doors and out into the street. So what if I was a freak. So what if Trinity Skye hates me. Trinity Skye, the one and only girl I have this attraction for. The prettiest girl here in Fallen Heights. The only girl I wish I could share my secret with.

I stopped running, and sat down by some tree. I didn’t want to go back. I reached into my back pack, pulled out my ipod and blasted my rock music.

If I was such a freak, why do I even bother being a good guy.