Sequel: Beautiful Daydream.
Status: Finished! Comment for sequal!

Romantic Nightmare

Chapter 18

Xander Pov

It started raining as I walked home. “Killer Likes Candy” by I Am Ghost blared in my head phones as I walked up to the front door and opened it. As soon as that happened Clyde jumped out screaming in my face.

“XANDER MORGUE!! I was fucking worried sick about you!! You weren’t in school all day!” he yelled.

“Shut up Clyde” I muttered as I drop my bad on the floor and threw myself on the couch. I was too depressed to even care about school.

“No! First of all why did you run? I mean no one really did much but stare at Trinity!” he said, as he walked up to me. I turned away from him. I didn’t want to talk about Trinity anymore.

“Clyde leave me alone. Trinity hates me.” I muttered.

“Then if she hates you isn’t that a good thing? I mean you told me yourself that you can’t be around her. So why are you upset?” he asked.

That was a good question. Why was I upset? I mean I wanted nothing to do with her, but this attraction I developed, was it actually a crush? Did I, a two hundred year old vampire develop a crush on a high school girl?

Just as I was about to answer, a loud banging came from our door. Clyde and I looked at each other before he walked off and opened the door.

“Clyde!” I heard Trinity shout. I let out a groan as I turned my body away from the door. “Where is Xander? I need to talk to him” she added.

“He’s on the couch and he doesn’t want visitors” Clyde replied. He sounded unsure of himself.

“Please? It’s important” she said.

I felt Clyde’s eyes on me. I knew he wanted me to talk to her, and not to run away this time. “Xander?” he mumbled.

I let out a groan as I got up and approached the door. There she was cold and wet from the rain. I felt my stomach churn with regret. Maybe I should have stayed in school.

“I’ll leave you two alone” Clyde announced as he bowed and walked off. I gave him an odd glance before looking back to Trinity.

“You didn’t have to do that” she said, looking down to her shoes. I may not say this to her, but I thought it was cute when she did that. She looked back up to me, but I remained silent. I didn’t know what to say. She then looked back down again. “Thank you” she said softly.

I mind went into a million thoughts. I wanted to say something, but I just made a sound that let her know I was listening. I looked down to the ground, unable to really look at her pretty face. I was abit ashamed and embarrassed. Also flattered she said thank you to me.
I felt her eyes on me, I wasn’t sure if I was ready to talk to her. She then lifted my chin up and looked into my eyes. “Can you please talk to me?” she asked softly.

“What is there to say?” I asked. Her warm fingers felt good against my cold skin. “No let me rephrase that, what do you want me to say?” I added in a softer tone.

“I want you to say that you think we should be friends and um..” she trailed off as she played her fingers. She looked so adorable doing that. “Listen I don’t know, I’m sorry for being a bitch. I’m sorry for saying the things I said. I didn’t mean any of it. You’re not a freak. Your…your..” she paused for a moment, trying to think of what to say.

I’m what? Cool? Nice?....if only she really knew that I was a freak, no not a freak, a monster.

“Did you mean it when you said I was amazing?” she asked, changing the subject. I nodded. “The your definitely not a freak. Your sweet and nice and different. Your right, I don’t get it. I don’t get you. I want to though.” She said, looking up at me.

I want her to get me. I want her to understand the pain of being alone, being the only one whose different, the only one who has to pretend to be someone else.

“Not to sound like a stalker but I have wanted to get you” she said. I stood silent, my mind slowly processed this. If she really wanted to know me, will she be able to handle what I would say to her?

I didn’t expect this, but she got on her toes and lightly kiss me on the lips. Her lips we soft, likes clouds, no, like a butterflies wings. I wanted to return the kiss, but something inside me wanted her right there. I couldn’t, it was wrong, I could allow the vampire in me to take control, not over a kiss. I pushed her back down.

“Shit” I mumbled. “I don’t mean to do that! I don’t mean to do a lot of things…and…and” I couldn’t get the words out right, my tongue was fucking up big time.

“I’m sorry!” she said, her eyes filled with tears. “Forget it, I screw everything up” she added, turning away from me. She ran off towards her house but stopped and looked over to me. “Let’s just be friends.” She said.

I nodded stiffly. Being friends is a start. But how the hell was I supposed to tell my friend that I’m a vampire? This is going to be a nightmare.

“Xander! Look!” I heard Clyde shout from the other room.

I closed the front door and walked to where he was. He was standing in front of the t.v, watching the news. It was here in Fallen Heights.

News Reporter: Apparently at three o’clock in the morning, police had found the body of a missing seventeen year old but the name of Flower Henderson. Henderson’s body was brutally mutilated and drained off all her blood. Some say it might have been a wild animal, possibly illegally brought in. no other information is for sure, but there is a look out for whatever did this. If anyone has any information please contact police as soon as possible.-

Clyde shut off the t.v and looked over to me. I was in shock. We both knew Flower went to our high school, and we NEVER feed of off high school girls. We also knew that she hung out with Trinity and Annie.

“Xander, the marks on the body looked familiar.” Clyde informed.

“Yeah, whoever framed us in L.A, knows we are here. And they know we go to Fallen Heights High.” I said, my fist balled up.

“SO what do we do? We can’t just leave again. I’m going to have to tell my parents-“

“NO…don’t get your parents worried. We didn’t have anything to do with this, but just in case, we need to keep an eye out for suspicious people. And when it comes to feeding, we need to be extra careful” I said.

“What about Trinity? What did she say to you?” he asked, a sly grin crossed his lips.

“Nothing, we were just talking.” I said, giving him a sly grin as well.

“Aww!! C’mon Xander!! Tell me!!!” he begged.

I laughed out loud. Like hell I was going to tell him that I kissed Trinity Skye.

--

The next day, Clyde and I got to school and did our usual stuff. I went through my classes, my mind on auto pilot as always until lunch. Throughout the day everyone was talking about
Flower’s death. I didn’t really know the girl, but a lot of people did. I saw Trinity sitting at her usual table.

“Dude, go talk to her” Clyde whispered.

“I dunno…maybe she is too busy mourning about her friend.” I said.

“She doesn’t look too sad.” He spat.

I let out a groan and stood up. “Fine, but I want to talk to her in privet. I just don’t feel comfortable talking in front of everyone.” I said. Clyde gave me this cheesy grin. “Pervert” I muttered as I walked over to her table.

Annie was the first to notice me and nudged her shoulder, whispering something to her in the process. Trinity looked my way, a small smile settled on her lips.

“H-Hey Trinity” I mumbled. “Umm…can we talk….somewhere more quiet?” I asked, rubbing the back of my neck.

Annie whispered something to Trinity and she nodded before getting up. “Sure Xander” she said walking ahead of me. I followed her out the Lunch room and into the quiet hallway. She then tuned and leaned against the wall. “So what’s up?” she asked.

Crap I didn’t really know what to say. “Umm…I’m sorry about Flower..” I blurted out.

“Yeah, it sucks what happened to her. I mean what fucking sicko would run around doing that? Ugh” she shivered at the thought. “Now I feel so much better living in Fallen Heights” she spat sarcastically.

“Trinity I brought you out here because I wanted to tell you something. You said you wanted to get me, and I really want you to get me too.” I sighed and continued. “You see…I’m..I’m not really all that normal. I’m different.” I let out a frustrated sigh. She blinked a few times, unsure what I was going to say.

“Okay…umm…I don’t get it. How are you different?” she asked. Her eyes looking into mine.

“Umm…you know what never mind, I just wanted to know it you would like to go to the movies with me this Friday?” I asked. That was soo random of me. I wasn’t even thinking of the movies. I watched as she looked down to her shoes, a tint shade of pink flashed across her cheeks.

“You’re asking me out on a date? I thought we agreed to be just friends?” she asked.

“Yeah, as a friend, I would like to know it you would like to see a movie with me…and yeah..It’s sort of a date, but a date between friends” I mumbled.

“Well umm…uhh…” she was so baffled she couldn’t even speak. Did I move too fast?

RIIIIIINNNNGGG!!!!!

The bell rang suddenly, causing me and Trinity to jump abit. A whole wave of students came rushing out the door and the last thing I saw was Trinity’s slight smile before the crowed engulfed the both of us.