Sequel: Beautiful Daydream.
Status: Finished! Comment for sequal!

Romantic Nightmare

Chapter 27

~Trinity Skye~

I knew what I had to do. For this to work, I had to get blood for them.

Annie would be a bit hard to convince, but with her help I'm sure I can "volunteer." Sure, It'd take out of my hanging wit Xander time but it works. If I get caught, I'll be so dead. And I can't believe I'm doing all this because I love this boy

I'm doing this for Mom.

"Well just in case, I'll go over to your place and make sure your alright....umm if that's alright with you?" He asked while he didn't fully hide his embarrassment. Even if he was embarrassed, I immediately got butterflies.

"Yeah right, I bet you'd do more then just checking up on her" Clyde remarked.

"Clyde is there anything Else you can think of besides sex?" I asked, glaring at him.

Clyde placed his finger on his lips as he thought. "Hmm...nope, nothing comes to mind..-Oh! yeah sex and blood!" he smiled.

Xander and I both let out a groan. Sometimes I don't get our friendship. One day, we are kissing, next we aren't talking. Then again, it does add to the fun.

"So...now what?" I asked. The boys exchanged looks.

"Normally we would go feeding, but captain emo over here decided to go on a blood starvation." Clyde spat. If only he knew that in my mind his type of emo is actually quite hot.

'Shut up Clyde!" Xander hissed. He looked cute when he was mad. WAIT!

TRINITY SKYE! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING...stop it stop it stop it.

"We are going to look for clues about this group who's in town. I'm pretty sure i have a general idea where they might be located." He said.

"I'm coming with you guys" I blurted out. What did I just get myself into?

"No...its too dangerous." Xander said.

"I don't care Xander, they were the ones who killed my mother. I have to do this." I said, convincing myself. This was for mom.

"She's going to follow us even if we did tell her to stay." Clyde commented.

I smiled triumphantly as Xander sighed. "Fine, but stay close to us! and when we get there, Don't talk to anyone." He said.

"Okay...but where are we going anyways?" I asked.

"Yeah, where do you think you'll find our culprits?" Clyde asked.

"The only place a sick vampire would go to get tainted blood. The down town part of Fallen Heights." He said. My stomach dropped. I've heard a little to much about that place.

"So basically we are going to the Red Light District? Home of the whores and drug dealers? have you lost you mind?" I asked with pure disgust.

"Nope, He lost that a long time ago" Clyde replied.

Then reality hit me. They are dead. Both of them. Some things, me, Trinity Skye, can't even quite fully grasp and this is one of them. I nodded as he smirked.

"When?" I asked looking at Clyde. "As soon as it's safe." Clyde and Xander said in unison.

~*~

That night, I sat in my room. My dad was still out God knows where and I was home alone.

The old wooden guitar taunted me in the corner of my room. In dark blue sharpie, it read "To my dearest Trinity. Love, Mommy."

I walked up and ran my fingers over the familiar writing. I looked in the guitar case and found the same old song I had learned to play. I hummed a few notes and picked up the guitar and walked to my bed.

I placed my fingers lightly on the old guitar and plucked a string. The rich sound echoed the house. I played a chord and notes filled the air. I picked up the old yellowed paper, written in my mothers hand writing.

I began playing the carefully thought out notes. The familiar melody swam through the air. I hummed along with it but didn't dare to sing. I could hardly trust my own voice. Once the lump in my throat had dissolved, I began to softy sing it quietly.

Memories flooded back.

"Deep in the meadow, under the willow
A bed of grass, a soft green pillow
Lay down your head, and close your eyes
And when they open, the sun will rise"

"Mommy! Mommy! Look what I made for you!" I yelled as I hobbled up the back steps on my chubby toddler legs. "That beautiful, sweet heart!" My mother said as she carefully picked up the weed filled bouquet.

"Here it’s safe, and here it’s warm
Here the daisies guard you from every harm
Here your dreams are sweet–
and tomorrow brings them true
Here is the place where I love you."

"Merry Christmas!" She said with her groggy smile pasted on her face. She handed me an old oak guitar. "I love it!"

"Deep in the meadow, hidden far away
A cloak of leaves, a moonbeam ray
Forget your woes and let your troubles lay
And when again it’s morning, they’ll wash away"

"One day, when I grow very old, I want you to know how to play this for me." "Okay Mommy!" "Promise Trinity?" She said with her soft face. "Promise! I love you!" "I love you too sweetie."

"Here it’s safe, and here it’s warm
Here the daisies guard you from every harm
Here your dreams are sweet
and tomorrow brings them true
Here is the place where I love you."

"Now, in memory of Georgia Leigh Skye, let us take a moment of silence and pray for her arrival to heaven."

"Here is the place where I love you."

I placed my guitar down and, for once, a feeling of happiness flooded into me.

Then, I heard clapping. "Bravo! Bravo!" Startled I looked up. Xander was there, standing in my door way. "You freak! Now, tell me." I said with a smile. "How did you get into my house!" I said with a small laugh.

"Front door was open." He said with a smirk. "What if I wasn't home?" "Oh, but you were. You're light was on" Motioning to my light then to my door.

"What if I was naked?" I said with a sly smile, knowing this would embarrass him. "Then, I..uh... would have seen you naked." He said embarrassed. "You're so weird!" I said lightly pushing him, while rolling my eyes. "That, I am." He said smirking. "Just because your checking up on me, doesn't mean you gotta leave right? No one's home and it is scary when it's night!"

"Oh but having a vampire in your house is much better?" He said accusingly. I roll my eyes and smile. "Is that a yes?"