Sequel: Beautiful Daydream.
Status: Finished! Comment for sequal!

Romantic Nightmare

Chapter 30.

Xander Pov

The drive to the red light district took at least an hour, due to traffic. Along the way, I explained the plan to Trinity, and she agreed to it.

“Now when something happens, what do you do?” I asked, making a right turn on a green light.

“I run.” She replied with a huff.

“And if we get attacked, what do you do?” I asked her.

“Umm…I scream and shout?” she chuckled. I simply glared at her. “Oh alright! Jeeze I run. But Xander I don’t want to run away from this.”

“I know Trinity, but this is a dangerous area. Anything can happen.” I warned her.

“Yeah but you two are vampires! Can’t you flash you fangs and scare them away?” she asked.

Clyde let out a laugh as he looked over to her. “If only it were that simple.” He said.

I rounded another corner and parked my car near an ally. We all got out and looked around.

Yup this was a typical place for a whore or a drug dealer to hang out.

The sidewalks were dark and twisted, whores and shady looking people all lurked around, staring at us. Trinity automatically held onto my arm. I could feel her shaking with fear.

“Alright, first things first, we need a weapon.” Clyde said as he walked towards a corner store. Trinity and I followed along; the both of us remained quiet.

Clyde walked around the store, his blue eyes settled on a silver cross hanging on the wall.

“How much for the cross?” he asked as he looked over to the clerk.

“Ten bucks.” The man replied stiffly.

“Good, Trinity, grab that cross.” Clyde said as he walked over to the clerk and paid him.

“Why do I have to grab it?” she whispered as she grabbed the cross and followed us out the door. “And how is this a weapon?” she asked.

“The reason why we made you hold it is because Clyde and I cannot touch holy items. I will burn our hands. And second, it’s a good weapon for you incase a vampire tries to attack you.” I said, looking around the block.

“Ah ha! I see him!” Clyde beamed as he pointed over to a fat, old man sitting on a chair in an ally.

“Yup, that’s him; I could definitely smell his from here.” I said as I grabbed Trinity’s arm and crossed the street.

“Who is he?” Trinity asked as she looked over to Frank.

“He’s an old friend. He might know where your mothers killers are.” I said as I approached Frank.

“Well, it seems you haven’t changed at all Frank.” Clyde said out loud. Frank shuddered in his seat before looking over to us.

“Xander? Clyde? Wow, you two have grown so much! How are you?” he asked, his voice was deep, rough, like an old mans.

“We are doing well.” Clyde replied.

“I see and look! You brought lunch!” he said, licking his lips as he stared at Trinity. She cringed with disgust as she hid behind me.

“Wait a minute; before you can have her, we need to ask you a question.” I said, holding Trinity in front of me.

“Xander! What are you doing?!!” she whispered.

“Don’t worry, just play along.” I said as I kept a smile towards Frank.

“Well, ask away!” he said as he licked his lips some more.

“We need to know if those vampires are here in Fallen Heights. And don’t play dumb, we know you have connections with everyone here.” Clyde informed.

“Well, if it means something to the both of you, yeah, those vampires who framed the both of you are here. But if you give me the girl, I’ll add in a bit more info.” He said with a sick smile.

Clyde and I both looked at each other, a second later we both slammed Frank against the wall, his eyes widened from the shock.

“Trinity! The cross!” I shouted.

Trinity didn’t wait a second as she help the cross to Franks face. Frank let out a cry of pain. “Get that thing away from me!” he hissed.

“Tell us! Tell us where they are!” Trinity hissed.

“You guys tricked me!” Frank sneered at Clyde and I.

“Well, If I were you, I’d answer her question before she sticks the cross on your face.” I spat.

“Fine…fine…” he whimpered. “They hang out in city, mainly in the Zero Below club, since it’s always cold there. Rumor has it, they sell blood to them.”

“Is that the truth?” Trinity yelled as she held the cross closer to his face.

“Yes! Yes now get that think away from me!” he cried.

“Well, that was easy” I said as Clyde and I both dropped Frank.

Frank slid to the ground with a groan, his eyes narrowed over to Trinity.

“Why are two vampires hanging out with a human anyways?” he asked suspiciously.

“It’s none of your fucking business.” I spat.

“c’mon guys, we have to go” Clyde stated as he nudged my shoulder.

“You’re doing this to find her mother’s killers aren’t you? Xander…” Frank called out.

I stopped dead in my tracks. Trinity gave me a weary look, as did Clyde.

“Just ignore him; he’s just sour that a bunch of teenagers kicked his ass.” Clyde whispered.

“Xander, I did leave out one little detail about the group of vampires. Their leader is a much older vampire, in fact you know personally. Can you guess who?” he asked in a cocky tone.
I wanted to turn around and beat his face in, but the look on Trinity’s eyes told me not too. She had enough of this place, as did I.

“I’ll find out my way” I said as I grabbed Trinity’s hand and walked back to the car.

“That was easy” she said as she sat in the back.

“Yeah, because it was still daylight. If it were night time, than that would have been a whole situation.” Clyde replied.

“So Xander are we going to this club Zero Below?” Trinity asked.
I thought about it. And to be honest, we weren’t ready, at least not yet.

“No, we need to plan this through. If we just storm in there, we could fall into their trap. They know we are here, and they know you’re here too Trinity.” I informed.

Trinity let out a huff as she leaned back on her seat and crossed her arms. “Can I keep this cross?” she asked.

“Be our guest.” I said, turning on the car and driving off.

“So Xander…what did that vampire mean when he said the leader is someone you know?”
Trinity asked. Clyde and I looked at each other; I knew that he knew what Frank was talking about.

“I don’t know…” I said, looking away from the rear view mirror.

I knew exactly what he was talking about…