Sequel: Beautiful Daydream.
Status: Finished! Comment for sequal!

Romantic Nightmare

Chapter 32.

Xander Pov

“Xander, what are we going to do about those vampires?” Clyde asked as he sipped on his cherry smoothie from Seven Eleven. We both were chilling out in our room. We decided to cut school again but we didn’t tell Trinity. It was bad enough if she had to miss another day of school because of this vampire issue.

“I’m still thinking about it.” I replied with a deep sigh.

I felt Clyde’s eyes on me. He and I both knew what Frank was talking about the other day.

I thought he was dead…could he really be alive?

“You know we have to tell Trinity eventually.” He said, taking another sip of his smoothie. I still don’t understand how he could drink that.

“I know, but I feel like we brought this upon her.” I said as I brushed my hand through my hair. “She’s young; she doesn’t need all this drama. I mean she has enough of it in school.” I added.

“Yeah but these vampires did kill her mother. I’m sure she does have the right to know.” He informed.

“Well speaking of knowing, what if your father finds out about this? I mean Frank is a good friend of his.” I said, playing with a string on my shirt.

“Nah, don’t worry about it. My mom banned Frank for seeing my dad. Did I already tell you this?” he asked, sucking hard on his straw.

“Yeah…I guess I forgot.” I mumbled.

“Wells since we cut school today, what shall we do?” he asked, tossing the empty cup into our trash.

“I don’t know really, I mean we can’t go around drinking blood since we did promise Trinity we would drink from blood bags.” I sighed.

“Smooth move Xander” Clyde muttered.

“Whatever Clyde. We need to control our feeding anyways” I retorted.

“No, YOU need to control your urges. I’m actually afraid you might have another moment like you did back in that alley.” He said.

I can honestly see that he was worried; hell I was afraid for that and especially in front of
Trinity? Ugh I don’t even want to imagine that.

“Hey, when Trinity gets home, let’s hang out at her place. I’ve never been inside her house before.” Clyde suggested.

“Well…we don’t know if she has homework or not.” I informed.

“So! We can help her with her homework. We practically know everything since we been alive for so long.

Two hundred years…that’s a long time

“Alright then, I guess we’ll chill with Trinity.” I replied.

--**--

Most of the day we just listened to music. Clyde blasted Lady GaGa more than fifty times. I really didn’t care if she took a ride on anyones disco stick.

When Trinity came home, Clyde and I waltzed outside and met her at her drive way.

“Trinity!!!” Clyde beamed as he picked her up and twirled her around.

“Clyde put me down!” she said with a giggle.

“We missed you! Well mostly Xander. Oh he wouldn’t stop talking-“

“We both missed you.” I said, covering Clyde’s mouth.

A soft shade of pink tinted her cheeks as she looked down.

“Aw…that’s so sweet…wait a minute” she said, looking up. “I was wondering what happened to you! I didn’t see you in class today, Xander Morgue!” she said, pointing her finger at me.

I loved it when she said my full name.

“Umm…Yeah we were too lazy.” Clyde answered bluntly.

“Why didn’t you tell me!! I would have stayed too!” she whined.

“Yeah it was a last minute ordeal, plus we didn’t want you to miss class. School is very important for a growing young lady.” Clyde teased with a British accent.

Trinity put on a pout as she crossed her arms over her chest. I noticed a black and blue mark on her arm.

“Trinity? What happened?” I asked, pointing to her arm. She looked down to it and folded her hands behind her back.

“It’s nothing, I just tripped going up the steps.” She replied quickly. “So what are the plans for the club?” she asked, changing the subject.

“Oh, well I haven’t really got to thinking about it. But we do need some time. We need to know how many are there and if they have familiars working for them.” I replied.

“Familiars? What’s that?” she asked, tilting her head to the side.

“They are humans who work for vampires. They have a small mark of the vampire, it looks like a tattoo to regular people.” Clyde answered.

“Soo…basically anyone could be a familiar?” she asked, looking around.

“Yup, any human that a vampire sees fit to serve under them is marked with a small tattoo.
Usually it’s a hieroglyphic of the vampire’s name. It’s normally located on a human’s wrist.” I informed.

“Oh…that’s new.” She mumbled.

“Well not exactly. The whole processes of familiars have been around for centuries.” Clyde added.

“So…do you guys have familiars?” she asked as she looked between the both of us.

“Nope. I don’t like the idea of a human servant. It’s so…weird.” I replied.

“Yeah, plus they always have to report back to you and want you to drink their blood and stuff like that. It’s a pain in the ass to be honest. My parent had a familiar before they died. But that was decades ago.” Clyde added. “They are also so uptight too. About the littlest things-“

“Wait uptight?” she asked.

“Umm…yeah, why?” Clyde asked.

“Its nothing…” she mumbled.

“Okay….So can we hang out with you? We can help with homework and such.” I asked.

“Umm…no, its okay. I have to do a lot of studying and such, but you can come and check up on me later if you want.” She said.

I let out a deep sigh, as did Clyde. Something didn’t feel right. Why would she reject our offer? Was their something she wasn’t telling us.

“Alright, I’ll come by later. Just make sure to keep you window open.” I said with a smile.

Twilight much” I heard Clyde mutter.