Sequel: Beautiful Daydream.
Status: Finished! Comment for sequal!

Romantic Nightmare

Chapter 34.

Xander Pov

Oh Shizz!!! She said yess!! She’e officially my girlfriend!!

Trinity and I walked to my house, hand in hand like a couple. I couldn’t stop smiling, especially when she asked me about her nickname.

“Ugh that’s something Clyde made up. The reason being is your soft and fragile, like a butterfly and when you walk, it’s almost like your floating.” I said, my smile turned into a cheesy grin.

“So you watch me when I walk?” she asked suspiciously.

“I umm…no.” I blurted out.

“Liar” she giggled as she poked my arm. “Buts that’s sweet of you to say such a thing about me. But um…I’ve never been called a butterfly before so it’ll take some getting used to.” She added.

I nodded in agreement as I opened the front door and led her inside. Clyde was sitting on the couch, a bored and blank expression was written on his face.

“Hey Xander.” He mumbled, never taking his eyes off the tv.

“Is he alright?”Trinity whispered to me.

“Yeah, he’s just bummed you didn’t want to hang out earlier. But watch this.” I said, clearing my throat. “Hey Clyde, I look whose here” I said, wrapping an arm around Trinity.

“Who-OH my!! Trinity!!” he squealed as he jumped up and hugged Trinity, along with me.

“Ugh…get off Clyde” I spat.

“I thought you didn’t want to hang out?” Clyde asked curiously.

“I uh…changed my mind.” She said with a small smile.

“Oh..cool then.” He replied.

“Hey lets go hang out in my room for a bit.”I suggested.
Clyde already had that perverted smile on his face. I shot him a glare before bringing Trinity over to my room.

“Wow…this is your room?” she asked, looking around.

“Yeah, it’s a typical teenage room. Why? Were you expecting a coffin?” I teased.

“Well yeah! And maybe some bats here and there.” She laughed.

“Sorry, I gave up coffins a century ago.” I said, sitting on my bed.

“Really? You actually slept in a coffin!!” she asked, her eyes nearly popped out.

“Yup..for at least a century, then Clyde’s parents decided to get a regular bed for us.” I replied, turning on my stereo.

“Ugh! Mom and Dad won’t be home for another two days because of that stupid business trip!” Clyde complained as he waltzed into my room.

“That’s good, we don’t have to worry them about our situation.” I informed.

“So um…about those familiars..”Trinity stated. “What happens if you manage to find one?” she asked as she bit her lip.

Clyde and I looked over to each other. That was a simple question.

“Well, we would interrogate them, and force them to tell us who they work for.” I said.

“And afterwards?” she asked.

“Well, that depends. If the familiar is a threat to either you or Clyde and I, then we would have to-“

“We would have to tie him up so he would hurt anyone.” Clyde cut in. I looked over him and he gave me the look.

“Why do you want to know?” I asked curiously.

“I…I…” she hesitated.

“Trinity? Is there something your not telling us?” Clyde asked.

“I…I um…” her eyes shifted side to side, her hands began to shake.

something is not right…

Just then the door bell rang, followed by someone banging on the door like a mad man.

“I’ll answer it” Clyde said as he walked out of my room. Trinity and I followed him, I made sure Trinity was behind me.

Whoever was at the door banged even harder, cursing and other profanities were heard.

“Don’t open it..” I heard Trinity mutter.

Too late, Clyde already opened the door to reviel Trinity’s father.

“Oh, Mr. Skye…can I help you?” Clyde asked politely.

“Where the fuck is she?! Where is that little tramp!” he yelled.

Clyde was unmoved by his words, but I sensed his body stiffened. “Sir, I don’t appreciate you coming to my house, yelling at me, and using such profanities. Now, lets settle this like-“

“Shut the fuck up blondie! Where the fuck is my daughter!” Mr. Skye yelled.

Big Mistake. Out of all the names you can call Clyde, Blondie was the one he hated the most.

“I want my daughter here right now!” Mr. Skye yelled as he pointed a finger at Clyde’s face.

That’s when I saw it, the mark.

It was as clear as day on his wrist.

Mr. Skye didn’t know what hit him as Clyde grabbed him by his collar and slammed him against the wall.

“NO!! Please don’t hurt him!!” Trinity screamed as she ran over and attempted to pull back Clyde’s arm. ‘Please…don’t kill him..” she added, tears fell from her eyes.

Mr. Skye was breathing hard, fury was emitting from his eyes. Clyde on the other hand, was pissed off and confused, as was I.

“Who do you work for! And you better say the truth” Clyde hissed as he pushed Mr. Skye harder into the wall.

“Please Clyde! Don’t hurt him!” Trinity begged.

“Xander, interrogate him. I don’t have the energy like you do” Clyde ordered. I didn’t have to hesitate as I walked over and looked at Mr. Skye.

He shifted uncomfortably but never took his eyes off of me. I kept a steady gaze, my eyes narrowed at I focused on him.

“Now…Mr. Skye, relax” I said, my tone was much more different, it was more sinister, yet casual. I was using what vampires call compulsion. It tricks the human mind and makes them basically puppets under the vampires will. I hate using it, but I had no choice.

Mr. Skye suddenly went limp; his eyes looked like he was in a dream state.

“What did you do to him!” Trinity asked.

“He’s alright Trinity…” I said, never taking my eyes off of him. “Now…lets start over. Where did you get that mark on your wrist, and tell the truth.” I said, staring deeply at him.

“I…I…was coming home from work, when this man approached me…” Mr. Skye slurred a bit on his words. I had to focus harder to keep him awake. “And…he attacked me. Next thing I knew, I had this tattoo on my wrist…”

“You’re not telling me everything.” I stated. “Tell the truth.”

Mr. Skye let out a whimper; this compulsion was really starting to wear him down. “That man…he promised I could see her again…my wife…he promised…”

“Who was that man?” I asked.

He looked me dead in the eye and slightly smiled. “It was you…or at least he looked like you, except he was much older…” he whispered.

I broke the compulsion and Mr. Skye slid down to the floor. Trinity ran to his side, holding him close. I just stood there, speechless.

“Xander…you don’t think..”

“I know Clyde…its him.” I whispered.

after all these centuries…your actually alive…