Sequel: Beautiful Daydream.
Status: Finished! Comment for sequal!

Romantic Nightmare

Chapter 40.

Xander Pov

I’m fighting, fighting for life. This control over my body was like a poison. It’s eating me away. I’m screaming, yelling, begging to stop but my father’s voice was clear as day in my head.

Kill them…kill them both…

Kill them? Kill who? Who are you going to make me kill? Trinity! Clyde! No! No I won’t I can’t. I love them both.

Trinity…I can see her.

She’s crying.

I’m hurting her.

I forced my body to stop and it did, but only for a second before I was thrown back into the darkness. I won’t allow this to happen. The look on Trinity’s face was enough to let me know she was in pain.

I watched as I picked her up and threw her against the wall, I heard a crack from her leg. I couldn’t believe this was happening. I couldn’t believe I was going to kill the girl I love.

“Xander..When we are gone, don’t be mad you didn’t mean to” she said out loud.

No, I don’t want to kill her. I love her damnit, please Xander stop fucking moving. STOP!
Damnit!”

You will submit to my command Xander…kill her.

My father’s voice was echoing inside my brain. I ignored it, every part of it. I hated him for making me do this. I’m still fighting; my body is reacting to my battle. The monster in me wants to kill her, but the other me, then real me, wants to save her.

“Clyde and I love you..” she said.

“Clyde..” I whispered. I can hear her, I want to save her. I need to save her, form myself.

YOU WILL SUBMIT TO MY COMMAND

I heard my father scream in my head. It was an ear piercing cry, but it was enough to let me know what was going on.

“Xander please come back to me..” she whispered.

Reality snapped in. I was myself again. I had full control of my body. Was this compulsion over? I didn’t know but when I saw clearly, I was horrified.

“Trinity! Trinity what happened?!” I asked as I ran over to her and picked her up. her body was limp upon mine.

Submit!

My father’s demanding tone took over once again. The monster in me pushed me aside and wrapped his hands around Trinity’s fragile neck. I was squeezing tight, but not enough to kill her. I was fighting again.

You will kill her. Crush her neck! Do IT !

My father’s voice was becoming annoying. I had enough of this.

Fuck you dad! I’m not killing her!

I was screaming at him in my head. I knew he heard me. My body tensed up, that’s when I knew the control over me was weakening.

How dare you! Submit to my command! Kill her! Kill her!

No! I won’t. I’m not a monster. I will never listen to you, NEVER. You can just kiss my undead ass!

I was wining the fight. My father was losing control over me. I was having the upper hand, I was the top vampire in this fight.

Who do you think you are! I am your father damnit! Submit to my order or die!

I chuckled at his words.

I am Xander Anthony Morgue. My father died a long time ago. Your nothing but a empty shell. Oh and news flash smart ass! How can you kill something that is already dead? This conversation is over. Get the fuck out of my head and out of my fucking life!

A smile grew on my lips. My body felt lighter, my head was much clearer. I had won this fight.
I had won the battle inside me. I had tamed the monster and banished another. I’m back. Xander Morgue is back.

“Xander..” I heard Trinity whimper. I blinked my eyes and saw my hands were still around her neck.

“Trinity!” I shouted, removing my hands and placing them around her waist. “Trinity are you alright! Please say something!” I begged.

“Xander…I…I can’t stand..” she said, tears fell from her eyes. “I’m so glad your back…I love you so much..” she whispered lightly.

“No Trinity, please…don’t go to sleep. I’ll get help, I promise.” My voice was hollow, my throat hurt a lot.

“Clyde...go help Clyde…he needs you.” She said.

I turned my head over and saw Clyde lying in a pool of his own blood. His hand was clutched to his stomach. It looked like a gunshot wound.

I dragged Trinity over to Clyde and leaned her against the wreckage. Wait a minute? Why the hell is my car inside the club? And who the hell smashed it against the wall!

“Ugh…please Xander, help him.” Trinity begged.

I ran over to Clyde and kneeled down to him. He looked like he was in pretty bad shape. I thought of the blood bags, but the car was so messed up, it would take at least twenty minutes just to rip through the steel and find them.

I had no choice but the give Clyde blood the old fashion way. I brought my wrist up to my lips and bit into the vein. I immediately brought it down onto his lips. “Drink Clyde! Damnit drink the blood! Please!!” I was on the verge of tears.

Clyde Pov.

Sometime in the past

It was like reliving the past. I was in a meadow, it was dark and gloomy. It had just rained, and the smell of oak was embracing. Xander, only a few feet tall, with shirt black hair, was sitting upon a rock. I was standing, looking at him. We were so young.

“Xander? What would you do if I lay dying in a pool of blood?” I asked.

“I don’t know, maybe give you some of my blood? Wait, does it even work like that?” he asked, his innocent red eyes searched for an answer.

“Yeah! My mom said if you or I were to be really hurt! We can give each other our blood! After all we are related in some way. My mom is your mom’s sister after all.” I said, my bright blue eyes beamed with excitement.

“Okay, if you or I are ever hurt, then we’ll give each other blood! I bet you will be the first to
get hurt! You’re so clumsy!” Xander laughed.


“Alright then! That’s a promise!” I replied.

That was so long ago. But for some reason that memory was important to me. That meadow, the smell, the blood promise we made. Just thinking of blood, I could taste it. No I seriously can taste blood in my mouth. It wasn’t my blood it was…

“Xander..” I whsispered. My throat was rough.

“Oh thank goodness! You’re alive!” Xander breathed.

“Xander…what happened to you.” I said; my eyes slowly opened. I saw Xander, and he was back to his senses. I then looked over to Trinity, she didn’t look so good. “What did you do to her?” My tone was dark, much clearer.

“I…I didn’t kill her. I managed to gain control before I was about to. I swear!” he said defensively. I believed him. He was crazy in love with this girl.

“So…what do we do now?” I asked, sitting up. I cringed to the sight of my own blood stain on my favorite shirt. The bullet hole was closed, but the blood everywhere was just plain messy.

Xander looked over to Trinity, as did I. she was breathing lightly, but I knew she was hurt and she needed medical help.

“We need to take her to the hospital.”

“And what about your father?” I asked.

Xander’s eyes darkened. I was afraid he was going to go all crazy on me again. But instead he let out a sigh. “We fight another day. We need to plan things out. We need more help. He’s gone now. I told him off. He’s weak though. Did something happen with the car and my father?” he asked suspiciously.

“Yeah I hit your dad with the car.” I replied Bluntly.

Xander’s face went blank. I wanted to laugh at it.

“well, lets get going. Trinity needs help.” He said, walking over to Trinity.

I got up and whined as I felt blood trail down my abs. It was sooo nasty!
Xander carefully picked up Trinity and we both left. We made it back to the hospital, but I couldn’t enter due to the fact I was cover in blood.

“Xander…what should we tell her?” I asked.

Xander looked down to Trinity. I could see love in that boy’s eye. “I don’t know Clyde. What do I tell her? What can I say to her?” he asked.

I let out a deep sight and looked up to the night’s sky. We have come this far and nearly died. Xander had finally found his true love. To be honest I was jealous. But at the same time I was happy for him. But the one thing I fear is that Xander might not be able to control the compulsion and he might end up killing his true love.

“Xander you are dangerous around her. By vampire law, we cannot interact in relationships with humans. As romantic as dating a vampire sounds, it nothing more than a romantic nightmare.”

“So what are you saying?” he asked, looking over to me.

I let out sigh and told him point blank what we have to do.

“We need to work on your blood urges and your control over you compulsion. Until then, we don’t say anything to her. If I had enough energy I could erase the memory of this night away, you know I can do that.” I informed.

“No…she knows too much. Let her keep those memories. But Clyde, will she forgive me?” he asked.

It nearly broke my heart when he asked me that. “I don’t know…you did break her leg.” I said.

“But…” he couldn’t say anymore. He was done.

“I’ll wait out here. Hurry up though. The sun will be rising and I’m in no condition to be out when that happens.” I said.

Xander slowly nodded as he ran off into the hospital’s emergency room. I managed to walk over and lean against the cold brick wall. Tonight was a bad night, and I don’t know what waits for us tomorrow, but I do know one thing.

Mr. Morgue will pay for his sins.

He will pay with his blood.

Xander is much stronger than his father.

But will he have to rely on the inner monster to kill his own father?

May faith save us all.