Sequel: Beautiful Daydream.
Status: Finished! Comment for sequal!

Romantic Nightmare

Chapter 48.

Xander Pov

“Dude, I seriously cannot believe we are going bowling.” Clyde muttered.

“Clyde, stop bitching and help me adjust this seat.” I said, pushing the back seat down. Annie was helping Trinity out of the house.

“But Xander!! What am I supposed to do! Ugh I hate bowling.” He complained.

“Clyde we are doing this for Trinity. So stop your bitching and get in the car.” I hissed. I was no mood to hear him complain about bowling again.

“Oh we are so going to whoop your butts in bowling!” Annie beamed as she helped Trinity into the car. Clyde rolled his eyes as he got into the passenger side.

“We’ll see about that.” I chuckled.

We made it to the bowling alley, and to our surprise, it was nearly empty. There were a few old people here and there and when we went up to the clerk to get our shoes and assigned lane, he gave us a funny look.

“What are four teenagers doing in a bowling alley during a school day? Are you by any chance cutting?” he asked as he was handing out our shoes.

“And what if we are?” Trinity and Annie both asked.

The clerk smiled abit and shrugged. “I don’t care really, as long as your parents don’t come in here yelling. Have fun.” He said, handing over the lane ticket.

I smiled politely and walked over to our lane. It had neon lights and cool glitter everywhere. I felt like I was in a disco.

“Oh! I wanna be first!! I’m teaming up with Clyde!” Annie shouted.

Clyde let out a whimper and grumbled. “You better not make us lose.” He muttered.

Trinity and I both let out a laugh. They looked so funny together. “Alright Xander, that makes us partners. “ Trintiy informed.

So the four of us started our first game, Annie went first, and missed the pin horribly. Clyde went second and automatically got a strike. Trinity went third, but due to her leg, I had to help her.

“Xander don’t drop the ball on me!” Trinity warned. I was hold her firmly, my arm was wrapped around her waist and I could practically smell her hair.

“Don’t worry Trinity, I won’t.” I said, holding her hand.

“Oh-LALA!!!” Annie shouted. Clyde chuckled behind her. The both of them were getting a good laugh out of this.

Trinity rolled the ball and it managed to knock down some pins. “Ahh damn….” She muttered.

Next was my turn. After sitting Trinity down, I picked up the ball and rolled it down the lane. I got a strike as usual.

We continued to play some more, then the girls decided they were hungry. As a gentleman I got up and walked over to the food court to order a large pizza. For some odd reason, Annie deiced to join me.

“So Xander, tell me about yourself.” Annie asked as she twirled her finger through her hair. “Is it true you’re from California? I heard so many great things about that place.” She added.

“Umm, yeah, I am.” I replied. “It’s a nice place. Always sunny.” I added.

“Oh…can I ask you something? Why are you and Clyde so pale? Are you two anemic?” she asked bluntly.

“No, we are just born that way.” I replied. Her questions were starting to annoy me.

“Okay…so, have you and Trinity?...Ya know…”

“No we haven’t. I won’t touch her unless she gives me her permission.” I spat. “What are you getting at?” I asked.

Annie giggled abit and shrugged. “I just want to know what Trinity see’s in you. I mean you aren’t the most approachable guy in school, then again when your little butterfly moved in she-“

“How do you know that name?” I asked. I never told her that neither has Clyde.

“Oh umm…Trinity told me about it. I think it’s cute and all. Hey do you think Clyde will give me a nickname?” she asked.

I gave her a good stare. She was acting strange; then again she was always so weird. “No, he probably won’t, unless you get on his good side.” I said, looking over to the pizza.

“And how do I do that?” she asked, her tone was slightly seductive.

I gave her a weird look, paid for the pizza and replied. “I don’t know, go try him.”

“Hey hurry up with the pizza! We are hungry!” Trinity and Clyde called out.