Status: Active

Let's Stay Awake Under the Stars

Disney

Alex’s P.O.V.

We’d just arrived in Disney. We paid for the tickets and as soon as we were in the park everyone ran off in a different direction. We’d agreed to meet up here in an hour and spend the rest of the day together, which was fine with me, I really wanted to spend some time with Kaycee, alone.

I turned to find her but she wasn’t there. “Hey where’s….” I wasn’t finished or I saw her. She was with Matt, their hands locked, probably running off to one of the many rides in the park. A flash of jealously ran through me when I noticed Kaycee’s smile and the fact they were holding hands.

“Yo! Alex. Hello… Earth to Alex.” Jack waved his hand in front of my face in order to get my attention. “Hmm, what?” I snap out of my thoughts. “You’re gonna stand here all day or what? Come on!” He said and pulled we with him. “But... I… She… We…. Kaycee is….” I protested. “She’s with Matt, don’t worry. She’s fine.” He reassured me and continued to pull me in the opposite direction of which Kaycee was going.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

After about 40 minutes of running after Jack I was getting more and more annoyed. “You’re still pissed Kaycee is with Matt?” Jack asked. “No.” I huffed. “Yes, you are.” Jack said in a teasing voice. “I seriously don’t get you. You really wanna spend time with some girl instead of with your best friend? I’m hurt.” Jack fake cried. “She’s not just some girl Jack.” I said defensively. “She’s really sweet and funny and a good friend. I like spending time with her.”

Jack frowned. “Sure whatever. Oh hey look, it’s Snow White, let’s take a picture.” I followed him slowly, still moping a little. Of course Jack wouldn’t understand. He and Kaycee somehow never got along, they didn’t hate each other or something (I think they both are actually physically incapable of hating someone), but they also weren’t really friends. Jack thought Kaycee was too shy and quiet and Kaycee found Jack way to hyper for her liking.

“Alex!” I looked up when a familiar voice shouted my name. When I looked up I saw Kaycee and Matt coming my way. “Hey, having fun?” She asked. “Yeah, I guess. Jack has disappeared, again.” “Don’t worry.” Matt chuckled. “He always comes back.” I laughed, but somehow it didn’t sound right.

“So what have you two been up to? I wanted to ask you to come with me, but you ran off with Matt.” I tried to sound casually, but I’m sure a little bit of the jealousy I was feeling came through. “Oh I’m sorry Alex. It’s just that we’re both big fans of Mickey and we agreed to go look for him together. I didn’t know you wanted to go with me.”

“It’s cool.” I said, my eyes not locked on their still intertwined hands. Kaycee seemed to noticed this and immediately pulled her hand from Matt’s grasp, running it through her hair so it wouldn’t look like she was doing it because of me. Matt however didn’t seem to notice the awkwardness of the situation.

“Hey maybe we can go together from here.” He suggested and looked at his watch. I texted the rest, we’re meeting them at one of the restaurants in 15minutes. We’d better go find Jack.” I was about to agree when Jack jumped on my back. “Don’t worry, I’m here.” He shouted.

“Get off me you!” I shouted back, laughing. “Fine.” He pouted and did as I said. “Let’s go I’m starving.” Matt said. I wanted to take Kaycee’s hand, but Matt beat me too it. I watched them walk away. Kaycee turned around quickly and mouthed a ‘sorry’. I sighed.

“You do remember you have a girlfriend right?” Jack teased. “What? Of course! Why would you ask that?” “Maybe because everyone can see you like Kaycee way more than just a friend, well everyone, but her of course.” He smirked. “What!? That’s insane! She’s just a really close friend. I don’t have a crush on her. And even if I did it’s kinda obvious she doesn’t like feel about me that way.” I motioned in the direction she and Matt had disappeared in.

“I never said you have a crush on her.” Jack grinned. “You’re in love with her.” “I’m not in lo….” I started to say, but Jack was already gone. “Alex is in loveeee. Alex is in loveeee.” He sang, skipping around the park.

I mumbled a couple of not so nice things about my best friend under my breath.

I wasn’t in love with Kaycee. Right? No, that’s ridiculous. I mean I love her, as a friend, but in love, no, that would be too weird.

And besides, even if I was in love with her I wouldn’t act on it, because she deserved someone better than me…..
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is so short, but I'm in the middle of my exams :(
Hope you all like it. Please comment, it makes us update faster :)

Love, Felicia