Status: The sequel is up :)

Let It Shine

Chapter 30: Sparks

Kiara's POV

We are all getting ready for the party. I have a feeling tonight is going to be a fun night. After I finished getting ready I called Mina and told her to come to my house and from there we leave. Yesterday after she ran out I caught up to her and made her talk to me. She was just really embarrassed about everything and felt uncomfortable. Turns out Zach was her first kiss and she felt even more embarrassed. I told her it doesn't matter and that it’s better that her first kiss was with Zach and not some jerk. I asked her if she liked Zach and she told me no, that she had a crush on him but now she feel awkward and after the kiss she realized that they could only friends and she was ok with that. Anyway she came to my house wearing black jeans and a very cute shirt, she looks so girly especially with her hair curled. I didn't dress as girly as her but I say we both look pretty hot.

Mina and I arrived at the party to find Cam and Zach dressed similar; they both had black jeans and button down shirts but Zach's white and Cam's black. Later Nate came looking pretty good too. I went to get a drink and Zach came up to me with Micheal and some girl.

"Dude this house is HUGE" Michael said

"Yeah the owners are rich" Zach said

"Hi I'm Kira" I said introducing myself to the girl.

"I'm Rebecca, I came with Michael" she said. Rebecca and I made small talk while Zach and Micheal talked.

"Ice!" Mina shouted coming up to Michael

"Smiley!" he said hugging her. Those two only met yesterday and they act as if they've known each other for years. I think Mina is the only one who calls him Ice haha.

"Mina this is Rebecca, Rebecca this is Mina" Michael said introducing them.

I went over and talked to some friends when Vanessa came up to me.

"Hey there, do you know where Zach is?" she asked

"Nope" I said. I don't like her, she seems so fake. I will not let her get with Zach.

"How do you not know where he is?" Vanessa asked annoyed

"I'm his best friend not his mom" I said. I went to go dance before she had a chance to say anything else.

Michael's POV

I saw Rebecca earlier today, that's when I asked her to come to the party with me. I've had a crush on her for a while so I decided it was finally time to step up my game and it worked because I now have a beautiful girl next to me. Zach stayed with us for a while and introduced us to some people then he left us alone smirking at me as he left. Rebecca and I had a few drinks and then we danced. As we were dancing we bumped into Kira.

"Why hello there" Kira said

"Hello, I see you got the dance moves" I said

"I'd say the same" Kira said

"Who are you looking for?" I asked

"Zach" Kira said looking around and dancing at the same time.

"I saw him with a girl" Rebecca said

"Great, I bet it's Vanessa" Kira said annoyed

"Is that a bad thing?" I asked

"I don't like her and I don't want her anywhere near Zach" Kira said. Kira left to go look for Zach and get him away from the evil monster.

I really like her, I think I should ask her to be my girl. We went outside to the pool area and that’s where I asked the question.

"Rebecca" I started

"Yeah" she said looking at me

"Do you want to be my girlfriend?" I asked

"Yes, I thought this day would never come" she said and kissed me. This girl doesn't hold back and I like it.

Cameron's POV

This party is fun. I was with Nate for a while then I wondered off. This house is incredible, inside and out. I went to grab a drink and Taylor came up to me.

"Hi Cameron" Taylor said

"Hi Taylor" I said

"Enjoying the party?" she asked

"Yeah I am, it's a fun party" I said

"That’s cool... So wanna dance?" she asked

"No thanks, I don't really like to dance" I said. Her friend came up to her dragging her away saying she had to show her something. It's not like I wanted to talk to her anyway, she is mean.

I went out to the pool and saw Michael kissing with Rebecca so I left them alone. Some people where in the pool getting drunk, some being rude, some making out so I decided to go back inside. I went inside to see Taylor and Zach arguing. I felt bad for him. One time when his parents were out for the weekend I stayed over at his house and Zach wouldn't stop itching, turns out Taylor had put itching powder all over his cloths. As I watched them argue, behind them came down a beautiful girl. All my attention went to her. I couldn't look away from her, she is like a magnet to my eyes. She walked down the staircase like a movie star, a princess. She was the prettiest girl in this party. That girl is Tori. The more I thought about it the more impossible it felt for me to ever get a chance with her. Tori is so out of my league. Honestly I don't think anyone is good enough for her, especially her boyfriend. He may be popular but he is dumb and a jerk to most people. She is in only one of my classes but I never had the courage to talk to her incase I do something stupid.

"Cam, Cam, Cameron!" Mina yelled in my face

"Oh what?" I asked

"You like her don't you?" Mina asked but I notice she was seriously asking not mocking me.

"What? Why would you ask that?" I asked

"It's a bit obvious, besides the fact that you keep starring at her" Mina said

"Oh gosh how embarrassing" I said

"No it's cute" Mina said smiling at me, "Why don't you go talk to her?"

"She has a boyfriend" I said

"I said talk to her not to go make out with her or something besides her having a boyfriend doesn't mean you can't talk to her. You're a fun guy Cameron I'm sure once she talks with you she will want to keep talking to her besides keeping quiet doesn't get you anywhere" Mina said

"Why don't you listen to your own advice?" I asked

"What do you mean?" she asked confused

"I mean about Alex, you like him, why didn't you become friends with him?" I asked and her eyes got big

"What!?" she asked in disbelief

"Besides I understand a bit of Spanish and I picked up a few words from what you told Kira" I said

"I'm better at giving advice not using it myself" she said

"Well you should" I said

"I'm through with Alex, he is stupid and dumb and a liar and... and... he is not worth my time" Mina said and I noticed her getting a bit mad as I brought him up, maybe that wasn't such a good idea.

"Yeah he was a stupid not to talk to you being such an awesome girl. You deserve better" I said

"Thanks Cam" she said.

I turned to see Taylor talking to Tori then Tori nodding her head. I wonder what that was about? Mina and I went to go fine Nate. When we found him the music stopped.

"Attention everyone!" Tori said, "someone here has a video to show everyone and would like everyone to see it"

"I wonder what that video is about?" Nate asked. Just as he asked the TV turned on and the first thing I saw was a message "This is a video of Zach Porter making a fool of himself" At first it showed embarrassing pictures then it went to Zach singing but it sounded weird and bad. I think it was auto tuned because I know Zach doesn't sing like that. He was singing What I've Done. In the video when Zach was singing the background was decorated in a girly way all pink and princessy

"Zach why don't you sing for us, we'll even lend you a crown" Kenny said. Everyone laughed and I saw Zach go out the door. Mina, Nate, and I chased after him. We found him sitting in the curb in the corner of the street.

Zach's POV

Everything was going so fine. Hanging out with all my different friends, I even had a few drinks. I was with Vanessa when the video played, she was trying to convince me to dance. When the video played I froze, there where pictures I wish people didn't see. The part of me singing was all wrong! That wasn't even my voice! I looked so ridiculous! It was horrible, everyone was laughing at me. I have never felt this humiliated in my life. I left the party and sat on the curb with my head down. I heard footsteps but I didn't turn.

"Zach" Cam said touching my shoulder.

"What Cam!? I want to be alone!" I snapped

"Zach we're here for you" Mina said softly

"Yeah I know but I want to be alone" I said

"That will never happen because we are your friends and friends don't leave their friends alone" Nate said

"I'm going to go get Kira so we can leave" Mina said

"I'm sorry about that" Megan said sitting next to me

"Yeah sure, you probably came so you can get a good laugh at me" I said

"Zach I didn't come here to make fun of you" Megan said

"Guys Kira!" Mina came back shouting

"What about her?" Nate asked

"She's in a fight" Mina answered. I jumped up and we all went back to the party for her. I saw Kira on top of Taylor punching her hard. Mikey was trying to get her off of Taylor.

"Kira stop, let’s go!" I yelled at her

"No Zach, she needs to pay! I know it was her, I know it!" Kira yelled punching her

"Dude let them fight!" a guy yelled out. I ignored him and helped Mikey pull Kira off Taylor. Taylor had a bloody nose and a busted lip, Kira had a small bruise forming on her face.

"Mikey, you can stay, we're leaving" I said then started dragging Kira out while she told Taylor off

"Naw man I'm out, let’s go" Mikey said and Rebecca followed

"Zach you need a girl to solve your problems for you!?" Taylor called out

"Shut up Taylor, I'm not the one hiding behind fake videos!" I yelled back

"Sure it was fake, it looked like you were enjoying yourself!" Kenny shouted. I ignored him but before I opened the door I was stopped.

"I didn't want that to happen, I'm sorry" Tori said

"Yeah sure" I said sarcastically

"I'm serious, I may be rich but I'm not heartless and am not mean" Tori said

"Fine I believe you but I gotta go" I said and walked

"Wait Zach, can I go with you?" Megan asked. She is Taylor’s best friend I don't know what know why she wants to be with me but whatever.

"If you wanna come sure" I said "Who wants a ride?" Mikey asked

“Me!” Mina and Nate said at the same time. They left and Cam, Kira, Megan, and I walked home.

“Zach I’m mad. I’m mad at you and at Taylor” Kira said after a 10 minute silence

“Why me?” I asked

“Because you didn’t let me beat her up” Kira said and then looked at Megan, “I know she’s your best friend but she had it coming”

“Yeah I know she deserved it” Megan said

“Shouldn’t you be defending her since she is your best friend?” Cam asked

“She’s not my best friend… well anymore. Last year Taylor, Vanessa, and I were best friends but they have been annoying me so I guess Vanessa is her best friend” Megan said

“That explains a lot” Kira said

“Gosh I feel bad” I said

“Why?” they all asked at the same time

“Because of the video?” Kira asked

“No, well yes but that’s not why” I said

“Then why?” Cam asked

“Because you guys were all having a great time and I ruined it, I should have left by myself” I said

“No you didn’t ruin anything besides I was going to ruin your fun” Kira said

“What, why?” I asked

“Because you were with Vanessa” Kira said glaring at me

“Soo what about that?” I asked

“I don’t like her Zach” Kira said

“So just because you don’t like someone you’re not going to let them hangout with me?” I asked

“No, it’s not that, I don’t like her. She is mean and fake. Zach she likes you and I am NOT going to let her get with you” Kira said. I stayed quiet, I didn’t know what to say. I don’t even like Vanessa, she was annoying me earlier wanting me to dance with her. My life right now is perfect; an annoying girl likes me, I just got humiliated, and now Kira is all overprotective. Great!

“So…” Cam said breaking the awkward silence

“Cam are you going home or coming over to my house?” I asked. We still had like a 20 minute walk left.

“Is it fine if I stay over at your house?” Cam asked

“Yeah sure” I said

“We can have our own mini party” Kira said

“Hmm kay” I said

“I wonder if they got there already?” Cam asked

“I think they did” Kira said

“Guess what Mikey did when I brought him over to my house?” I asked

“What?” they all asked

“He flirted with my mom” I said chuckling

“What!?” Cam exclaimed

“It was hilarious” I said laughing

“Your friend hits on your mom and your laughing?” Kira questioned

“Yeah it was funny; my mom started to play along with him and my dad started getting mad” I said laughing a lot more now

“Did your dad tell them anything?” Megan asked

“No, either he got really mad or he realized they were only messing around” I said

I walked in my house and everyone was in the living room. Rebecca wasn’t there so I guess Mikey took her home.

“You guys just got back from a party right?” Mom asked

“Yeah” Cam said

“Then Zach why so serious?” Mom asked

“Long walk” I said and she gave me the I-know-your-lying look but didn’t say anything

“Zach!” Vic yelled from upstairs

“What!?” I yelled back

“I just got a link of a video about you!” he yelled back at me. My face tightened then I ran up to his room

“Never and I mean NEVER look at that video ever again!” I yelled at him

“OKAY okay, relax!” he yelled back and I left to my room. I sank into my chair and closed my eyes trying to calm myself

“Zach relax-” Kira was saying

“That’s what I’m trying to do” I snapped. Ok I can’t take my anger out on them, they don’t deserve that.

“I know that video isn’t real” Megan said

“Well of course you do, you were there” I said

“I was there too, if you want I can go back to that party and tell them off” Mikey said

“No just forget it” I said

“Wait wait wait, when did all this happen?” Kira asked

“Yesterday” Mikey answered her

“Yeah at Lucy’s” Megan said

“You sang at Lucy’s?” Cam asked

“Yeah for a while now, that’s where I met Mr. Swag here” I said pointing at him

“Secret life bye bye” Mikey said and I laughed

"Yop, no more secret life, it was fun while it lasted" I said

"Why that song? I didn’t know you liked Linkin Park?" Mina questioned

"I like a few songs and I sand it because I remembered you had sang it" I said

"Well that explains Fridays" Nate said

"Hey I know what you should do to Taylor" Mikey said

"What?" Kira asked urgently

"Well first we have revenge then you get in her face and say; roses are red, crows are black, this is how it feels to get stabbed in the back" Mikey said and we all laughed at his little poem.

"I will think of a revenge and we must say that little poem at the end" Kira said.

Mina and Nate were looking through my cds, they finally choose one and played it causing everyone to get up and dance. After the cd finished I plugged in Mina's IPod. We were all having so much fun laughung and dancing but all stopped what we were doing because a weird song came out.

"What are we listening to?" Mikey asked

"It's an Italian song" Mina said

"You listen to Italian music?" Cam asked

"No, that’s the only song and before you ask, I have no idea what it says but my guess is something about love because of the name on the song" Mina said

"What’s the name of the song?" Megan asked

"L' Amore" Mina answered

"Cool, so how did you hear that song?" I asked

"My cousin sent me the video saying the song was awesome and- I'm going to shut up now" Mina said

"No, what were you going to say?" Nate asked

"No you guys don't need to know that part" Mina said

"Why not?" Cam asked rising an eyebrow

"Fine I'll tell you. That the guys were cute" Mina said blushing

"Were they?" Kira asked and Mina nodded.

After that we kept on going with our mini party. Megan seems like a nice girl. She looks at me when I talk, she is fun and she is nice to my friends. I'm not sure but I think I'm starting to like her…
♠ ♠ ♠
that poem that michael said was actually from this radio station i listen to, the carmen prank call lol

thank you sooo much for reading and subscribing :)