Status: The sequel is up :)

Let It Shine

Chapter 32: A Lazy Day

Kiara's POV

Christmas and New Years had just passed. For Christmas my family went over to Cam's house, there I met some of his cousins and we all had a great time. Yesterday was New Years and this time Cam's family came over to my house. We had a cookout in my backyard and waited together for the new year. I made my 12 wished and I really hope they come true.

Cam came over to my house around 12 then we went on a walk on the beach. We messed around at the beach then stopped by this sandwich stand. After that we had a mimi movie marathon but stopped because we got bored.

"Kiara I need you to help me clean up and then to go clean your room" my mom said

"Fine" I said

"Ok hurry up remember we have family coming over" my mom said before going back to what she was doing.

"I'll go home and leave you to your stuff" Cam said

"I'll call you later" I said and he left.

I cleaned up around the house and my room just like my mom asked but I took the longest time ever doing everything. I just felt so lazy, I didn't want to do anything much less clean. At least I get to see my baby cousin.

I went over to Cam's house, stayed there for a while and then we whent to my house. When we got there we saw Zach's car.

"Well apparently Zach is here" Cam said

"I'm gonna go get him, wait in the house" I said and ran across to Zach's house.

"Zach said he didn't want anyone to bother him" Kristen said

"It's Kira we're talking about, if there is one person Zach doesn't care if they bother him it’s her" Vic told Kristen

"But he said-" Kristen argued

"Like I said; it's Kira we're talking about, he won’t care if it's here" Vic said.

I opened the door to Zach's room to see him laying on his bed about to fall asleep. I ran and jumped on his bed.

"Surprise!" I shouted

"I'm sleepy" he mumbled "C'mon Zach, you can't go to sleep, you have to come to my house" I said

"How about later" he suggested with his eyes closed.

"No, c'mon please come" I pleaded

"I had... a long... drive... I'm really tired... I hardly slept... just a... little nap" he said falling asleep.

"Zach just- Zach are you sleeping?" I asked shaking him lightly and he opened his eyes.

"Fine" he said getting up. The moment he got to my house he sat on the couch.

"Hey Zach" Cam said

"Hey" Zach said

"So how was it, did you enjoy yourself?" Cam asked

"Yeah" Zach said

"How was last night?" Cam asked

"Fun" Zach mumbled

"What’s with the one word answers?" Cam asked

"Tired" Zach said.

I brought cookies and chips. Cam and I ate a lot, Zach not so much.

"Soo... Zach did you have your New Years kiss?" Cam asked

"No" Zach said

"Why not?" Cam asked

"Maybe because my girlfriend was here" Zach said

"Oh that’s right, I forgot you had a girlfriend hehe" Cam said

"What do you guys wanna do?" I asked

"Don't know" Zach said

"Zach I think I'm going to unleash the tickle monster" I said tickling him lightly under his chin.

"No," he mumbled, "stop"

"Kira, come!" my mom called. She wanted me to help her with something real quick. I got back to the living room to find Zach sleeping with his head in an awkward position.

"I guess he really was tired, I should have left him alone" I said.

A few minutes my aunt and uncle arrived and my mom came down stairs to greet them. We all hugged and everything and I introduced Cam to everyone and vice versa.

"Sweety, is Zach sleeping?" my mom asked looking at him causing everyone to look at his direction.

"Yeah, he had a long day" I said. Cam and I stayed with my baby cousin, Carlie. She is so cute, it makes you want to hug her tight and never let go.

"Your cousin is so cute" Cam said as I played with her. I played with her a little more before she started crying.

"Cam, she's crying. What do I do!" I asked panicked

"Let me hold her" Cam said

"I don't think she will like you to hold her" I said

"Just let me see her" Cam demanded and I handed him Carlie

"Hey cutie" Cam said tickling her stomach.

"I think that will make her cry even more" I said. Just as I said that she slowly started to stop crying and started laughing.

"Wow Cam how come she cried with you and not me?" I asked in disbelief

"Maybe because she likes me better" Cam said as he stopped tickling. Cam kept playing with her and she was laughing the whole time. She must really like him. Zach started talking in his sleep and his head fell forward.

"Should I wake him and get him to his house, I think he will be more comfortable" I said

"Leave him there, besides you know how he gets when you wake him up from a nap" Cam said. That’s true Zach will most likely get in a bad mood if you wake him from a nap than when he is normally asleep, he's a weird boy. Carlie was sitting on Cam's lap and then she started crawling away from him and started going towards Zach

"No Carlie' Zach is sleeping" I said grabbing her but she started to cry so I let her go. She crawled onto Zach's lap, then cuddled closer to him and fell asleep.

"Aww they make a cute scene" I said. They looked so cute sleeping together.

"Yeah they do" Cam said

"I wonder why she likes you guys more than me? And she hasn't even met you guys!" I said

"Because we're that awesome, Zach doesn't even have to do anything" Cam said laughing. The adults came in the living room and were surprised by Carlie.

"Those two are so picture perfect" my mom said

"Mom mom mom, take a picture" I said

"Kate's going to love this" she said running upstairs to get her camera.

"It's unbelievable that she is sleeping on him, she doesn't like strangers" my aunt said

"Well she loved Cam and Zach" I said

"Then again she always has loved to receive attention from boys. What am I going to do when she gets older haha" she said.

About a hour later Zach's mom came looking for him.

"I have to show you the cutest thing you have seen" my mom said bringing her in the living room. His mom thought that was adorable and let him sleep while she went to talk with my mom and my aunt. Zach woke up a little latter.

"Looks like I fell asleep huh" Zach said yawning and then looked down at Carlie.

"Looks like you saw your sleeping bubby" I said

"Who is she and why is she sleeping on me?" Zach asked

"She's my cousin. I really don't know why she is sleeping on you. She just crawled on your lap, and fell asleep" I explained

"Well she’s cute" Zach said smiling down at her

"And she likes us more than her" Cam told Zach

"Shut up" I said as stuck my tongue out at them.

"Mom what are you doing here?" Zach asked

"Looking for you, we got home and didn't see you so I came and looked for you here after a while" she said

"Oh" Zach said. I look Carlie off of Zach and she woke up crying

"She really doesn't like me" I said laughing. Cam took her and she stopped crying.

Cam and Zach played with her, she really loved having their attention. I didn't even know they were good with kids. Everyone watched as Carlie fought with me for the guys, I was just messing with her to see what she would do and she didn't like it. Zach and Cam were all cute with Carlie, like seriously they looked adorable. Right now Zach has her bouncing on his lap while Cam made funny faces and made her laugh and I saw Zach's mom's eyes start to water.

"Mom what’s wrong?" Zach asked concerned

"Nothing" she said

"Then why are you crying?" Zach asked

"They are happy tears. Its just- Zach seeing you now I can picture you playing with your children and seeing what a great father you will be" she said whipping a tear away

"Aww Mom" Zach said as he blushed a little

"Yes but as much as I would love to have grandchildren, that won't happen in many many years" she said smiling, "besides I want my Zach all to myself"

"Yeah Zach, no funny business with Megan" Cam said and Zach turned super red. I can't believe he said that and in front of his mom.

"I know I don't want any grandchildren anytime soon" my mom said looking at me. Ok this is starting to get awkward... My uncle and my dad walked in and that was a perfect diversion.

Zach and his mom left. I could bet anything that Zach went back to sleep. A bit later Anna came and told Cam he had to go home. Carlie was kind of sad her new friends left. I just remembered that tomorrow we go back to school. I don't want to go. Oh well...