Sentence Me to Another Life

Break.

"Hey," Brendon said somberly, unlike his perky self.

"What do you want?" I asked, rubbing my eyes. Was he trying to make me jealous or something? Seriously, Brendon. You don't need to be that immature.

Currently, I'm sitting on an empty crate in the back of the Pizza mother fucking Castle.

"You are acting like a bitch, quite frankly. What is going on?" He asked while I avoid eye contact. He cracked a grin, "Did you and Keltie break up or something?"

Pretty much.

"No. Leave me alone, now." I sneered at him. Just because Keltie is gone and doesn't want to talk to me doesn't mean we're broken up. She gets pissed off all the time, it's no big deal.

He sighed, not dramatically for once. "I'm sorry if I pissed you off or something. But you have to admit you are a bitch sometimes."

I snorted at his apology, "Yeah, and you're not an annoying kid."

Tarot cards, horoscopes, Ritalin. He isn't weird at all.

"Ryan," he stated firmly. "I am not a kid. I am less than a year older than you and can act serious when I feel the need."

"Sure you aren't."

"Shut up, move over. Let me sit down." He motioned to the crate, rolling his eyes.

I scoot over, actually letting this kid Brendon sit down.

"What's going on, Ryan?" He questioned seriously. We locked gazes for the first time in this entire conversation. I disheveled my hair, running my hands through it and essentially ruining it.

"Keltie's pretty much left me. My fuck-up dad is dying." I broke the gaze again, looking at my the wall of the building next door - some kind of clothing store. "I'm going to die alone."

I visited my dad a few days ago, he was in a hospital bed. He didn't want to talk to me when he was dying, fucking dying. No goodbyes, not even something to show any care, just a short conversation about the cost of this all and how he still wanted a drink. I got home to Keltie waiting for a cab, suitcases by her feet.

"Well, yeah. If you keep complaining about how shitty everything, you emo bitch." He laughs, punching me in the shoulder. I force a laugh, because I know he is not trying to insult me. "Don't worry, you'll find someone else. Keltie wasn't that pretty, and as for your dad, you even said he was a fuck-up."

"The gay friend is telling me that my ex-girlfriend wasn't that pretty?" I ask with a laugh.

"Fuck you, I can admire beauty." He cracked a smile. "Do you want me to give you a kiss and make it all better, now that your girlfriend has dumped your ass?"

I involuntarily held my breath, immediately looking up at him. He is joking, right? He caught my gaze and raised his eyebrows. "Um. . ."

Oh, shit. A lump formed in my throat, I'm playing with my hands.

"Ryan, look at me." He lifted my chin, my heart rate picked up. What is he doing? His eyes fluttered closed, leaning forward. I swallowed, trying to get rid of the lump in my throat, but it doesn't go away. He is leaning forward, he is going to try to kiss me.

What's the worst that could happen if I kiss him?

He is so close, really fucking close to my face right now. And I'm pretending I'm not going to like this.

His lips are touching mine right now - he is fucking kissing me. My mind doesn't know what the hell is going on, I am completely not kissing him back now.

He puts his hand on the back of my neck, his tongue is brushing my bottom lip. Before anything else can happen I shoot up on my feet. My mouth hangs open and I stare at him in shock. Why the hell did he do that?

"S-sorry!" He stuttered out, quickly putting his face in his hands. "Oh fuck."

"My break must b-be over." I tell him, backing away from the situation he created and rushing back into the Pizza Castle. I run past Spencer, who just stares after me quizzically.

Never before have I been so glad to be working.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh hey there guys.

It is night time so ~*~update~*~

Follow me on Tumblrrrrrrr.