Sentence Me to Another Life

Runaway

"Thomas." I whispered, sticking my head into the servants quarters, hoping that he was still awake. To my luck he was the only one awake, sitting on the floor, reading something by candle light.

He looked up at the sound of his name, looking slightly alarmed. He set the book down and walked towards me as silent as he could, still holding the candle.

Once close enough he whispered, "What are you doing? It's nearly midnight. What if someone saw you?"

I smiled. "It doesn't matter." I whispered back. "Come with me. I want to have a word with you."

He nodded and quietly followed me outside, making sure that no one else had woken up. The last thing he wanted was to get caught sneaking off with the prince in the middle of the night. It would cause nothing but trouble for the both of us.

"What is it?" He asked once we were alone in the garden.

I smiled and placed a kiss on his lips before speaking.

"I want you to run away with me." I said.

His eyes widened and his jaw nearly dropped.

"W-What?" He stammered out.

"I want you to run away with me." I repeated, slower this time.

"Are you serious?" He asked, still in shock.

"I wouldn't be asking if I wasn't." I responded.

"I..." He trailed off, and suddenly I became nervous. "I... Okay."

That one simple word, probably made me happier than anything in the world, just because, if I was being honest with myself, this boy probably made me happier than anything in the world, and he just agreed to elope with me, what more could a man want?

I took him in my arms, embracing him in an excited loving hug, before kissing him on the mouth once more.

"But where will we go?" He asked. "And when? What about your family? Your throne...?"

"We'll leave tomorrow." I said. "And nothing else matters. Thomas I love you, I want to spend my life with you. I'm done pretending to be something I'm not." I told him as I sat down on a bench, and invited him to do the same. "When I was little, my mom used to tell me stories of this place she visited once. She said that everyone was happy. She said that even the beggars were happy, because rather then being scolded and looked down on, they were accepted for who they were and given sympathy, as well bread from caring citizens. She said that this was the only place where people had enough faith in God to know that he loved them and accepted them no matter what. I want to go there. I want to go somewhere where I can be accepted. Where we can be accepted." I finished. He looked at me with an unreadable expression.

"I.." He started. "I love you too. And if this will make you happy, then I'm there with you every step of the way. But George, two men being together, what we're doing, it's unheard of. Even in the most loving of people, there's hate for people like us. What happens if we get there, and we have to go back into hiding? Then you would have lost everything. I'm hardly worth the risk." He told me.

"Thomas, don't say that. You're worth more than anything this place could have to offer me. If we have to go back into hiding, then we will. But it would be much easier in a small village, where I'm not always under the eye of my father. What we're doing, what we are isn't wrong. People just don't understand it. They've been brainwashed into thinking we're under the devils influence. But what you and I feel is love. Pure, unselfish love. How can anything so wonderful and pure come from the devil? It can't. Now, I have one more thing to run past you." I said.

He sighed and nodded. "Okay. What is it?"

"Will you marry me?" I asked.

This time, his jaw dropped, and his eyes were so wide, they somewhat resembled the moon.

"Did you not hear anything I just said?" He whispered in a nearly frustrated tone. "How on earth, or where rather, would we find a father willing to marry two men? That's more unheard of than, than, anything!"

"So you don't want to marry me?"

"What? No, of course I do, but it's not possible, not only are we two men, which is completely illegal, but it wouldn't be allowed anyway. Even if one of us was a woman, you're royalty, I'm a servant, it's almost just as unheard of."

"But what if I told you that I know someone who's a monk, who's exactly like us, and would be willing to do a ceremony?"

"But that goes against everything ever..."

"So?" I cut him off.

He sighed. "Alright." He said. "But how on earth do you know a monk like us?"

"My mom's brother." I said. When he was younger he was caught with one of the stable boys, so his father sent him to a monistary, keeping the whole ordeal a secret, and eventually he worked his way up. Though he still has a fondness for men. I'm sure he'd be willing to marry us."

He was silent for a minute.

"Okay." He said. "Let's do this."

I smiled and kissed him once more out of joy. "Meet me at the stable an hour before everyone has risen."
♠ ♠ ♠
wow. I'm really sorry this chapter sucks. Anyway, So, I started a story... heh. It's called
The Kids Are All Fucked Up and it has Rydon, peterick, AND Gabilliam yeeeee It's also kind of a misfits cross over so there's super powers and gayness and sex and orange jumpsuits :D Please go make me really happy and read it!!!!