Sentence Me to Another Life

Yes I Can.

Thomas was being pinned against the wall by my father. His red hair messy; eyes wide. "How dare you corrupt my son like this. I take you into my house and you betray me like this." He growled through gritted teeth. "You have no idea what you have done."

I watched from the door, trying to not be so obviously imposing. My heart wrenched at the look Thomas had plastered across his face. When my father placed his hand tightly to his shoulder, he yelped from the pressure. "It isn't my fault."

"Give me one good reason it isn't," he muttered.

"You can't help who you love."

With that, my father slapped Thomas straight across the face. His cheek reddened to the color of his hair as he gripped his face.

I stormed into the room, I could not stand this any longer. "Leave him alone." I spat at father. "Don't you have some servant you should be whipping, anyway?"


My eyes fluttered open. "What the hell?" I groaned to myself, already sick of these dreams. I rolled over to find the bed empty; Keltie was still gone.

}*{

Work was slow today, and I couldn't find anything to occupy myself with at lunch. Brendon sat down next to me before I could move; his signature grin plastered to his face. "Hey Ryan!" He greeted loudly. "Wanna do a reading?" Before I could protest, he whipped out his tarot deck.

Oh no, not these things again.

Well, maybe if I finally accept my fate he won't be so insistant.

"Sure," I replied dully. The boy always got his way, might as well not waste energy protesting.

"What on?" Brendon chirped. With a small gasp, he suggested "You should do one on a past life!"

I coouldn't help the incredulous look to appear on my face, but he didn't notice. "Okay..." Even if those tarot cards were realistic, I doubt it would know about my past life. If I even had a past life.

Muttering to himself, Brendon pulled out four cards. "Okay, so this card is for finance." He pulled out a card with coins in the picture. "Ten of disks means money, so you could have been royalty." He laughed lightly. He pulled out another card, this being one with a knight riding a horse on a gloomy day. "Look's like you had bad luck health related. Probably an early death." He pouted his lips. "For career, you got the emporer which could relate to a father." He showed me a card with a man sitting on a throne. "And for romance-" he pulled out a card. "Knight of cups. Aw, you found a sweet guy." He smiled even wider.

My eyes grew wide. "I was gay?" My nose scrunched involuntarily. Then I thought about those dreams I had; where I was most likely gay royalty and died young. That hit me like a ton of bricks in the face. I brushed those bricks off, though, with a simple 'It was only a coincidence.'

He rolled his eyes, "You say it like it is a bad thing. Idiot." His smile appeared yet again, though. "Knight of cups is a great card for romance. At least you didn't get the tower or something."

I won't even go there; he is talking in tarot speak.

"Whatever," I turned back to my cold sandwhich.

"You can't help who you love." He replied insistantly.

Whoa, where have I heard that before?

Oh. That dream.

I'm losing my mind, really. Brendon is now in my dreams? Creepy.

"Wh-where did you get that?" I stuttered like an idiot.

"It was in my horoscope!" He replied. "Do you want to know your horoscope?" He asked with a gleam in his eye.

And for a second, I almost said yes. But then I remembered all of this is bull shit. "No, I'm good." I replied slowly; shock still dazing me vaguely.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hm, you must love us for updating twice in one day. Despite my short chapter...