Status: Fresh out of the oven

One of the Boys

Chapter Eight

The rest of the evening was a blur. I made sure to stay out of every boy's way. I had not compulsion to get to know any of them when I knew that every each second they were evaluating my worth for their sickening game. Before I dashed off, storming inside, I pestered Aron to explain to me what he meant by 'girls' all I heard was, 'Simple. The dorm collect the points and the more points they get the more the have permission to make a move on one of the girls in the in town, and sneak her in. Winner-'

I had moved away by then pretending I had just received a call and muttered 'horny wanker' under my breath, taking long strides back towards my room where I stayed for the rest of night. I ignored the texts from my mother asking how come I wasn't at the banquet dinner that night. Instead I got working on putting my things away, and turning my Ipod up louder than I should, seeking to merge myself with the violent sound of drums. I hadn't even met my roommates yet. Though I am assuming they must have been two in that crowd of boys that had surrounded me. The were a group of nice looking boys, not godlike perfections, except for a selected few, but any girl would consider herself lucky to be allowed to see such constant display of masculinity. I did hold a great hormone driven desire for boys, however I must say I have never been in a relationships. Quick make out sessions after celebrating the success of a football game, and a spur of the moment drunk gropes didn't account too much.

I took my shower when they were all at dinner, taking special concern that I had everything I need with me, and no forgotten item, towel or binding, would mean I had to dash back into my room to fetch it. On my way back into my room I came into a sudden stand still on the entry for the second time today. I had winced at the room’s layout as I reached the threshold earlier today. I had forgotten how small these room were, that or I’ve gotten bigger.

The set up was simple and clean cut. The militarized rectangular room had three beds lined up against the plain cream wall. Each was accompanied by its own generous wardrobe and desk space. A large window ran the length of the room and showered it with a glow the colour of spilt grapefruits in the late afternoons.

My room had a slight variation to the cookie cut rooms of the dorms. Backed up into the corner, it had a low loft added, crammed beneath the raised ceiling. It’s position appealed to me immediately and since none of my roommates had checked in yet it seemed as though it was mine to claim.

The small steps that led up to it were charming and the small round window seat was romantic. It gave me a good place to hide my womanly things out of sight, and out of the main part of the room. Behind my bed it perceived and old door with a small painted over keyhole and a void where a doorknob had once been. Peaking into the hole I couldn't make out anything except for distressing level of darkness.

Now came to a second standstill because someone was sitting on my bed. Bouncing on it as if to test the quality. At the sound of the door opening their eyes lifted towards mine and eyes a swirl of green and gold like a child’s marble met mine. Teddy took out the Drumstick lolly from between his teeth and waved me over. I saw that in the short time I had been in the bath room a lot had changed.

One third of the room was now covered in stuffed animals and fluffy pillows and throw covers, and a floor board next to the bed furthest from mine was pulled back to reveal a massive tuck shop stash of chocolate and sweets. I stared at this incredulous amount of sugar and Teddy's pearly white grin. How often must he brush and floss?

'Teddy?' I asked cautiously stepping over a cute teddy bear. 'Do you sleep hear as well?' He nodded and came down the loft steps, with that same vivacity that I used to associate with toddlers. Teddy was dressed in full PJs, the classic kind with a button up top and bottoms. A slight jolt of happiness passed through me then.

'You smell nice,' he commented, 'I'll have to try that shower gel. Where were you at dinner?'

'Nowhere, Teddy look. I kind of like my privacy, so as my roommate you should know that I don't like people going into my space.' A simple nod was his answer and he threw himself onto his bed knocking some overflowing pillow cases in the process. From there he leaned down and closed the floorboard and pulled a pastel blue rug over it. He patted it suggestively and rolled over.

'You worry too much, Lucas,' he said stretching out and moaning as his little frame cracked in several place. 'I won't get in your business, so chill. As you seen I have my own little business right here. I run to school's drug store.'

I raised an eyebrow of disbelief, and he coiled. 'Alright it, not the drug store, Martin's that drug lord. But! I have all the things you'll ever need to get a sweet high, with much less health risk.' His dark shaggy hair had lots of messy curls and it gave him a constant dishevelled appearance. I had an urge to caress it, to ruffle it but I held back aware of the implications.

I chuckled climbing up the stairs and jumping into my own bed. I called down to Teddy before turning out the lights, 'Where is the other roommate? Is it just going to be you and me this year?'

He yawned a muffled disinterest, 'probably just late as usual.' And shut his light of, before urgently flicking them back on. 'You don't snore do you?' he hissed up to me. The fear in his voice was hilariously ridiculous.

'Of course not. I'm a pretty deep sleeper.'

'Well I am not. And my mom says just the slightest cricket makes me grumpy. And trust me, I am not some cute dwarf when I am grumpy,’ I bet he probably was really cute in the morning, all sleepy eyes, his lean body curled up tightly.

All when quite after that exchange, I feel asleep with a great deal of trouble. The binding was digging into my skin like a too small bra and my wig was itching like mad in the heat of the room. I thought of today and what was in store for tomorrow. I thought of Eric's friendly smile and of Cameron's devilish smirk. There was also an park of burning emerald eyes that swam around my head. I tried to see what secretes they held, but all I could see was myself reflected in them. After awhile of just listening to Teddy's regular breaths and thinking of how I was going to try to stay low key tomorrow, I felt myself go and I slept soundly throughout the night.

The morning came and I woke up when I heard Teddy's obnoxious laughter. Hazy with sleep I looked around me, trying to remember to go straight into the masculine mode and locate the subject of my awakening.

I didn't have to look far.

There, on my bed I saw a ball of black fur curled up on the torso of a boy that was spread out over the my covers, his heavy weight pinning me under. He had flushed cheeks and a swab of dirt across his forehead, and a line of smouldering beauty sports on his clean shaven neck, along with a bright red hickey some where unmentionable, and scratches all down his arms. I stared bewildered at this lean built boy that had a miniscule kitten purring on his exposed abdomen. He had nothing but a pair of Ted Baker boxers on, and was completely sound asleep, his angelic face marred by the fact that he had the biggest morning wood I ever seen.