Is It Something We Did?

Chapter 2

Matt and I walked into our Pre- Cal math class ten minutes after the bell, earning many looks from the rest of the class. There were two seats open in the back so we walked over to them, ignoring the teachers harsh glare.

“Why are you guys late?” He asked gruffly.

“Well, sir, I could come up with a long rant on how I just don’t care to be here, but I’ll just use the age old excuse of my car not starting, which would be true in some senses, it did not start but it of course as you can tell ended up starting once more.” I rambled on, it was the weed talking at that moment, if it wasn’t for me being high I would have cowered in fear of that question.

I sat down, pulling out my binder quickly doing the warm-up before waiting for the teacher to pass out the notes, which we came in right before they had started.

Matt looked at my papers, gasping at the amount of work there was on one problem.

“How do you know this shit?” He asked, making me giggle a bit.

“It’s easy Matt.” I said back.

“How is this easy?” He asked, looking at his paper.

“Eh, I’ll teach you some time when I’m not high.” I said, laying my head down.

“Sounds like a plan youngin.”

“Why does everyone call me youngin?” I asked, turning my head towards him

“Well, you see, you look so young that youngin is the only word to describe you.” Matt explained.

“I’m like the same age as you though.”

“Yeah so?”

“Guys in the back stop talking and take the notes!” The teacher yelled, making me a bit mad, but I took the notes anyways.

The bell rang, signaling the next class, or in my case, lunch.

I ran out of the room, mainly because I was having the munchies bad, but also kind of because Matt was starting to scare me.

On my way to the cafeteria I ran into Jimmy, and I mean it when I say ran into.

“Whoa, youngin look where you’re going.” Jimmy said, jokingly.

“You’re one to talk!” I said, giggling.

“Where you going?” He asked, walking with me.

“Lunch, you?”

“Lunch.”

“No shit!” I said, giggling a bit more.

“Yes.. Shit?” He said, contemplating his word choice.

“Works for me.” I said, shrugging.

“Food! Food! Food!” Jimmy started to chant as we waited in line.

“Someone has the munchies.” We heard from behind us.

We turned around to see Brian standing there, smirking.

“Well, it could just be that food is amazing, ever thought about that Haner?” another voice said from behind him, revealing Val who was standing next to Matt.

“Hey guys, where’s Zacky?” Michelle asked as she walked up.

“Damn you guys just flock don’t you?” I said, scared from everyone just appearing.

“Oh, you’ll get used to it.” A voice said from behind me, which happened to be Zacky.

“Geeze, next thing you know Kaitlin is going to walk up.” I muttered.

“Someone say my name?” Kailtin said, turning around.

“Holy shit!” I screamed, hiding behind Jimmy.

“Whoa, didn’t mean to scare you.” Kaitlin said, laughing, “Who are these guys?”

“People I smoked with this morning, this would be Jimmy, that would be Matt and Val, Michelle and Brian and then Zacky.”

“When did you get to school?” Kaitlin asked, like a mother.

“Third hour.”

“Ok cool, you need to make sure you get the shit from your first two classes, you can’t fail.”

“I know, I’ll do that tomorrow.” I muttered, Kaitlin was like that motherly figure that I never had, and sure I loved her for it but sometimes it’s too much.

“So, I’m hungry as hell.” I said, trying to find the shortest line, which happened to be the bakery line.

“I think we all are, well except you, I don’t think you would be, are you?” Jimmy asked Kaitlin who had a scared look on her face while looking back at him, “Whoa, what did I do? I’m sorry.”

“Alexis, your new friends are scary as fuck.” Kaitlin whispered to me, as I grabbed ten things off of the counter.

“Sorry bout that, I would say you’ll get used to them, but I just met them today, can you help me with this?” I asked, trying to get everything.

“How much money do you have?” Zacky asked, surprised at how much food I got.

“Well, that’s a long story, now hurry up we need a table!” I said, trying not to drop anything.

When everyone got there food we were off to find a table, but with the amount of food we had gotten there was no table large enough to fit everything, not to mention the looks we got. They were hysterical.

“Picture how much of a fat ass we all look right now.” I said, laughing a bit, already having ate half of the food I had bought.

“Well, more like look at how much of a fat ass you look.” Brian said, having only gotten a burrito.

“Well, I’m sorry that I have more than a dollar at my expense.” I said, sticking out my tongue at him.

“That is not a good thing.” Jimmy said, who happened to decide to sit next to me, and join me on eating my food.

“You know what guys, I don’t want to go to the rest of my classes. Anyone want to go to my house?” I asked, putting the rest of the food into my backpack, pulling out my keys.

“Wont your parents notice?” Matt asked.

“Don’t live with them.” I muttered, getting up.

Everyone except Kaitlin had gotten up, so I waved bye to her and walked with everyone to the parking lot.

“I feel like we were just here.” Jimmy said, getting into my Jeep.

“I know how you feel.”

Soon enough both mine and Valary’s car were out of the parking lot and heading to my house.

“Wait, so if you don’t live with your parents where do you live?” Jimmy asked.

“I have my own house, they kicked me out a while ago and they couldn’t stand that I was on the streets so they bought me a house, I don’t have to pay for anything except food, but they also give me a ton of money a week. And I have a job so it all works out.” I said, turning into one of the more expensive areas of town.

Soon enough I pulled into the driveway of my house, opening up the garage and pulled my Jeep in.

“Damn.” Jimmy said, looking around, “What is that room for?”

“That’s my smoking room. Notice it’s a room in the garage separate from the house. I had to build that myself.” I said, laughing a bit.

Valary pulled up right behind the Jeep but not in the garage, everyone got out, gasping at the house.

“You live in this, alone?” Valary asked.

“Yes.”

“How many rooms are there?”

“Four.”

“This is crazy!”

Soon enough everyone was in the house and the garage door was closed.

The second we got in my dog, Sirius, was barking and jumping on everyone.

“Sirius, you’re too big for that, get down.” I said, laughing while everyone else was cowering in the corner, “He wont hurt you guys, he’s just a great dane.”

“He is huge!” Jimmy said, petting Sirius’s head.

“You should have seen his sister. My parents kept her.” I said, petting my cat who had just jumped on the counter.

“So this is my house. Nothing great about it.” I said, looking around, placing my bag on the table.

“Can I move in?” Jimmy asked, looking around.

“Why not.” I said, laughing a bit.

“Are you serious?” Jimmy asked, with a ‘Oh my god’ look on his face.

“I have three extra rooms. I only need one extra.” I said, laughing.

I have no idea why I was offering him a room, I barely knew him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Writing like this is so awkward. I'm sorry if it doesn't seem right.

I want to thank my one subscriber, you made my day.

The house
Sirius

Comment
<3 Lauren