Is It Something We Did?

Chapter 5

We found a parking garage along Pacific Coast Highway where we parked our cars, knowing that we would be gone for a while.

I stepped out taking in the Pacific breeze. Jimmy jumped out, running to the back of the Jeep to get his dog out. Zacky and Johnny got out at the same time, taking a deep breath of the salty air. Before we walked away from the Jeep I made sure I had everything and that the Jeep was locked.

We caught up with Val, Matt, Michelle and Brian who had decided to not wait for us and started to walk out.

“Dude, you got your dog back?” Matt said, well asked, excitedly.

“Yeah, all because of this lovely lady right here.” He said, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

“Well, lets go to the dog beach then.” Val said, petting Jimmy’s dog.

“Such a far walk! Anyone have a cig?” Brian asked, looking around at everyone.

“I think I smoked them all last night.” Zacky said, frowning at his now empty cig box.

“Where did you go?” Jimmy whined from behind me, I looked back and we was frowning into his, also, empty cig box.

“I’ll buy you all some cigs.” I said, laughing at them.

“How? You’re not 18!” Michelle asked from next to me.

“Well, my family knows people I guess I can say.” I said, walking into the Walgreens. Jimmy had to sit outside of it but he watched us through the windows.

“Alright, what type do you guys get?” I asked walking up to the counter.

“Jimmy gets Camels, and everyone else gets red Marlboros.” Matt said.

I nodded and looked at the cashier.

“ Lets go with one Camels, and three red Marlboros.” I said, pulling out my debit card.

“Are you old enough?” The cashier said.

I raised my eyebrow and showed them my ID. The cashier gasped and apologized before grabbing the four boxes.

“You can have them all for free, I’m sorry for the hassle.” He hurriedly said, shoving all the boxes into my hands.

I smirked before handing each of the guys a box and headed outside to Jimmy.

“I need to know your tricks.” Jimmy said, hugging me when I gave him the box.

“Once you move in completely you will.” I said, laughing at him.

I looked around and each one of the guys had a cig in there mouths and were lighting up.

“Damn, it’s a lonely business not smoking cigs.” I said, laughing.

We walked down quit a way before we were finally across from the dog beach area. When we finally stepped foot on the beach all the guys were on their fourth cig.

“Damn guys slow down!” I said, pulling Jimmy’s out of his mouth and stubbing it out.

Jimmy gave me a playful glare before kissing my cheek.

“That was for the better.” Jimmy said, leading his dog into the ocean.

I smiled and set out my towel next to Val’s towel. I put my bag down and discarded the clothes that I wore over the bathing suit.

I laid down, hoping to get slightly more tan, seeing as I was whiter than snow. It was going great, that is until someone decided to pick me up.

“Put me down! I was perfectly happy where I was!” I yelled, slapping the person’s bum.

“Well, if you keep slapping me like that I wont.” Zacky said, laughing.

“Fine, put me down.”

“I’d be happy to.” And with that I was dropped, into the ocean.

“I’m going to kill you!” I yelled, trying to run after Zacky.

“Well, now that you’re already wet.” I heard Jimmy say behind me before feeling someone lift me up.

“Why is everyone picking me up?” I asked, looking around to see that Sparky was now on the sand sitting with Val, who was holding a camera up, taking pictures of the scene.

“Well, it’s cuz you are so easy to pick up.” Jimmy said, again, dropping me into the water, but this time deeper.

“Jimmy, I can’t swim! Bring me back to the sand!” I said, trying to not go under.

“Oh shit! I’m sorry!” Jimmy said, pulling me closer to the shore.

“It’s-” I was interrupted from what I was going to say when Jimmy leaned down and placed his lips on mine.

At first I was shocked but soon I was kissing back. There was a flash off in the distance but it didn’t make us pull away. Butterflies filled my stomach as we began to pull away.

“Come on, lets go tan or what ever girls do on the beach.” Jimmy said, smirking at me as he pulled me towards Val, who held a camera.

“I never thought I’d see this man with a girl, I mean he scares them all away with that hair of his!” Val said, smiling over at me.

I smiled at her and say Jimmy giving her the finger.

“Hey, that hair is kind of scary.” Zacky said walking up behind us.

“Hm, well I like it.” I said, looking up at Jimmy with a huge smile.

“And that’s all that matters.” Matt said, walking up.

“We should go shopping.” Val said, looking around.

“Well, lets drop Sparky off at my house, we can change there too.” I said, grabbing Sparky’s leash, handing it to Jimmy.

The cool breeze blew our hair around as we walked along the not so busy stretch of highway. Pacific Coast Highway was never really busy. Everyone was always parked either in the parking lots along the beach or in a parking garage. I stood up front in the whole walking group, smiling as the smell filled my lungs. The sound of the few cars on the road and the sound of the waves crashing onto the sand filled my ears making even the slight bad feelings disappear.

“I want a hippy van.” Jimmy said as he walked closer to me.

“Like that red one over there with all the bumper stickers? It’s there everyday. I kind of would love to have it.” I said, smiling over to Jimmy.

“Just like that one. Maybe we should get one, and collect bumper stickers. Then we could take it to the beach everyday and look like complete bad asses!” Jimmy said, throwing his arm over me.

“Well, I think I like that plan. I bet if I asked my mother she would buy me one, then we could put it under your name, that is unless you already have a car.” I said, thinking of all the options.

“Alexis Dominique Day!”

“Fuck.. Yes mom?” I asked, turning towards the black Bently that was now pulled to the side of the road.

“Why are you not at school? And who is that freak who thinks he can have his arm around my daughter? And who are those freaks following you?” She screamed from inside the car.

“Mother, meet James, my best friend. And our friends, Valary, Michelle, Brian, Jonathan, Matthew and Zachary. I’m not at school, because we slept in and saw no reason to go. James is also going to reside with me from now on.” I said, glancing back at my new friends who were looking at me as if they were shocked.

“Are you high? I thought you would quit such an awful dead when we kicked you out!” She asked, getting madder by the second.

“No mother, I am not high. Now can we please get back to what we were doing and you can go to that meeting of yours.” I said, stressing the word meeting.

“I am not proud of you. Get a job. Your father is thinking of taking you off of our money plans.”

“What? You can’t do that! You kicked me out and gave me a house, you own the house not me, you have to pay for it!”

“I know honey, but he wants to move you closer to the beach. I wont let him cut you off however.”

“Well, you need to go. I want to stay in this house, get dad to let me stay in it. I’ll see you sometime later I guess. Bye mom.” I said, sighing as I started to walk away.

“So what exactly do your parents do?” Brian asked.

“Well, they are in government, but they also run other operations. Don’t worry about it.” I picked up my pace as we turned the corner.

“I don’t think she liked us very much.” Jimmy said, frowning.

“It doesn’t matter, you’re still living with me and you guys are still my friends.”

“Makes sense, well anyways, who’s coming my car?” Val asked, looking around at everyone.

“I will, Michelle and Brian should too.” Matt said, looking at his two other friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here ya go.

Comment?
<3 Lauren