Status: Comments make me update more!!!

Don't Pop My Bubble

Seven

There was something about this ‘Leana’ that made me uncomfortable. She just didn’t seem right, and I’m almost positive she was making Jimmy uncomfortable as well. Leana pushed me aside and slid into the booth.

“How have you been?” She asked, completely ignoring me.

“Good.” Jimmy growled.

“That’s good James, cause you know I care about you.” She put her hands over his on the table.

Jimmy’s phone was sitting on the table so I quickly grabbed it and sent a text to Matt asking ‘who Leana was’ and ‘what do I do?’

I‘ll explain later. Get him out of there.

Matt answered back. I shoved the phone in my pocket then grabbed Jimmy’s hand.

“Matt needs to talk to us.” I spoke then grabbed Jimmy’s hand, and dragged him out of the diner.

Once we got out of the door I thought he was going to hyperventilate. I pulled ashma inhaler out of my pocket and forced him to take it.

He coughed then gulped, “Can you drive?”

“Yeah.” I answered as he threw me the keys.

Even if he was clearly upset he still came over and opened the drivers door for me. I slid into the drivers seat and started up his car as he got in. I didn’t pester him with questions, he obviously didn’t want to talk about it. He opened his mouth to speak but I cut him off.

“Don’t worry about breakfast. I’m not hungry anyways. You don’t have to tell me who that was if you don’t want to.”

He nodded and sat back, closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

“You want me to take you home?” I asked.

“No, go here.” He scribbled down an address then flipped on the radio, but this time it was playing a sad song.

I didn’t change the song since he had turned it on but after awhile of listening to the song it even made me sad. I pulled the car into the driveway of the address he had given me. It was a two story house that looked abandoned and destroyed.

“Jimmy what are you doing? This house looks condemned.” I called after him as he got out of the car and headed into the house.

I walked into the house after him. It was obviously not safe inside. Many of the floor boards were broken and looked like they were about to cave in. Above me on the top floor I could hear Jimmy walking around.

“Jimmy?” I asked starting to walk up the steps.

He began to hum as soon as I was half way up the stairs.

“Jimmy. Hello? Jimmy!” I screamed as the stairs where I was walking caved. I was only holding on by the side of the wood.

The wood began to splinter my hand, as I made efforts to try and get up.

“Help!” I yelled, struggling to keep hold.

My palms began to sting, and bleed from the wood that was being stabbed into it. One hand slipped and I struggled to get it back up. One by one my fingers began to slip as I let out cries for help. Right when my hand completely slipped Jimmy caught my wrist and pulled me up.

“Jesus, aw fuck.” I hissed in pain, examining my bloody hands.

“Are you okay?” Jimmy asked, picking me up and carrying me up the remaining steps.

“Are you?” I retorted.

He took me to a bathroom it wasn’t too clean but it did have a first aid kit.

“Where are we?” I asked, hissing when he put alcohol on my cuts.

“The girl, my ex. This was supposed to be our house. We used to hang around here all of the time.” He bandaged my hands up.

“You don’t have to talk about this if you don’t want to.” I examined the now bandaged hands when he was done.

He nodded and hesitated, “You want to get out of here?”

“Sure.” I answered.

We carefully walked down the stairs, avoiding the large hole that I had almost fallen through. He hesitated in the doorway as I walked out.

“I’ll be right back.” He mumbled.

“Take as long as you need.” I answered and walked out to the car.

It took two hours for him to come out, by that time I was already taking a nap in the passenger seat of his car.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading, commenting, and subscribing!!!!!!!!!!!!