Status: Comments make me update more!!!

Don't Pop My Bubble

Nine

I woke up to find Dad pacing around the kitchen as if something was bothering him.

“Dad, you okay?” I asked, yawning.

He turned and put on a smile, “Of course I am, are you ready to go?”

“I guess so.” I answered deciding not to push the subject.

“Let’s go then.”

The whole car ride was awkward. Dad wore a fake grin while I sat in the passenger seat, trying to figure out what was happening. Many things crossed my mind on the ride, most about Jimmy, but also about my mom, dad, and what was happening today.

“We’re here.” Dad grinned and parked the car in a driveway of house that was for sale.

The neighborhood looked really familiar then, I noticed Jimmy’s car parked in the driveway next door.

“Like it?” Dad asked.

The house wasn’t as big as the one we were living in but it was still close to the beach, so I nodded.

“Why are we getting a new house?” I asked, only to be ignored.

Dad pulled out his phone and said something into it before hanging up and taking me inside of the house. It was almost exactly like Jimmy’s interior except it had a bit more personality and some of dad’s art work was in it.

“Dad?” I questioned.

He sighed and plopped down on the hardwood floor, “Your mom is leaving us. She wanted the house so I gave it too her, just like I gave her the best thirteen years of my life.”

“What?”

“She’s not even your mom, she was your babysitter and it blossomed into something more. But obviously she’s a fucking gold digger.” He spoke bitterly.

I sighed and plopped down onto the floor next to him, “It’s gonna be alright dad.”

I had so many questions like who is my real mom? Just to be safe I didn’t ask questions yet. He was in a bad enough mood, I didn’t need him in a worse one.
♠ ♠ ♠
filler*