Status: WIP ;]

These faults in me.

Swim til you drown

"Your initiation will be...to break into the Kelledy's house and steal Samantha's latest gymnastics trophy. Do it and you're in. If you don't you'll get punished."

Cold green eyes bore down into wide brown ones. The fourteen year old was clearly petrified and Aidan Hawthorne knew it. Enjoyed it, even. The group looked on, silent, as the newest recruit practically stood shaking on the spot. For all intents and purposes he was like a deer caught in the headlights and Aidan took a sick form of satisfaction from it. From knowing he held this kind of power over the kids of Huntsville. He was a sadist. And he was their leader.

Seventeen year old Oscar Sawyer was sickened. Sure, he was part of the same gang, but his initiation hadn't exactly been like the rest. Aidan had persisted in trying to persuade him. Why? 'cause he's caught wind of the dumbass rumours that hailed from back home in Acelin. If it hadn't been for that then he'd probably never have gotten caught up in...this. Whatever this really was.

Still, at least he knew what he'd set himself up for. He knew that he was practically walking into the lion's den, so to speak. The kid in front of him? He wanted the status but he failed to recognize that there was more than that. He couldn't just join in and not be expected to show his worth. Fuck.

"Aidan, give the kid a break. Everyone knows he couldn't break into a house even if you painted a target on the window and threw a fucking brick for him. He'll get caught before he even tries." He spoke up, feeling everyone's gaze pivot to focus on him. Did they have to? It wasn't his fault he was the only one who had enough spine to stand up to Aidan. Christ, it wasn't like he was God. They were just too scared.

The boy in question looked too many kinds of relieved but Aidan's expression gave nothing away. Not even when he moved to stand practically nose to nose with him. Height wise, they were roughly the same, but out of who was more built? Oscar won hands down. See, it wasn't the visual aspect of Aidan that demanded the respect he craved; it was his vicious mind.

"I'm sorry, Oscar, I think I misheard you. Did you just tell me to give the runt a break?" If he'd been speaking to anyone else the cold tone in his voice would've forced a shiver to run down their spine. Oscar, however, wouldn't back down.

"Did I stutter, Aidan? I'm sorry; here," He felt his chest puff out slightly as he frowned. "let me say it again for you in words you'll understand. Back off the new kid. Catch that?" The short, soft moment of laughter that came from the older boy made him tense.

He nodded, "Yeah, I caught that." His body shifted and he moved to turn and walk away though at the very last moment, after a moment of pause when he laughed again, he turned back and swung his fist with him. The action was unexpected and it caught Oscar in the jaw, sending him stumbling a pace or two backwards where he held his jaw. Licking his lip he tasted blood and nodded to himself. He understood how he wanted to play it.

"So, everyone, since Oscar here wants to play the knight in shining armour we'll let him have his moment. Instead of Benny over here, Oscar will carry out his initiation for him." The wicked smile that pasted across his face didn't bode well. "First he's going to let himself into the school and trash our dear principal's office," He rocked back on his heels then, considering his next order. "and then, once he's totally demolished it, he's going to deface the halls with a bit of spray paint. The messages are totally our knight's own choice, though nothing incriminating of course." A warning flashed behind Aidan's eyes then, as if daring Oscar to do it. Obviously the younger boy knew it wouldn't be in his best interests so Aidan didn't have to worry.

"What? That's it; trashing the school?" Oscar asked, taunting the boy he should've just been submitting to. "And here I thought you had a bit more creativity." Fury crossed Aidan's face, before being masked by a triumphant sense of satisfaction. Oscar knew he'd just stepped into a bigger pile of shit.

"No. You're also going to take the school's beloved parrot, the one the principal fawns over like it were his child, and kill it."
♠ ♠ ♠
Interesting start, right? I think so.
Read, comment, subscribe <3