Guilty So Guiltless

John

I watched her leap into his arms, while he spun her around. They kissed when he brought her back down to ground level.

They were perfect together.

But jealousy ripped me up inside.

"They're cute," I turned to see Evy taking a sip of of her beer. She pointed towards Kennedy and Samantha.

The party at Garrett's was already full blown and we had been there for all around twenty minutes. Evangeline knew her way around, already. She made heads turn everywhere and from the look on Kennedy's and Sam's face, they weren't too happy.

"Yeah, they are." I said. I turned my attention away from them and I glanced down at Evangeline.

"You really think so?" I asked.

She flipped her hair and shrugged. "He deserves happiness, John." She smirked at me.
I didn't understand though. What she did to him broke him to pieces; he was definitely not happy. She contradicted herself.

"So do you," She added. "I know you want that type of relationship." She jerked her head towards Kenny and Sam again. "You've always wanted it." She paused. "You'll find it someday, Johno. I know you will."

I smiled, but she didn't entirely that I didn't want that type of relationship. I just wanted the girl...

I smirked at Evy. "Will it be you and I then, Evy?"

Evangeline rolled her eyes at me and said, "Not that, Johnny." She turned around and waved her fingers at me before mingling with new people.

I turned around again, to torture myself by looking at the happy couple, but I found myself staring down at Sam, who was avoiding my eyes.

"Hi." She whispered.

"Hey." I said, taking a sip of my beer, trying to erase the thoughts of she's so beautiful from my mind.

"Can you hand me that?" Sam avoided my eyes. She reached her hand out, so I could hand her a can of beer. But I didn't do anything. How could she just do that to me?

"John," She said, sternly.

Why was she acting like this? As if not a single thing happened. Well, I guess it's understandable to not do it publicly, but she had been ignoring my texts the entire time, and every time I tried to talk to her, she ignored me.

I handed her the beer and she turned away, without even glancing back at me.

"Where are you going?" I asked, my voice raspier from the sleep.

Sam hurriedly threw her clothes back, mumbling things I couldn't here.

"Sam...?" I asked, throwing the covers off me.

She was frantically going around the room, picking her clothes up. I walked behind her and turned her around, with my hands on her shoulders.

"John, let me go." She mumbled, her eyes not meeting mine.

"What?" I scoffed. "You're just gonna ignore me? That's it?"

"This never should have happened!" She exclaimed, ripping herself from my grip. Tears started to form in her eyes and she shook her head. "I just cheated on my wonderful, amazing boyfriend with
you."

"Thanks." I muttered, rolling my eyes.

"I didn't mean that." She sighed. "Kennedy has been amazing to me, and look what I
just did to him. With his best friend, nonetheless!"

I sat down on the bed.

"This can never happen again, John." She resumed to finding her clothes again.

"And we can't tell anyone," I already knew what would happen. She looked at me and I shrugged.

Sam nodded. "Especially Kenny."

"Okay."

She found everything she needed and she was at the door of my bedroom. I didn't want her to leave, I wanted her to stay with me and in my arms, but she turned around and looked at me for a second.

"Please," I called out. "Don't ignore me..."

Sam nodded her head and she left without a word.


"Samantha." I said sternly, cornering her in the hallway, when she came out of the restroom.
Sam looked surprised and she backed against the wall.

"You lied to me." I said, slurring my words. I was drunk, of course I was. How could you expect me, a heartbroken loser, to not drink away my problems?

"John, you are drunk." She said, softly.

"Drunk mans words are a sober mans thoughts." I said.

"John, what do you want from me?" Sam whimpered against the wall.

"I told you not to ignore me. But you've been ignoring me this entire time." I gritted my teeth. She was avoiding my eyes again.

"What am I supposed to do?!" She exclaimed. "I'm paranoid!"

"Obviously." I scoffed. "I just text 'hey', not 'we fucked, remember?'"

"Shhhhh!" She covered my mouth, and looked around, but nobody heard anything.
"Just--stop." Sam let go of my mouth.

"You lead people on, thats what you do, Samantha." I leaned away from her and shot her a disgusted look. "You're a heartbreaker."

She stared at me as I walked away, but I stumbled against the wall. I straightened up and kept walking, without looking at back at her.

I pushed through the crowd, I didn't know what my destination was. I passed by Evangeline, who looked at me strangely.

"John!" It was Sam. I turned around.

"You're insanely drunk." She whispered. "Let me take you home."

Kennedy appeared behind her. "Yeah, let her, dude. You're wasted."

I looked at Evy who shrugged.

I turned around, not giving an answer, but either way, Samantha wouldn't have let me go alone. I felt her next to me and we walked away.

When I knew we were out of range for any one to spot us, I took her hand and entwined my fingers in them.

A smile appeared on my face when she didn't do anything about it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, there :)
comments would be VERY much appreciated :D
-raveena :)