Guilty So Guiltless

Samantha

“John, why do you do this?” I said softly. We were walking back to John’s place which was only a few blocks away.

“Do what? I-I ain’t doing anything.” His words slurred and it was hard to understand him.

“Drink away your problems,” My eyes were fixed on our entwined hands. “It doesn’t help.”

“I drink ‘cause my brain is clouded an’ I can’t see the image of you an’ Kenny kissing or or, being all couple-y. I should be the one you do that with, not ‘im.”

“John I-“

“N-no Samantha, you’re a slut okay? You lead me on and when you ‘ave me thinking I ‘ave a chance with you, finally I would be getting what I wanted but then, then you go to Kenny. You always choose Kennedy!” John threw up his arms and practically yelled. I covered his mouth with my hand to quiet him, the last thing we need is for him to wake up the neighbors.

“You’re going to wake up the neighbors!”

“Who cares about the neighbors!” His words were muffled, and he pulled my hand away. The moment my hand left, his mouth was on mine. He backed me up into the door and fumbled around in his pockets for the key to the house. When he found it, he opened the door and pushed us inside, out bodies still close together. I kicked the door shut and his lips trailed down my neck, finding my sweet spot.

“John we shouldn’t-“ I was interrupted by John picking me up and wrapping my legs around his waist. He walked us up the stairs and into his room, our eyes never leaving each other’s. His were the brightest green, it was easy to get lost in them.

A loud knock at the door is what broke our stare.

“John! Open the door!” He set me down on my feet again and walked back downstairs, opening the door. I trailed behind and saw Evangeline standing outside the door, a micheavous smirk on her face.

“Johnny Boy, I need a place to stay.”

John opened his mouth to protest, but I stepped around him adjusting my shirt. “I need to get back to Kennedy, make sure he’s okay.” Evangeline’s eyes darted from me to John before she stepped inside and closed the door, the sound of footsteps echoing away slowly diminishing.

- - -

“Samansha! Y-you came back!” Pat came bouncing up to me, wrapping me in a death grip. “Lookie lookie, Kennedy’s wasted!” His voice traveled to a whisper. “But don’ tell him I said tha’!” Giggling, Pat skipped outside leaving me alone by the kitchen, which was slowly emptying out.

I walked around the party, mostly people watching. There wasn’t much left to do anyways. Half the people were gone and the ones who were still here looked like they were about to pass out at any given moment, including Kennedy. I grabbed his arm and pulled him outside to the car, buckling him in the passenger seat.

“Sammy!” I cringed at the nickname but he continued. “I love you! Like, I loooooove you! An’ you’re way perttier then Evy, jus’ so you k-know. You should wear dresses like she does ‘cause you could show off your legs and-“

“Kenny shut up, you’re drunk.” I slammed the passenger side door and got in the driver’s seat, starting the car and driving off without putting my seatbelt on.

“Thas dangerous! You, you put your seatbel’ on righ’ now!” He scolded.

I rolled my eyes and kept driving, despite Kennedy's attempts to buckle it himself.

"KENNEDY!" I screamed, slamming on the brakes. He lurched forward and slammed his head against the seat.

"Ow." He snickered, holding the back of his head.

"God, what the hell?" I asked. Thankfully, we were only a few feet away from the driveway to our house, but I stayed we were were, gripping the steering wheel.

"Baby, le's go 'ome." He sighed, leaning back.

I sighed. "Only if you tell me what happened?"

"Who says somethin' 'appened?" Kennedy's eyes were half closed, like he wanted to go to sleep.

I groaned and started the car again and pulled into our driveway. I didn't even help him get out and get situated inside the house. I just did my own business and when I changed into my pajamas and came out of the bathroom, feeling fresh to go to bed, Kenny was already sound asleep.

I laid down next to him, still feeling angry, and felt him shift and snake his arms around me. Even that didn't make my mood any better. I was still angry with him.

~

When I woke up the next morning, I felt refreshed. The sunlight peered through the curtains and for a second, everything was okay.

Until I heard Kennedy vomiting in the bathroom.

"Are you ready to tell me what happened?" I asked, after I got up and leaned against the doorframe. He looked terrible.

Kennedy looked at me and held his head. "Nothing happened, Sam."

"You don't get this drunk, Kenny." I said. "Unless something makes you angry or upset."

He stood up and stumbled a little before turning around and walking past me, into the bedroom. He pulled his shirt off and dove straight for the bed.

I sighed. He mumbled against his pillow. I barely heard it, but he said,

"Please don't become Evangeline."
♠ ♠ ♠
UHHH BLAME WRITER'S BLOCK
That's my excuse for everything on here... it's getting old.
But it is the truth. I wouldn't not write because I hated all of you. I love you and I want to write as much as possible for you but my writer's block will be the death of me.
In other news, everyone only has a month or so of school left while I have 2 months left.
Thank you Vee for writing up the last part for me. You're amazing.

Feedback is love and love is real!