Sunset

01/01.

The night was slowly creeping in as the couple walked hand and hand along the beach. The sky was painted shades of yellow and orange. It was a remarkably beautiful sight. The day was perfect for the girl. She was happy to be with her boyfriend. The warm sand touched her feet with each step she took. The guy's hand warmed her intertwined hand.

The waves licked the couple’s feet as they walked against the water. The blonde girl looked into the lake, the waves were calm. She looked across the horizon and something in the water caught her eye. She started to emerge into the water, tugging on her intertwined hand; she pulled her curious boyfriend into the water with her.

“Baby, where are we going?” He asked. A smile played on her lips as she kept walking. Her eyes fixed upon the object that was floating above the water. “The rock,” She announced, turning back to see the smile creep onto his face. The water started to get deeper as the ventured forward.

The water was about to her Mid-thigh when she arrived at the rock. The sun began to set over the horizon. The girl let go of her boyfriend’s hand and climbed onto the rock. The top of the rock was dry. The male climbed up onto the rock after her. Silence crept upon them.

“Wow.” He said staring out onto the horizon. She glanced too, and her breath was taken away immediately. The waterscape was clear and beautiful, making the sky dance with yellow, red, orange, violet and blue. The boy sneaked his arm around the girl’s shoulders and kissed her head. Her arms wrapped around his waist. They sat there for a while watching the sunset in perfect serenity.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a story for This contest
Word count: 295.