How Can I Trust You?

.01/01.

What was he thinking?

Matt and Kristianna were supposed to get married today. It was a beautiful day for something like this to take place. Matt had even set it up for it to be held on the beach, Kristianna's favorite place to be in the world other than Matt's arms. Well, Matt thought his arms were her favorite place in the world. Here lately, he wasn't so sure.

Kris and Johnny had been getting extremely close. They couldn't do anything without the other being attached to their side. Matt tried telling himself that they had just become very close friends, but when Kristianna started staying the night at his house or not coming home until three in the morning, his mind began to wonder. It's not something he wanted, but he just couldn't seem to help it.

Now this wasn't helping the situation at all. He found Kristianna's bouquet laying on the ground. Her foot steps where in the sand, so he followed. What he heard, broke his heart. Moaning, a woman's voice, Kristianna's voice, calling Johnny's name.

What was he doing standing at this alter?

When he saw Kristianna's beautiful face, he began to feel weak. Tears had filled his eyes, he wanted to run away. The feeling come rushing at him even more when he looked over his shoulder at the guys. Johnny was smiling at Kristianna. It wasn't just any smile either. It was one of those sexual things.

Why was he going through with this?

Kristianna's dad placed her hand into Matt's, kissed his daughter on the cheek, then walked off to sit with his wife. He could hear Brian sniffling behind him. He expected it, of course. No guy let's go of their little sister's so easily.

Matt couldn't think straight when the preacher began to talk. He couldn't tear his eyes from Kris'. She was smiling, on the verge of crying. She was staring at him like nothing was wrong. Like she did nothing wrong.

"Does anyone object to this marriage?" The preacher asked, looking around. "Speak now or forever hold your peace."

Matt swallowed hard, raising his hand.

Kristianna's mouth dropped open, tears falling from her eyes.

"M..Matt, what are you doing?" She shook her head a little, stepping closer to him. "You don't wanna marry me? I thought...What did I do?"

Oh, she was good. Very good.

"Kris, I know what you did. You know, about fifteen minutes before the wedding began."

She turned her head to the side, confused practically written across her face. Matt looked over his shoulder. They guys were holding Brian back so Matt could say what he had to before they let him run to his sister's side.

"I'm not sure what you are talking about, Matt. I got ready, paced around a bit, then came here to you. What else do you think I did?"

"Johnny."

He said it. He told everyone at the wedding how much of a slut Kris was. How much of a slut she had always been. Her good girl front was completely gone. No one was going to believe the shit anymore.

"Jo...You think I fucked that short shit?" Her eyes were wide, disbelief filling them. "What makes you think I would ever do a thing like that to you, Matt?"

"Well, for one, you guys have been hanging out so much lately. You are always staying the night at his house, going out shopping with him, going to lunch, not coming home until three or four in the morning." He paused to let her take it all in before he laid this last one on her. "I also caught you guys today. You were behind the tent you got ready in. I walked up and heard you moaning and almost screaming his name."

Kristianna looked around for someone to come to her rescue, but no one was saying anything. They just stared at her, shaking their head, whispering amongst each other.

Christena, Kristianna's twin, stepped up next to Kris, smiling at Matt. She moved her hair to the side and giggled a little.

"Uh, Matt, I think you are making a huge mistake right about now."

He made a face, rolling his eyes, "Why do you think that, Tena?"

"Well, I can pretty much tell you that it wasn't Kris with Johnny behind that tent. And the only reason I know that is..."

"Because you were with her 'the whole time'? Yeah, yeah. I've heard that said before and I'm so sure you where."

"No, I was the only fuckin' Johnny, baby." She laughed, shaking her head. "I couldn't help myself. Kris said she needed a moment alone to breathe and clear her head, so I did what I could to amuse myself."

Matt's face turned a little red as he began to blush in embarrassment.

"Oh, my...Kristianna, I'm s..."

She slapped his hand away from her face and ran off. Matt had really fucked up this time. Instead of talking to her, he jumped to conclusions, which hurt the most wonderful woman in his life.

"Fucktard, what are you doing?" Brian practically screamed. "Go after her. Jesus, I swear, sometimes I think you know nothing about women."

He was right.

Matt had been hurt so many times in his life, every woman that got close to him ended up hurt or leaving him because they couldn't take his paranoia. Kristianna stuck around through it all. She showed him that she would never hurt him. She showed him not all woman were the same. Now look. He fucked it up.

When he finally made it to Kris, she was sitting in the sand, head in hands. He could see her shoulders shaking as she cried. What the hell was he thinking?

"Kristianna, baby." He sat down next to her, pulling her against his chest. "I'm so sorry. Baby, I should have talked to you first. I shouldn't have let my thoughts run wild."

"Why would you think I would ever do something like that to you? I love you too much, Matt." She pulled away, looking him in his eyes. "I will never hurt you. I'll never leave you alone. I'm not like all those mistakes you made in the past. I'm different. I thought I proved that to you a long time ago, but I guess I didn't."

"But you did. Please, carry on with the wedding. Please."

His begging worked. It always had.

Matt had to work on trusting. Kristianna would never leave him cold. She'd never rip his heart out.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is probably one of the stupidest things I've ever written.
I'm not to happy with it, but it's better than nothing so I have to give it that much.
Anywho, don't be to mean when you comment on this.
:))