‹ Prequel: Slave to Destiny
Status: Same story is posted by me on Quizilla under the username ParentalAdvisory4382

Puppet to the Crown

Prologue

The night Queen Gabriella Storm died, she left behind a legacy nearly impossible to fill. There was a traitor wandering the halls of the castle and nobody knew who or what they were. Somehow they managed to evade each and every trap that was set. Things had changed since that night. It was as if Gabby’s death had reinforced old prejudices that still ran thick as blood. The future was dimming at an alarming rate for all. As much as everyone tried to help, there was still poverty stricken districts in the cities.

King Cole Sterling never recovered from the loss of his wife. He tried as hard as he possibly could to achieve the goals that Gabby had left behind, but somehow he still ended up losing his gregarious personality and replacing it with a reserved, reclusive one. Sadly the advisors pushed themselves back into control over the crown. They managed to influence every decision the Cole made.

But to be perfectly honest the future was no longer in the King’s hands. The night the triplets were born the world fell into their laps. The advisors may have tried to string them up like puppets and dance them around against their will, but they had a lot to learn. Especially when dealing with Princess Emily Sterling. By influencing every aspect of her life they created something wild. They created some out of control.

They created a rebel who was looking for a cause worth fighting for because she sure as hell was never going to be a puppet to the crown.