Status: Indefinite hiatus~

Puck You.

Familiar Faces, Strange Places.

Jameela wrinkled her nose. This locker room smelled rank.

“Jesus, I thought this was supposed to be the girls' locker room,” She muttered to Tina, who stood beside her. Tina laughed quietly.

“The Cheerio’s are just as gross as the football team, as much as they deny it. They’re the ones who use it the most.” She answered, dropping her bag down onto one of the benches, her gym clothes in her hand.

“It smells like crotch and sweaty socks.” Jameela muttered, dropping her bag too and shedding her plaid shirt. She changed into a pair of black sports shorts and a grey t-shirt, changing her sandals for a pair of scuffed sneakers.

She and Tina walked into the gym, talking quietly. Jameela had discovered that the Asian girl wasn’t as glum as she first appeared – she was actually pretty lively.

The two of them sat on the bleachers as they waited for the rest of the class to arrive. Most people slouched in several minutes late, including a one Noah Puckerman, along with Finn and Mike, and a tallish black guy, who was walking backwards. When Jameela finally caught a glimpse of his face, her jaw dropped slightly.

“Holy shit.” Jameela gasped, standing up.

“What?” Tina asked, tilting her head up to look at Jameela. Jameela ignored her, and jogged down the bleachers and back onto the gym floor.

Matt had his back to the bleachers again, but Puck eyed Jameela as she approached. She widened her eyes at him and pressed her finger to her lips as she crept up right behind Matt, who was talking animatedly. Puck quirked an eyebrow slightly, and Jameela glared at him, pressing her finger to her lips again, her other hand balled up into a fist, as if to suggest a beating if he didn’t keep his trap shut. Puck knew she’d do it, too. So he didn’t say anything, just watched as Jameela sprung onto Matt’s back, wrapping her legs around his waist and covering his eyes with her hands.

“Matthew James Rutherford, you scrawny bastard!” Jameela exclaimed, laughing as Matt staggered slightly and spun, trying to dislodge the giggling girl on his back.

“Who the fuck?!” Matt exclaimed, trying to pull Jameela’s hands from his eyes.

“Well fuck you too, Matt.” Jameela grumbled, loosening her hands and slipping off his back again, her hands resting on her hips. “And here I was thinking I’d get a ‘Hey Jameela, haven’t seen you in a while, glad you’re still alive and everything’ kinda welcome, instead of a ‘who the fuck are you?’ Great. Thanks a lot, Ma –Ow! Dude!”

Jameela was cut off as Matt rammed into her, engulfing her in a violent kind of bear hug.

“You bitch!” Matt laughed, turning the hug into a headlock in a matter of moments, before Jameela could regain her balance. Jameela scrabbled her hands against Matt’s bare forearm, trying to make him let her go.

“Lemme go Matt, or so help me god, I will kick your ass! This is not the way to treat your friend!”
“Who said you were my friend, huh?” Matt replied, grinning.

“You did, you douche!” She retorted, then let out a triumphant laugh as her nails found purchase, digging into Matt’s arm and causing him to let her go. She wriggled out of his loosened grip and danced out of arms reach.

“Can someone please tell me what the hell is going on?”

“Yeah, this is confusing as fuck.

“’This is confusing as fuck’,” Jameela mocked, rolling her eyes at Puck. “God you’re thick.”

Matt laughed, along with Mike, who had looped his arm around Tina’s shoulder.

“Mattie Matt here is one of my many bitches.” Jameela continued, slapping Matt on the shoulder. “Though he did used to be a smaller bitch…”

Matt fist pumped.

“Bitch, I am so taller than you.” He crowed, pushing her shoulder, laughing triumphantly. Jameela pushed him back.

“We used to know each other when we were kids… I lived with my grandma for a while, who lived next door to his.” She continued, shrugging her shoulders. The piercing shrill of a whistle cut her off as she went to speak again.

“Hey! Line up and shut up!”

Jameela’s head jerked as the gym teacher marched in, shouting and pointing with an annoying air of self-importance.

Just like a cop, She noted, scowling as they scrambled to form two rough lines, Jameela sandwiched between Matt and Puck.

“I want ten laps!” The bearded man shouted. “Then out to the pitch. We’re playing softball today!” He blew his whistle, and the class took it as a sign to start running.

“What. A. Bastard.” Jameela grumbled as she started out at a stead jog, running side-by-side with Matt. “He an ex-cop?”

Matt nodded.

“Never lets us forget it, either.” He replied, shrugging his shoulders.

“This is his idea or fun, right?”

“He’s still better than Sue. She’d have us running a hundred laps, while she shouted abuse at us. And threw things. Like chairs. And clipboards. And small children.”

Jameela snorted, picking up her pace slightly as they rounded the gym. They ran in relative silence, companionable rather than awkward. Out into the streaming sunlight the class went, some half-choking on the air they desperately sucked in, others barely bothered by the run. Jameela propped her fists onto her hips, squinting her eyes against the harsh light. They didn’t get to pick their own teams – Beardy, as Jameela had christened him, divided them up. Jameela ended up on the same team as Finn and Tina, while Matt, Puck and Mike opposed them.

Jogging to the outfield, Jameela flipped Matt off then turned a cartwheel, rocking to her feet when she landed awkwardly. She dusted her hands off and turned back to the pitch as the first batter came up to plate. It was pretty boring, being outfield – most people just punted it into infield, and ran. Jameela spent most of her time heckling people she knew when they came up to bat.

“C’mon Puckerman!” She shouted, cupping her hands around her mouth to make her voice carry. “Try not to miss this time!”

Puck made a big ordeal of faking a laugh and slapping his knee, before flipping Jameela off and resetting his stance.

“Choke! Choke! Choke!” Jameela shouted, cheering when Puck missed again. “My grandmother could do it better than you, Puckerman! And I thought you were a jock!”

“Shut it, Marley!” Puck shouted, swinging the bat a few times, his teeth gritted.

Jameela cackled again, shading her eyes to make out the pitch better. She watched in silence at Puck gave it a few more practice swings, before settling down in his stance again. Jameela knew jack shit about softball, but Puck looked pretty impressive to her, despite the fact he couldn’t seem to hit it. She folded her arms across her head, sighing quietly. The resounding thwack! Of Puckerman’s swing hitting its target made Jameela burst into applause.

“You actually – aw, too bad, Puckerman, too bad!”

Puck managed to belt the ball pretty far out, but some beefy black dude made one of those ‘OMG EPIC DIVE AND ROLL’ catches.

“Three out! Change over!” Beardy called, blowing his whistle.

“God, he’s so self-important,” Jameela grumbled as she jogged back, joining her team’s line. “Nice try Puckerman,” She said, giving Noah a shit eating grin as he pulled on the backstop mask. “Don’t worry – I’ll show you how to hit the ball.”

“I bet you five bucks you can’t hit a homerun,” Noah retorted darkly, slipping a catcher’s mitt on.

“Bitch, please. I’ll raise you to ten, and you’ve got a deal.”

“Bring it.”

“Oh, I will.” Jameela replied, clicking her fingers and snapping her hips, releasing the inner Mercedes. Puck snorted and crouched down on his haunches as the first person went up to bat.

Waiting for her go, Jameela picked at her nails and talked to Tina, who stood in line behind her.

“So Jane Addams, huh? What was it like?” Tina asked, tilting her head to one side slightly. “Did you get stabbed? Did you get a tattoo?”

Jameela laughed loudly.

“Girl, who been tellin’ you fairy stories?” Jameela replied, grinning. “I ain’t stabbed nobody. I do have a tattoo, though. Two, actually.”

Pulling back the bracelets that cluttered her left wrist, Jameela revealed the thin lines of ink that surrounded her wrist, small symbols forming a band a half-centimetre thick. Another band was formed below it, by a different set of symbols. A thin band of ink separated the two lines, while two thicker bands bordered them. Tina grabbed Jameela’s wrist without so much as a by-your-leave, and brought it to her face to examine the symbols.

“Whoa, that’s cool. What do the symboly-thingies mean?” She asked, releasing Jameela’s wrist.

“The top one is Hebrew. It reads ‘Live for yourself and you live in vain; live for others and you will live again.’ The second is Hindi. It says ‘you can’t find the right road if the streets are paved.’ They’re Bob Marley quotes. I’m thinking of getting another in Arabic or Persian, to add another band. I thought it’d be kinda cool, y’know?”

“That’s wicked. I want to get some ink, but my parents would murder me,” She adopted a strong Asian accent as she continued. ‘Tattoos are for thugs and lowlifes. How do you expect to get in to a good college, or get a proper job in the future if you’re covered in ink?’ Oh… Uhm, no offence. Your tats are deep.” She added.

Jameela laughed.

“Don’t worry. I am a thug.” She replied, grinning, pulling a phony gang sign.

“Oi! Marley. You’re up!” Puck shouted, and Jameela turned on her heel, stalking up to the plate, scooping up the bat as she went.

“You ready to see how a pro does it?” Jameela said smugly, settling her grip on the bat. She gave a few practice swings, rolling her shoulders.

Noah snorted, rolling his eyes. “Just hit the damn ball, Marley.”

“Will do, Fuck.” She retorted, gritting her teeth and tapping the top of the bat against home plate. “Show me what you got, pretty boy!” She shouted to the pitcher, baring her teeth at him in a mildly demonic grin.

Taking this as a challenge, the blonde wound up then let the ball fly. It sailed towards Jameela faster than she expected it to, and her swing missed.

“Shit.” The word came in a hiss, forced out between closed teeth. A triumphant ‘ha ha!’ sounded from behind her, but Jameela ignored it, shaking out her shoulders.

When the next ball was pitched, she was ready. She swung out hard, and ball met bat with an almighty thunk! She stood straight for a moment, shading her eyes to follow the ball’s progress.

“I’m so awesome,” She murmured, and began to run, tossing the bat to the side.

Puck watched her go, mouth hanging open slightly. He knew an athlete when he saw one, and this girl was definitely one. No doubt about that. She ran like a friggin’ gazelle, whatever that was. Damn, was it hot. Sure, he’d thought athletic girls were fine before – Quinn, she was fine. But she was soft, cutesy – prettily athletic – not really an athlete in the true sense of the word. Not like Jameela. She was like a cheetah or something – lean muscle and steely will along with a good helping of badassery. Fuck was it hot.

Noah was jerked out of his revere as Jameela sped past him sliding over home plate, her dreads snaking out behind her. She was laughing as she came to a halt, posing with one hand on her hip, the other arm bent as she flexed her bicep.

“And that, my friends, is how you hit a home run.”

~

“See ya, Tina.”

“Laters, Jameela.”

Jameela waved her fingers in the Asian girl’s direction as they went their separate ways. Jameela fell back into step beside Matt, who was heading to practice.

“So, the football team, huh Matty? Didn’t think you had it in you.” She said, baring her teeth at him in a grin. Matt pushed her shoulder.

“Shut up. I’m a fuckin’ beast on the field. Come watch us practice, you’ll see.”

“Ha, no thanks. You guys are the bottom team in the league, right?”

“Hey! That was last year. This year, we gon’ kick some ass. Tanaka’s been fired… This new coach we got, she’s pretty cool.”

“She?” Jameela asked, tilting her head to one side.

“Yeah. Bieste. She’s pretty badass.” Matt replied.

“She sounds it.” Jameela retorted, laughing. “Mad respect to her, I say. Having to spend time with ya’ll. And having to spend extended periods of time in the locker room…” She shuddered, pulling a disgusted face.

Matt laughed, and pushed her again.

“Laters, Jameela. I’ll come by yours later.” He said, and Jameela waved him off.

“Bring food. Preferably cake. Or muffins. Or chocolate. Oh, and tell Puckerman I expect my money by tomorrow, or he’ll get his arse kicked. Bye Matty!”

“See you, crazy bitch.”

Jameela laughed, and jogged out into the car park. No, she didn’t have a car. All modes of transport had been banned by her mother until Jameela could prove she was a ‘responsible young adult’.

“Fuckin’ bullshit.” Jameela muttered as she pulled her headphones on.

Four mile walk, prepare to be slayed.
♠ ♠ ♠
ohai guys, remember me?
*covers head to avoid shoes being thrown*

Only a month late, right? haha.
Well, I'm sorry for the wait. And this chapter is kinda really shit. :L Yaaaay for my awesome skills, riiiiight?
Haha.
Well... Anyways.

OMG AMERICAN IDOL. I just re-watched last week's episode.
STEFANO ES COOLIO. Isn't he dreamy? *distant sigh* Haha.
Y U NO VOTE FOAH HEEEM, AMERICA?
HE SUNG BOYZ II MEN FOR CHRIST'S SAKE.
I like, spazzed on the floor when I found out what song he was singing. <3
I'm so glad Paul's gone. God, he was a pain in the arse.
I'm still pissed about Naima leaving. SERIOUSLY, SHE WAS FUCKING MADDDDD TALENTED. xD And she was so epic. Her outfit on the Elton John ep = wicked cool.
Yeah. And Jacob. <3 Words do not describe how insanely awesome he is. And Haley. Her voice is sex. No joke.
And James. xD He's like Adam Lambert - gay + more metal x twitchy. He so cool. :3
Scotty makes me lul so hard it's not even funny. xD
I'm really glad Thia is gone. GOD SHE WAS ANNOYING. People were all 'you just hate her 'cuz she's talented!' >.>
No, I DISLIKED her 'cuz she was whiney. Sure, she had a good voice, but she had no emotion. AND SHE WAS JUST ANNOYING. *deep breath*

Anyway. Ignore my little ranty whiney thing I just had.

Haha.

Hope you guys stick around!
I promise not to be such a lazy updater anymore.

Your comments&critiques are always a major help.

Oh, and just so you know, I know JACKSHIT about softball. I just belt the ball far. xD
Haha.