Status: will update whenever

Me, My Twin, and Her.

Getting To know Each Other

After the twins helped me settle in the attic, they offered to take me out to dinner that night, after they took me shopping. They only added that last part when they realized I had only one bag.

Alex, she wouldn't listen to me when I called her Alexis, said that she was going to stay home with her husband and kids. Every time I looked at them, and at how happy they were, I felt a hole in my chest I never knew existed.

I love kids so much, but I'm afraid I don't deserve them, at all. So, I thought that the best way I could stay close to children without having any was to become a teacher. But paying for the college was too much and I pulled out a loan... now I'm in debt and I can't find a school that would hire me.

All of this went through my head as I sat in the back seat of the twins car. They were chatting away, as if I wasn't there, at least in my state of mind, I think that's what they were doing. Of course, they could be talking to me.

"Are you okay Trisha?" One of them asked. Matt I believe, because Mike was driving and Matt was looking back at me.

I nodded, trying to hide my unease. They both were unbelievably sexy, and it scared me how much I was attracted to them. I didn't need those kind of feelings right now, I had to focus on my career.

Matt smiled at me and my heart skipped a beat. Even if I didn't want this, I can't lie to myself, that I was definitely attracted to the twins and it was a pull I hoped I could resist.

Before I knew it, Matt was talking to me, making me laugh and I felt more comfortable. I started to relax and that was my first mistake. I should never relax around someone I feel attracted to.

Even though I knew this, I couldn't help but relax in the light atmosphere. Mike was throwing in some perverted comments in every once in a while and then, I messed it up.

"I wish I could've had this much fun with my brother." Unintentionally, I spoke, mentioning the forbidden topic... well my forbidden topic. I should have never mentioned him because when I do, I feel the pain all over again.

The twins didn't realize this and Mike asked: "Your brother, how old is he?" I guess he didn't realize the past tense I used so I had to speak the unbearable truth.

"He would be fifteen now. But he died when he was three." Every time I think of him, there is this hole in my chest that hurt. I wanted a family so bad, but my brother can't have one, so what gives me the right? It's my fault that he's gone anyways.

"What was is name?" Matt asks gently. I almost began to cry just by the way he asked that question.

"Devon was his name. He was the sweetest little boy." I felt my voice crack when I said "was." This was too much, I had to change the subject. "So, do you two have any family?" I asked with a fake chipperness. I could tell by the looks on their faces that they didn't believe it.

After a few long seconds of silence, Mike answered my question. "No, we only have each other." I swear his voice sounded closed off and I could tell he didn't want to continue the conversation. So I relaxed into the leather of the car and kept silent.

Matt's P.O.V.

By the time we got to the store, I finally got Trisha talking again. They way she had looked at Alex and Jake with such longing still rang in my mind. And I had felt the urge to leave because it hurt to see them so happy too. So, Mike and I grabbed Trisha and left.

But when the conversation turned wry, it didn't help much in my mission to cheer her up. Now, she was telling me about her college professors and some of their wacky stories. She told me she wanted to be a school counselor, I wondered what was her motivation. But by the looks of things, her brother has the bigger impact on her life than she'd probably like to admit.

Something happened with her brother that made her feel guilty... I wonder how I could read her so easily. It's like I've know her all my life.

Then after she laughed, I dais something stupid.

"I really love your laugh." I said, and she looked down and blushed deeply, mumbling a thanks. Over her head I could see Mike glaring at me. Why? I know my twin better than myself and for some reason I couldn't;t tell why he was glaring at me.

But then it hit me. Mike was attracted to Trisha as I was. For the first time, could he want something for himself?

* * *

After shopping we went out to Apple Bees to eat. Trisha kept going on and on about paying us bag for the overflowing cart full of clothes we got her and for the dinner but both me and Mike had to keep telling her it was fine, we didn't care.

"I'm going to pay you back whether you like it or not. You wasted all this money on me..." Trisha said for the hunderth time but Mike cut her off.

"None of it was a waste. All those clothes looked wonderful on you. Especially that baby blue dress. If I do say so myself, you looked mouth-watering!"

Trisha blushed deep red and didn't say anything for awhile. If I hadn't focused on how cute she looked, I would've noticed the way Mike was sitting. When the food got there, Mike didn't start to eat but grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the bathroom.

We never made it, because he collapsed by the bar. I screamed for some-one to call the ambulance immediately. Trisha stood behind me as I held Mike close to my chest.

This is the first time it's acted up in years... why now though? Why when everything was going great... why?

That's what I thought as I sat in the ambulance with Trisha right by me and Mike laying on a bed motionless as they try to get his heart beating again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoy this book! If you want to know ALexis and Jake's story, look up What Father Wanted... it's almost complete