‹ Prequel: You Are What You Are.
Status: 5 stars. 135 comments. 143 readers. 38 subs. Thank you all so much!!! <333

I'm Such a Foolish Mother***er.

"I mean God! Put down the makeup brush and get your ass over here!"

I groaned as my annoying alarm clock beeped at me, telling me that I better wake my ass up or I'm gonna be late for work again. I poked my head out from under the covers and slammed my hand on top of the stupid clock, silencing it. (And surprisingly not breaking it.)

I groggily got out of bed and made my way towards the bathroom. I took a shower, dried my hair, did my hair, and then did my makeup and got dressed. I glanced at the clock, my eyes popping out of my head when I saw it was already 8:55 AM, leaving me 5 minutes to get to work on time.

"Shit." I whispered to no one in particular. I slipped some sandals on and ran out of the bedroom and into the kitchen, grabbing a chocolate chip cooking off of a plate on the counter.

"Healthy." Nick commented. He was sitting at the island in the kitchen, browsing the web on his laptop. He smirked at me and I whined. "I don't have time for healthy, Johnny's gonna fucking kill my ass for being late again."

"That's your faulttttt." He quietly sung to himself, averting his eyes back to the computer screen. I rolled my eyes and walked over to him, puckering my lips out. He pecked them quickly and half-hearted-ly, making me a little sad. "Have a good day at work." I nodded and walked towards the door. "Love you!" I called.

"Mm-hm." Was the response I got. And I'd been getting that response for the past week. I sighed sadly as I closed the door behind me.

Obviously, I didn't expect him to be like he used to with me right away. I knew it would take some time before things went back to normal between us, but it still kind of hurt when he wouldn't tell me he loved me too.

Oh well, you caused it, deal with it.

I shook my head at myself and got in my car, shoving the keys in the ignition. I drove to the tattoo parlor Naughty Needles that Johnny owned. I pulled into the parking lot and sighed when I saw I was 12 minutes late. I grabbed my bag and ran in, Johnny sitting at the front desk with a smirk.

"Hello Miss. What can I do for you today?" I smiled and pulled my best "I'm sorry please don't be mad at me" face. "I'm so sorry Johnny, I-"

"12 minutes late, missy. Tsk tsk tsk, third time this week." He crossed his arms over his chest and continued to smirk at me.

"Oh please, Johnny, I got here before you today." I squealed as I saw my best friend, Maddy, walk out from the back room, a bagel in her hand. I ran over and hugged her tightly, which she returned.

"Whatever! I was still on time! Kind of..."

"You got here like, 5 minutes ago." She snorted. He glared at her and she blew him a kiss.

"HA! You were late too, so you can't give me shit for it today." I smiled triumphantly, setting my bag on the desk and playfully pushing Johnny out of the way so I could get out the appointment book.

"Just... try not to be late again for a while, alright?" I nodded and saluted him. He chuckled. "So...how's the whole thing between you and Nick going?" Maddy asked. Johnny laid his arms crossed on the counter, resting his chin on them and looked at me, curiously. I sighed as I sat down and started finding the appointments for Johnny, writing them down on a piece of paper for him.

"It's.....OK?" I asked, more than answered. I looked up, and they smiled sympathetically at me. "I mean, I didn't expect him to be all lovey-dovey towards me right away, but.......it hurts a little."

"What do you mean?" Johnny asked.

"I tell him I love him, and he replies with "Mm-hm"." Johnny made a face. "Oooh.....damn, he still is kind of pissed." I shrugged.

"I expected it, dude. I fucked up, I know that. Now I'm paying for it. Nothin' I can do." I sighed again, giving Johnny the piece of paper. He gave it a quick once-over, then groaned. "Who the fuck booked an appointment at 10 at night? I wanted to leave early today." He grumbled. I giggled at him as I began to write down Maddy's appointments, then my own. "Well, we all fuck up. I don't think of you any different, you know that." I looked up at him and smiled. "But I will start to think differently of you if you keep fucking coming in late every damn day!" He yelled dramatically. I laughed and shook my head at him.

"I mean God! Put down the makeup brush and get your ass over here!" He yelled jokingly as he walked away, throwing his arms in the air for added effect. I flipped him off behind his back and snickered to myself. Maddy walked behind me and threw her arms around my neck in a hug. "It'll get better, babe. Just gotta give it time." I smiled and placed a sloppy kiss on her cheek, earning an "EW!" from her.

"Oh, here's your appointments for today!" I grinned, handing the piece of paper to her. She fake-glared at me, and I laughed quietly.

$$$

***11:30pm***

Johnny just finished his last client's tattoo, and Maddy had been spinning around in her chair for the last 10 minutes because her last client left a half an hour ago. I'd already finished my last an hour ago, so it left me time to clean up around the shop.

"SHE SAYS MY SINGIN' GETS HER THINKIN' FILTHY, OH!" Johnny sang obnoxiously through-out the shop, running over and grinding up on Maddy for a second, then running over and grinding up on me, while continuing to sing. Maddy started laughing hysterically as he took off his shirt and waved it around in the air, dancing like a stripper.

"GIRLS, I'VE GOT YOU, UNDER A SPELL AND I DON'T THINK I'LL BE LETTIN' YOU OUT! I'VE, GOT, YOU-"

"IF THIS IS HEAVEN, THEN BABY, I DON'T WANNA KNOW HELL!" Maddy sung with him, getting up and dancing also.

"This is hell, fuckin' weirdos." I laughed. They both stopped dancing and singing at the exact same time. They then proceeded to go about the shop like nothing had ever happened. "Wow." I laughed to myself, putting my belongings in my bag.

"So what're you doing when you get home?" Johnny yawned as he flipped through the appointment book. I laid my head in my arms on the counter. "I think I'm just gonna sleep in my car, that way I won't be late tomorrow." He started laughing and I did too.

"That's the best idea that's ever come out of your mouth." I lifted my head and stuck my tongue out at him. He smirked and slammed the book shut, making me jump. I flipped him off as he started laughing again.

"The hell was that loud thump?" Maddy asked, eyebrows raised as he returned from the bathroom.

"Johnny being a dick." He rolled his eyes at me. Maddy giggled and stood next to me.

"No seriously, what're you gonna do?" I looked at him in a "what the fuck?" matter. "I don't know! Eat something and sleep? Why do you wanna know, weirdo?" He glared at me and it was my turn to smirk.

"I didn't know if you wanted to go out or not for a drink." He yawned again. I chuckled. "Why? By the looks of it, you'd probably just fall asleep at the bar with a beer in your hand." He smiled and laughed. "Probably."

"I'll go have a drink! I fuckin' need one." Maddy commented. Johnny smiled and nodded. I smirked at the two and grabbed my bag. "Well, you two have fun getting drunk and then fucking later."

"FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, SKYE, THAT WAS ONE TIME!" Maddy yelled. "I THOUGHT WE WERE ALL PAST THAT!??!"

"I wouldn't mind it happening again." Johnny winked at her. I fake-gagged and she rolled her eyes, blushing slightly.

"Alright, I'm goin' home, you two use protection." Maddy groaned and Johnny gave me a thumbs up, grinning. I laughed and walked out, getting in my car and driving home.

I pulled into the driveway 10 minutes later. I got out of my car and made my way into the house. Nick looked up from his spot on the couch. He smiled. "Hey."

"Hewwo." I cooed. He chuckled and got up, walking over to the fridge. "I got Taco Bell, yours is in the microwave."

"OOH!" I squealed excitedly. I ran over and put the microwave on for 60 seconds, heating up whatever was in there. "Thanks, Nickie." I cooed again, wrapping my arms around his neck in a hug. I bit my lip as he loosely wrapped his arm around my waist. "You're welcome." We pulled away and I kissed him softly on the lips. He smiled and actually fully kissed back this time, not a little peck or any of that. My heart started beating faster as he tightened his arm around my waist, making me all sorts of happy.

Maybe things are already starting to go back to normal...

Hey, a girl can dream.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY YAY YAY FIRST CHAPTERRR!!! :DDD
I'm really excited for this story, and I hope you guys are too. (:
Next chapter will probababababably be up tomorrow. :D

Special thanks to Chemical Kid (Maddison) & CraigMabbitt (Amber) for being the only two people interested in this story at the moment! XD Love you!

Comments, pweaseeeeee. Tell me what you think of the very first chapter. <333