‹ Prequel: You Are What You Are.
Status: 5 stars. 135 comments. 143 readers. 38 subs. Thank you all so much!!! <333

I'm Such a Foolish Mother***er.

"You're cold, Nick. Ice cold."

***3 weeks later***

I've been pretty miserable for these past few weeks. Nick and Samantha are supposedly, "moving fast", and Nick still hates me with a burning fiery passion that seems like it will never burn out. I've been getting depressed again, so I had to be put back on my anti-depressants.

I was at the shop. Only Maddy was tattooing right now, Johnny and I were waiting for our scheduled clients to come in. I sighed and grabbed my purse from underneath my work station, digging around in it before pulling out the orange bottle I was desperately looking for.

I twisted the cap off and poured three of the pills in my hand. I was only required to take 1 a day, but I usually took...4? 5 on a bad day.

I popped them into my mouth and swallowed them dry. I closed my eyes and sat there for a second, Johnny's voice breaking me out of my silence.

"You did not just take 3 of those, Skylar." I opened my eyes and saw Johnny standing next to me, looking disappointed, angry, and sad. "You know you're only supposed to take one."

"I've done this for a while, Johnny;" I chuckled. "and I'm still alive."

"So now I've got an alcoholic best friend/band mate, and another best friend/employee who's addicted to anti-depressants. Awesome." I glared up at Johnny.

"I'm not fucking addicted, Johnny. One pill doesn't do shit for me."

"So take two a day! Separately! One in the morning, one at night! Not three now and who the fuck knows how many later!" He hissed.

"Don't fucking worry about me." I grumbled. I stood up, pushed past Johnny, and walked into the back lounge. I opened the mini-fridge and pulled out a Corona. grabbing the bottle opener off of the top of the fridge and cracking it open. I took a swig only to have the bottle yanked out of my hand.

"Are you out of your fucking MIND?!" He exclaimed. "You can't fucking mix alcohol with anti-depressants!" I sighed.

"Once again; done this for a while. I'm still alive, aren't I?" He shook his head at me and started drinking the beer himself.

"I don't give a shit. I don't need you accidentally dying from mixing your pills and booze together." I rolled my eyes and walked over to the couch, sitting down on it.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I just care about you, that's all." I looked up at him and he smiled a little. He held his arms out. "Come here." I smiled and rolled my eyes playfully, making him laugh. I stood up again and wrapped my arms around his neck. My smile grew when I felt his arms tighten around my waist.

"I don't want anything happening to you." He whispered right next to my ear.

"I promise, nothing will." I whispered back.

"Nothing better happen." He whispered fake-threateningly. I laughed slightly and pulled away a little. He smiled at me and rested his forehead against mine.

"We look like a couple." I chuckled.

"I'm not complaining." Johnny joked.

"Shut up." I laughed. He puckered his lips out and I scrunched my face up. "I wanna kisssssss." He whined. I giggled and pecked his lips softly, making him smile.

"Thank you." He cooed. I laughed and we finally pulled away. "Johnny! Get out here!" Johnny raised his eyebrow at Maddy's yelling. I shrugged and he ran out of the room. I walked over to the fridge and grabbed a bottle of Coke before following Johnny to see what was going on. I stopped in my tracks to see Nick and Samantha standing there, holding hands and talking to Johnny. I shot Maddy a look and she frowned before returning to tattooing her client. I walked over to the "Supplies Station" in the corner and started getting out some things I needed.

"...So, Sam on your ring finger and Nick on yours?" I froze in my spot and held my breath as I heard Nick and Sam tell Johnny what they wanted.

"Alright, but uh...isn't this moving a little too fast too soon?" Johnny asked, laughing awkwardly.

"Nah. We're in love." Nick laughed. Followed by Samantha's annoying little fucking laugh that made me want to strangle her and chop her head off.

"...Okie dokie! You're my best friend, so, whatever!" Johnny laughed. I turned around and walked over to my station, which was, of course, right next to Johnny's. I looked down at my supplies that I was holding in my arms, feeling Nick and Samantha's eyes on me.

I sighed and sat down at my station, organizing everything at my messy desk, trying my best to ignore Sam and Nick talking lovey-dovey mushy bullshit to each other while Johnny went and got his supplies.

"Babe, I love you." Samantha cooed.

"I love you too, honey." I whisper-gagged to myself and rolled my eyes.

"Oh, dude! I was wondering if you could tattoo something else on me?"

"Yeah, for sure. What is it?" Johnny asked.

"I just want the tattoo of the back of my neck covered up with some sort of skull or whatever. Maybe like, skull and crossbones or somethin'."

The tattoo on the back of his neck.

The one of my name.

I had the same one, except it was his name.

"Oh, you're fucking pathetic, Nicholas!" I finally snapped. Johnny had a sort of, "here we go again" look on his face, and Maddy looked shocked. "You're gonna get this whore's name on your fucking ring finger, and then my name covered up? You're gonna do this and say this, while I'm just a few fucking feet away from you? Are you two that fucking desperate for attention from me?!"

"What? I regret the tattoo, so I want it covered." Nick shrugged. "Just like I regret ever being with you."

"Yeah, and I regret ever being with a fucking heartless asshole like YOU!" I yelled.

"You wanna call ME heartless?" He stood up and walked up to me, his face just a few inches from mine. "You cheated twice! ONCE WITH MY BEST FRIEND!"

"YOU DID TOO, YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE!" I screamed right in his face. "QUIT ACTING LIKE I'M THE ONLY ONE WHO FUCKED UP IN OUR RELATIONSHIP!"

"WHAT YOU DID WAS WAY FUCKING WORSE!" He screamed back.

"Son of a BITCH, Nick! Why can't you just fucking forgive me and forget about all of this bullshit!? Why the fuck does it have to be World War III between us?!" I cried.

"Because I fucking hate you. Why you ask? Because you fucking broke my heart. Twice." I shook my head and wiped at my eyes.

"You're cold, Nick. Ice cold." I grabbed my bag off of my station and began to walk out the door.

"Oh yeah, by the way; the reason we're getting these tattoos is because we're engaged!"
♠ ♠ ♠
:OOO

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!
OMG. WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK ABOUT THIS?!