Sequel: Just Friends
Status: Active :) Comments get you updates!

Don't Worry, I Fight Dirty

Charlie's Confession

"So....Charlie...what do you like to do?" I asked her awkwardly.

"I love to paint."

"You’re a painter?" I questioned. I didn’t really give a damn, but I was dating her to keep her away from Mason and Katie. If I had to marry the girl to do it, I will.

"Yeah. And you’re a musician, right?"

I nodded.

"Yeah."

"Well, Alex, I hate to tell you this, but you aren’t my type." Charlie stated bluntly.

"You aren’t mine either. I don’t like evil bitches that try to break up engaged couples." I smirked as I crossed my arms across my chest.

"How do you know that?!" Charlie hissed.

"You and Mason aren’t exactly subtle." I snapped. "I’ll marry you just to keep you away from Katie and Mason. She’s happy, don’t take that away from her."

"And why shouldn’t I?" Charlie looked at me, tears threatening to cascade down her face. I started to say something, but she kept on talking. "All she had to do was bounce onto that stage, and Mason fell in lust. Then he realized that he had feelings for me, and it was almost too late."

I stared at her with my mouth hanging open lightly.

"Charlie...are you in love with Mason?" I asked her slowly.

The tears started to pour down her face.

"Yes..." She whispered.

She better not be fucking with me here.

"And you’re in love with Katelyn, right?"

"Damn, you catch on fast." I muttered.

Charlie lightly laughed.

"So what are we going to do?" She asked me.

"What do you mean we?"

"Well, I figured that since you’re in love with Katelyn, and I’m in love with Mason...."

I shook my head.

"No, Charlie."

"But why, Alex?"

"I don’t want to see Katie crushed again. I’ve broken her one too many times."

"And you don’t want to be the one to pick her up and put her back together?!"

"Of course I do!" I snapped back. "But this isn’t the right way to break them!"

"Then how do you suppose it happens?"

"I don’t know, Charlie. I’ll think of something."

"You better, Alex. Or neither of us are going to be happy, and we’ll have to settle."

I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever. Let’s just get out of here."

"Fine." She agreed as I paid for our food, and then we left.

When I got home, the guys and Cayla were sitting around and watching some tv show. I sulked into the living room, and sat down beside of Jack. He noticed my mood and laid his arm around my shoulders.

"Alex, what’s wrong?"

"Jack could like not be such a girl?" I joked.

Jack rolled his eyes, and then he kissed my cheek.

"Tell Jackie what’s wrong."

"Alright you sick fuck." I rolled my eyes. "Charlie is seriously in love with Mason."

Zack stopped and turned to look at me along with his wife.

"She’s what?" Zack asked me.

"The girl is in love with Mason. And they’ve been cheating for a long time. Like almost ever since they got together."

Cayla stood up quickly, and walked as fast as she could to my door.

"Where are you going?" Zack asked her.

"To talk some sense into my best friend." She stated as she rushed out of my house.

"Shit." Rian muttered. "She’s going to say something that she’s gonna regret."

I only nodded, still baffled from my lunch date with Charlie.

"Alex, aren’t you going to do anything?"

"Why should I?" I sat motionless. "If she wants to fuck up her life, let her."

"Since when did you become such a dick?" Jack asked me. "You’re in love with her, and you’re going to just stand by?"

"Look, I don’t want to fucking deal with this. Any of it. All I want to do is go to sleep and wake up three years ago, with Katie in my arms and not make the same fucking mistake again."

"Fine. Do the hell whatever you want to do. Just don’t drag others down with you."

"Whatever."

I rolled my eyes.

I seemed to be doing a lot of this today.

Seconds later, Cayla came back into my house with a pissed off expression.

"What in the hell happened to you?" Rian asked her. Zack was instantly by her side.

"I’m so fucking done."

"Cayla, calm down. What’s wrong?"

"Katelyn." She spat. "I’m so done with being her friend."

"What happened?" Jack asked her.

"I went to talk to her. I tried telling her about Mason, and she shot me down. The girl is so freaking blind that I want to punch her in the face."

Zack’s eyes grew about three times bigger.

"Cayla, are you serious? You told her that? Of course she isn’t going to believe you. She needs to see it for herself."

"How in the hell do you suppose we do that?" Cayla asked.

The girl was cussing like a sailor.

"Invite her to the concert tonight!" Jack stated happily.

"Do you think that she will go?" Zack asked him.

"I’m not asking her." I stated. "She would only turn it down."

"I will ask her." Rian shrugged. "But it would mean more if Alex asked her though."

"If she turns down your invite, I’ll ask." I agreed.

This shit was about to go down in flames.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahhhhh shyttttt!

What do you guys think is gonna happen?!?!

COMMENT!

- Rae <3